FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Show your support for England !

Canada Bob

The reality is that England are through... but 2 crap performances and a poor show against a shyte - really shyte Slovenia will not have the opposition shaking in their boots.

Engerlund will get feckin scalped but a half decent team.

The reality is that England are through... but 2 crap performances and a poor show against a shyte - really shyte Slovenia will not have the opposition shaking in their boots.

Aye.....but at least we're there.

Enjoy it while it lasts

Are you not in the slightest embarassed? I'd be gutted.

No, I know they have progressed by the skin of their teeth but better that than go out playing well.

If they were to win the cup playing badly I would be happy. The record books don't say they didn't win but they played well, they don't say they won but played crap, they merely say they won.

Winning playing crap is better than losing playing well.

No, I know they have progressed by the skin of their teeth but better that than go out playing well.

If they were to win the cup playing badly I would be happy. The record books don't say they didn't win but they played well, they don't say they won but played crap, they merely say they won.

If you are looking for a physical name in a book then you are correct, but just because a team won does not necessarily mean that they will be remembered. For example, the Dutch World Cup side of 1974 are remembered more than the West Germany side that won the competition that year. Arrigo Sacchi's AC Milan are remembered far more than Fabio Capello's AC Milan, even though Capello's Milan won more than Sacchi's did. Jut because a team, does not mean that they won't fade into obscurity as time goes on.

If you are looking for a physical name in a book then you are correct, but just because a team won does not necessarily mean that they will be remembered. For example, the Dutch World Cup side of 1974 are remembered more than the West Germany side that won the competition that year. Arrigo Sacchi's AC Milan are remembered far more than Fabio Capello's AC Milan, even though Capello's Milan won more than Sacchi's did. Jut because a team, does not mean that they won't fade into obscurity as time goes on.

Renegade, If England win, can you really see the English media letting it fade into obscurity?

I think not.

I get your point, but that's just because they're so hopeless at getting to major finals! :D Funnily enough, I heard a German guy talking about the England team on the radio a few weeks ago. He reckoned that the reason that the English media go on about '66 so much, is because they've only done it once. The Germans have gotten into 13 major finals (both united and under West Germany) in their time, so they no longer talk about it. They've done it so often that they don't need to hype them up, getting to a major final isn't such a big deal any more. The reason England go on about their World Cup win, is cause they've only done it once. Had they won it, say five or six times, it would no longer have the fascination and hype that it has.

I get your point, but that's just because they're so hopeless at getting to major finals! ;) Funnily enough, I heard a German guy talking about the England team on the radio a few weeks ago. He reckoned that the reason that the English media go on about '66 so much, is because they've only done it once. The Germans have gotten into 13 major finals (both united and under West Germany) in their time, so they no longer talk about it. They've done it so often that they don't need to hype them up, getting to a major final isn't such a big deal any more. The reason England go on about their World Cup win, is cause they've only done it once. Had they won it, say five or six times, it would no longer have the fascination and hype that it has.

Fair enough point BUT the one flaw I can see in that theory is that the English media already think we have a God given right to be there. So imagine what they would be like if we won 5 or 6 times. :angry:

SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

ENGLAND HAVE A NEW COACH!!!!

ITS PICKING THEM UP FROM HEATHROW ON MONDAY MORNING!!