FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

ICTFCkev

Think timing had something to do with him going really. We didnt really see ourselves as promotion candidates/certainties at the time and I think the thought of getting some money for him sold it at the time. He also got to play back in the spl and probably thought we were destined to another season in div 1.

We may have won on Saturday if Imrie was still with ICT. He would have played instead of Ross and we'd have adequate cover for Foran with experience. I still think we should have kept him and was surprised at how well we done without him in the team last year. But this may be down to the fact that none of our wingers went out injured. Having Imrie as cover/competition for our wingers would have been an excellent weapon to have this season.

Well, we might have won if Barry Wilson was on the wing too, and BIG bobby in defence, and Dargo would have slotted that one past Cerny instead of Hayes squaring it no nobody.... tough eh!

I have hidden a number of posts in this thread and banned one member from participating in this thread. On any level it is NOT appropriate to make comments wishing death on another player - not even on Mr Imrie who I completely understand is not everyone's cup of tea.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please be aware that we are also entitled - as owners of this site - to choose not to display that opinion.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I have hidden a number of posts in this thread and banned one member from participating in this thread. On any level it is NOT appropriate to make comments wishing death on another player - not even on Mr Imrie who I completely understand is not everyone's cup of tea.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please be aware that we are also entitled - as owners of this site - to choose not to display that opinion.

Scotty as you state Mr Imrie is certainly not everyones cup of tea - hes not my cup of tea lately either. However I was embarrassed at some of the chanting on saturday which was right beside the family section in a family orientated club (rightly or wrongly before someone comes on about the family club bit). It was also reported on extensively by the press and now we are all tarred with the same brush.

I was speaking to Guy Kerr a couple of weeks back- he's at Berwick now. He is still good mates with Imrie.

However I think Imrie's contribution to the ICT cause is pretty negligible, and anybody who saw the sending off at Perth and the booking at Arbroath will be glad he's buggered off.

absolute twaddle!!

your basing your opinion on a booking and a sending off which while annoying was borne through frustration?? have you never done anything in the heat of the moment? Imrie was not to blame for that defeat in Perth, our second half collapse was.

Twaddle yourself! How do you know what my opinion is based on? Do you always reply to posts without reading them properly?

I've been watching this topic for the last few days and for what It's worth I thought I would throw in my tuppence worth. Before the game there were many saying they would show Dougie some respect and others who appeared to have an utter dislike of the man. Whichever viewpoint you took there is absolutely no way anyone can condone the singing of 'Dougie Imrie, Paedophile'. To liken him to some of the vile people who have committed such a despicable crime against children is truly appalling. Like many others I was quite upset by his celebrations but when I sat down and thought about it, it was no more than those so called supporters deserved. I have spoken many times to those around me and stood up for the section G guys but on this occassion what could be said - Allegations - that if were true and was as public knowledge as we are led to believe would surely have gone much further than allegations. Like many others it can be a great craic winding up other players etc but somethings step over a certain line and IMHO this was one of those times. No doubt some will say to lighten up etc but sometimes people feel strongly about certain things and to top it all off, they were singing it to the same tune as Caley Thistle Champions.

Sits back and waits for the slagging off

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

I was speaking to Guy Kerr a couple of weeks back- he's at Berwick now. He is still good mates with Imrie.

However I think Imrie's contribution to the ICT cause is pretty negligible, and anybody who saw the sending off at Perth and the booking at Arbroath will be glad he's buggered off.

absolute twaddle!!

your basing your opinion on a booking and a sending off which while annoying was borne through frustration?? have you never done anything in the heat of the moment? Imrie was not to blame for that defeat in Perth, our second half collapse was.

