FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Media praise for ICT

Guest Murchie1

Guest Murchie1

Amidst all the post-match media frenzy which inevitably focuses on how bad Rangers were/are - and after listening to the usual Weegie phone-in paranoia and slavering - how refreshing for a change to read a balanced article which gives DUE CREDIT to ICT, albeit that it is tucked away in the bottom right hand corner of the back page of Scotland on Sunday Sport.  I have been unable to find an online link to post here, but Tom English has written, under the heading Credit Due to Super Caley -

"Amid all the acrimony that swept around Ibrox yesterday afternoon and all the inevitable damning of the names of Lionel Letizi, Paul Le Guen and David Murray that occurred in a thousand different watering holes last night, an injustice was done to Caley Thistle.  Of course their victory in Glasgow was a surprise, but it was no thunderbolt.  When Charlie Christie's men said they fancied themselves to get something out of the game they were basing their views on solid fact rather than fairytale.

These teams had met six times in the SPL before yesterday and not once was there more than a solitary goal between them.  Caley were unbeaten at Ibrox in 2005 so why would they fear Rangers?  In their mortification it is asking a lot of the Rangers support to see the big picture but this was not a freak result, more the continuation of a trend that began a long time ago."

Thank you Tom, for expressing our own mood and optimism.  As for Rangers and Celtic supporters, plentiful they may be, but they will NEVER see the bigger picture, stuck as they are in their blinkered, bigoted mindsets.

I am just watching the Setanta SPL highlights and fair play to Robbo who gave us all the credit.  He said that all the press was on the goalkeeping error, but he praised Bayne for an excellent strike.  He fully expects to see ICT with a comfortable top six place.

Cheers Robbo for pointing out to the central belt media that ICT can actually play football.

I don't subscribe to Setanta but you get the highlights free most Sunday mornings.  Much better than waiting up on a Monday night til all hours for that Scotsport C**P.  I've taped it this morning so I'll go back and post some more of Robbo's comments.  Very complimentary of the team and of Charlie Christie as a manager.

On the UK football review on the CNN Sports section they have been showing the Celtic goals but we do get a mention - a shock result by KAY-LEE - interesting pronounciation - up there with the infamous TANA-DEECH-EE  :001:

More confusing as it was just after the presenter had said Inverness Caledonian Thistle seconds earlier. Americans.... :006:

Well I have to say the Scotsman gave ICT a good write up....

"The lack of pace, imagination and conviction from Rangers was quite startling, most notably in the first half, when the supremely well drilled Inverness side maintained parity with a level of comfort they could scarcely have imagined as they travelled down the A9"

"MOM... Craig Dargo. There were several candidates in the Inverness ranks, but Dargo edges the plaudits for his tireless shift, in both supplementing the midfield and supporting Bayne with the added bonus of delivering the shot which forced Letizi's error"