FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Sellic

TopSix

Esson is our No.1 without question . Anyone that says different aint got a scooby .

Tuffey is our number one. Anyone who says otherwise after that 1-0 game away to Partick needs to have a word with themselves.

How many games has tuffey been number 1?

Esson did nothing wrong at all last season and was by far the best keeper in the league and tuffey has not proved himself for us yet therefore it would not make sense to drop esson

Not often I get involved in these squabbles, but what has Esson done wrong to warrant not being our 1st choice goalkeeper? He was exceptional most of last season with umpteen clean sheets as we all know.

I'm sure Tuffey is a fine keeper too, but promoting him as number 1 based on one performance for Partick against us seems OTT to me. Personally I'd wait till Esson blots his copybook before replacing him with Tuffey, and I sincerely hope, and expect, that it will be a long time before this is necessary.

A fair point which I would be inclinded to agree with BUT Tuffey was surely signed to be our number 1?

Not often I get involved in these squabbles, but what has Esson done wrong to warrant not being our 1st choice goalkeeper? He was exceptional most of last season with umpteen clean sheets as we all know.

I'm sure Tuffey is a fine keeper too, but promoting him as number 1 based on one performance for Partick against us seems OTT to me. Personally I'd wait till Esson blots his copybook before replacing him with Tuffey, and I sincerely hope, and expect, that it will be a long time before this is necessary.

A fair point which I would be inclinded to agree with BUT Tuffey was surely signed to be our number 1?

Of course he wasn't signed to be number 1 ffs .

• Disagree 1

I'm surprised at that. I would have thought he would be looking for regular first team football - not moving north just to warm the bench. He's a rising star and you've got to agree it was quite a coup securing the services of this international player?

Butcher publicly stated Esson was #1 when Tuffey signed.

You got to remember Tuffey was only playing in the SFL1. He's still quite a long way to go before he merits being a first pick for anything above that. If he can oust Esson (let's face it, even GK's get an injury), then that's another step up the ladder. He's got to prove himself worthy of a starting place in the SPL (where he's never featured) by performing in training and taking his chance when it comes. Still a rookie though and shouldn't be sweeping aside an established player.

I'm surprised at that. I would have thought he would be looking for regular first team football - not moving north just to warm the bench. He's a rising star and you've got to agree it was quite a coup securing the services of this international player?

Pick up a damn newspaper he was signed to have competition for the number one jersey not to get straight into the first team squad.

Esson is our No.1 without question . Anyone that says different aint got a scooby .

Tuffey is our number one. Anyone who says otherwise after that 1-0 game away to Partick needs to have a word with themselves.

One terrific performance doesn't make him our number 1. Its all about consistancy and Esson proved this ALL of last season. ICT have never had a better keeper in my opinion.

As for the line up:

Esson

Tokely Munro Innes Gillet

Duncan Cox

Hayes Odhiambo Foran

Rooney

Subs: tuffey, mcbain, sutherland, gil, procter, mccann, sanchez/ross

No doubts that jimmy calder is an ICT legend, he is one of my all time favourite players. However, the best quality goalkeeper inverness has had is Esson! If he has another good season i see no reason why he he shouldnt be considered for a scotland squad call up

Esson

McCann Tokey Munro Gillet

Duncan Cox

Hayes Odhiambo Foran

Rooney

Subs : Tuffey, McBain, Sutherland, Ross, Golabeck

spot on. but with Blumanshtein and Sanchez on the bench too. 7 subs this year IIRC?

Now that I've seen all the players, I'd go with -

Esson

McCann Tokely Munro Gillet

Odhiambo Cox Duncan Foran

Rooney Blumenshtein

Subs - Tuffey, Sutherland, Proctor, Hayes*, Shinnie, Sanchez, Golabek/Ross/McBain

* - Hayes as impact substitute.

Edited by Renegade

spot on. but with Blumanshtein and Sanchez on the bench too. 7 subs this year IIRC?

I didn't think these two contributed much this afternoon.

Correction.... I don't think they contributed anything this afternoon.

despite doing little in the first half I think Blumanshtein played better in the second half and had some very good set pieces however want to see a lot more from him. I think it'll take him a while to get used to our system and whats being asked of him

Sanchez was pretty anonymous today but i think that is because he's not a wide player.

• Agree 1

Esson

Rooney Blumenshtein

Subs - Tuffey, Sutherland, Proctor, Hayes*, Shinnie, Sanchez, Golabek/Ross/McBain

Who are you and what have you done with the real Renegade!

------------------Esson

Mccann--Tokely---Munro---Gillet

--------Cox------Pedz

Gil--------Eric-------Foran

----------Rooney

Subs:Tuffey,Proctor,McBain, Golly, Hayes,Sanchez, Sutherland

Hayes is only on bench cos he will probably be unfit and innes is not there due to his ban

Esson

Rooney Blumenshtein

Looks like my brief pre season, psychological interventions are bearing fruit - almost totally agree :_shocked2:

Esson and Tuffey is a great choice to have - I can see Tuffey being played in the Cup games with Ryan in posssesion of the No 1 spot - and with tuffey waiting in the wings Ryan has to really strut his stuff - not shure how long that we can hold on to both of them but long may it last.

Still not shure about McCann but Proctor or Tokely are cover if necessitated - will be very interesting to see what will happen when innes is avaialable again - but again this puts the onus on Rosscoe and Graanty to perform.

Suspect I would play Eric as he has been getting rave reviews at games I have not seen - I would personally have really been thinking about pitching in Ross wide rite, whilst we await Foran. That may well be what TB does and favours Eric fer Gil - especially against Cellic as we are more likely going to be utilising the hoof and that is where Eric is at his most dangerous.

Gil is not a wide player - i suspect that the only place where we will ever see him perform would be in the hole just off Rooney or Sutherland - i am very disappointed that we didnt try out the Rooney / Gill pairing in the pre season. I suspect that we may see that at tannadice.

Esson

Cox Duncan

Ross Eric Foran

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Golabek, Proctor, Morrison, Blumanshtein, Hayes & Sutherland

Hayes to come on for the last 20/30 mins give the celtic defence something else to think about.

Blumanshtein doesn't start as he is not effective enough out wide and needs to play in the hole behind Rooney but Eric has had a good pre-season there so have to go for him.

It's pretty common knowledge that Tuffey was the best keeper in the league last year. At least according to the 10 managers of the division. I would have had Esson as a very close second. However, Esson should still be number 1 as, as someone said, Butcher won't just drop Esson when someone of a similar standard joins the club.

I was actually saying at the game yesterday, when do you ever see 2 goalkeepers of such high quality (SPL terms) at the same club? Think we're pretty much sorted in that department.

Edit - I suppose Rangers have in McGregor and Alexander. But for a club of our stature, it's pretty satisfying.

Edited by MabawswaRichie

esson

proctor - tokely - munro - golabek

duncan - cox

hayes - sanchez - foran

rooney

I'd go for the team that won us the league and keep up momentum from last season to keep our run going.

but i think we are in big trouble if foran AND hayes dont play, looks like foran will be oryt but unsure about hayes