FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Steve Coppell resignation

Dmacca

I was wondering when you would mention this, as a supporter of a rival club in the city. Yes, Coppell walked out of Man City, I think, a few years ago after only a couple of weeks. I didn't really rate him at Reading even though he got them promotion (and subsequent relegation). Yet, he has years of managerial experience under his belt so I guess he must have something. I always felt he lacked a bit of charisma, and needed a 'bit more fire in his belly'. Don't think we'll see him back in football management in a hurry.

yep Coppell walked out on Man City after abut 6 weeks. from the Press conference at the time he looked in shock...he should have tried being a fan!

Various reasons circulated (most of which I could not repeat here) but he seemed stressed out by the demands of the job. In truth as an ex-ManU player he was never going to be popular with the fans