FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Signed/Off/Unknown

GMD11UK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been a loyal servant to the club who has served well and shown his versatility as well.

Good to have you staying on Bambi.

Now just to get Rosscoe and Esson sorted out.

A loyal servent?

Does thou forgetteth that he followed Brewster down to Utd as quickly as possible?

But thou hast since returned and played a pivotal role in steering thy club back to the promised land...

Terry was on Talksport this morning. He was asked about signing some players for SPL, and his tongue in cheek answer was " these Scottish clubs don't want to pay June wages" He then went on to say with so many people on holiday it will probably be July before any signings are done.

Terry was on Talksport this morning. He was asked about signing some players for SPL, and his tongue in cheek answer was " these Scottish clubs don't want to pay June wages" He then went on to say with so many people on holiday it will probably be July before any signings are done.

That is a valid point really, until you realise that they'll miss out on part of their pre-season travelling around and negotiating when they could be gelling with their new teams squad. We really need to hit the ground running this season.

Esson has only been offered a 12 month extension according to the Highland News which i think is riciculous. He has been a terrific player all year and is by no means old. If Proctor is getting a 2 year deal then Esson should definitely be getting one as well.

Rosscoe is apparently been attracting intrest in Turkey and Australia.

Further information on Esson and Tokely's contract situation here

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost both this summer with this offer of only a 1 year contract. Esson has been tremendous and an integral part of the solid defence we demonstrated in the tail end of last season.

Tokely's loyalty over the years deserve better.

Am i being a bit wrong in saying, Let Tokkers go if hes not as keen to sign on again let him go dont waste time or money, He is a super Inverness Caley Thistle man but lets be honest his heart is not with us as much now..

Esson to be fair though is right IMO to be pondering only having a 1 year deal seen as he is getting on abit gee him a 2/3 years show him the respect he is due in his effort he has shown us.

Ross has been a great servant to ICT but as this is an important contract for him personally is right (in my opinion) to consider all options. I am surprised that these two are not being offered more than 1 yr deals. Would prefer to see them signed up for at least 2yrs. Just wish they would sign and then we can get on with looking forward to see who is coming in.

I'd imagine the fact they've only been offered 1 year deals is the reason they haven't signed yet. Personally I think it's a very strange decision and you can't blame the players for looking for alternatives

Edited by kencar

I woud like to know who is deciding the length of the contracts because whoever is needs to stop and think. Whether it be Butch or Bennett.

Ross has been an integral part of every ICT team each season for the last decade plus and would probably want to put his best days past him in an ICT shirt and Esson has played in every game last season bar an Alba cup game and is probably one of the best Scottish keepers in the country and i don't doubt for one minute that either want to stay.

These are two guys who have played key roles in steering us back to the SPL, they have been as vital as Foran, Rooney etc and the club rewards them with only one year extensions?? I would be very dissapointed and feel rather undervalued with that especially knowing that other 1st team players got 2 year deals.

If it is down to financial constraints then i'am very worried that we can only 4 players the security of a 2 year deal.

I do hope the remaining 2 sign up but i must admit despite the reassurances of Butcher i do now have doubts.

Personally I can understand Tokeley being offered only a 1 year contract. I know he has been a great servant for years but I'm not sure how he'll cope with SPL again.

Esson however I cannot fathom why he has not been offered a 2/3 year deal. Clearly the best goalkeeper in SFL last year in my opinion. Is there some clash still between he and Butcher as was evident at end of our last SPL season?

Sheer madness IMHO. When you have one of the best goalkeepers in the country on top of his game (18 clean sheets last term and a close second for players player of the season) you get him signed up! A one year offer is insulting and incredibly short sighted.

Agreed. But remember people, this is Caley Thistle. A club that usually blows it.

Guest Mahonio

Sheer madness IMHO. When you have one of the best goalkeepers in the country on top of his game (18 clean sheets last term and a close second for players player of the season) you get him signed up! A one year offer is insulting and incredibly short sighted.

Agreed. But remember people, this is Caley Thistle. A club that usually blows it.

Do you actually support this club lad because all i hear is criticism and in reply to the bold bit, WE GOT PROMOTED AT 1ST TIME OF ASKING, hardly "blowing it" is it?

Edited by Mahonio

I would say he/she/it supports the club, but doesn't trust the board to get the critical decisions right as time and time again, they have blown it. Do you think offering Ryan Esson a one year deal is a good decision? I am aware that I won't know all the facts but the only facts that really concern the fans are that we could lose the best keeper we've had in a while, and if we don't, then we'll lose him next year.

In response to post #47 -

:P

I was actually referring to the fact, that ICT seem to have make a mess of things. It's happened before. Whether it be on the pitch, such as ICT's habit of losing late goals, or whether it'd be off the pitch, such as how more effort wasn't made to keep Bobby Mann or Darren Dods (a player who's never been properly replaced) or the disastrous decision to bring back Brewster, which in turn led to the end of players such as Barry Wilson, Ian Black and John Rankin at ICT. There's many more. That's got nothing to do with whether I support the club or not, cause anyone could see that history may be repeating itself again. I think most people quite easily comprehended what I meant.

Edited by Renegade

Guest Mahonio

Ok but don't you think the wage budget may have something to with the offers but i don't really care how long someone signs for, as long as they do.

For me, having a good keeper should be the priority, the wages may well be the issue (though I believe in Esson's case the length of contract is the issue), it would be well worth it to spend as much as you can to ensure that that position is suitably filled. On the second point, length is important. Whilst it is better to have them signed up for at least some time rather than none, I'd rather have someone like Esson signed up for the future with the end in a few years time, so he cannot leave for free (when, should he gauge the interests of other clubs and a possible transfer bid could come ICT's way), or have to go through this same tooing and frowing next year.