Twaddle yourself! How do you know what my opinion is based on? Do you always reply to posts without reading them properly?

can i ask what your basing your opinion then?

bearing in mind that he has won games for us and scored important goals for us i struggle to see how it is football based

I've been watching this topic for the last few days and for what It's worth I thought I would throw in my tuppence worth. Before the game there were many saying they would show Dougie some respect and others who appeared to have an utter dislike of the man. Whichever viewpoint you took there is absolutely no way anyone can condone the singing of 'Dougie Imrie, Paedophile'. To liken him to some of the vile people who have committed such a despicable crime against children is truly appalling. Like many others I was quite upset by his celebrations but when I sat down and thought about it, it was no more than those so called supporters deserved. I have spoken many times to those around me and stood up for the section G guys but on this occassion what could be said - Allegations - that if were true and was as public knowledge as we are led to believe would surely have gone much further than allegations. Like many others it can be a great craic winding up other players etc but somethings step over a certain line and IMHO this was one of those times. No doubt some will say to lighten up etc but sometimes people feel strongly about certain things and to top it all off, they were singing it to the same tune as Caley Thistle Champions.

No slagging from these quarters: have a green dot. I'd avoided this topic too so far as I wasn't at the game, but I agree completely with you that there can be no justification for these sorts of chants at football. It's not simply that their intended target almost certainly doesn't deserve this sort of attack; statistically it's also very likely that there will be someone in earshot whose life has been affected in some way by some sort of child abuse. The last thing anyone in that position would want to hear is the subject being made light of and used as a cheap weapon to try and hurt someone who is, ultimately, just a footballer for a rival team. Sorry if these seems melodramatic, but as jagster says, there are some things people feel strongly about.

• Agree 1

Guy Kerr - THE biggest chancer and worst CB ever to pull on a caley shirt. See he can't get a game at Berwick either and Imrie will probably laugh if he hears he is a mate! :lol::lol:

bearing in mind that he has won games for us and scored important goals for us i struggle to see how it is football based

Well, since you've got a bee in your bonnet about how Imrie appears to be an ICT legend, and you started slinging the mud at me, even though I wasn't the only poster to criticise him, how about you kick it off by listing all his achievements?

Or maybe your interest is not 'football based'?

Well, since you've got a bee in your bonnet about how Imrie appears to be an ICT legend, and you started slinging the mud at me, even though I wasn't the only poster to criticise him, how about you kick it off by listing all his achievements?

i see you dodged my question about how you think Imries contribution to ICT has been negligible

i certainly do not have bee in my bonnet nor did i sling any mud at anyone.

i merely suggested the statement where you described his contribution to ICT as negligible was 'absolute twaddle', if you find that offensive or provocative then i am sorry.

Im not going to list all of his achievements nor could i without refering to an external source and to be honest thats not what is being discussed in this thread.

Imrie played over 60 games for ICT and like it or not his contribution either directly or indirectly won us games. If this is deemed as negligible then i need to check the definition of negligible

The main jist of what im trying to say is, football is full of varying characters, some we like, some we dont, however the crux of the matter is not our opinions on the player but what he does for the club. Imrie, whether you find him friend or foe, contributed to this team.

Completely agree with all of your points, Jagster.

i see you dodged my question about how you think Imries contribution to ICT has been negligible

i merely suggested the statement where you described his contribution to ICT as negligible was 'absolute twaddle', if you find that offensive or provocative then i am sorry.

Im not going to list all of his achievements nor could i without refering to an external source and to be honest thats not what is being discussed in this thread.

Imrie played over 60 games for ICT and like it or not his contribution either directly or indirectly won us games. If this is deemed as negligible then i need to check the definition of negligible

The main jist of what im trying to say is, football is full of varying characters, some we like, some we dont, however the crux of the matter is not our opinions on the player but what he does for the club. Imrie, whether you find him friend or foe, contributed to this team.

Dougie was our best player when we were relegated

and Imrie will probably laugh if he hears he is a mate! :lol::lol:

..... and you know this how?

because I know Guy Kerr.

Maybe the correct answer though would be "because I know Dougie' :tongue:

I also know Guy reasonably well and if he was wanting to impress me, I don't think he would have namedropped Imrie- I'm sure he could have said he met Lionel Messi for a pint instead :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyhoo ... back on topic ..... did anyone else notice the little dig at the end of the article in the Courier ???

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/fullstory.php/aid/13245/Jeers_and_boos_don_t_bother_Imrie.html

"I'm just delighted I'm at a club that respects how I play and what I do for them"

Au contraire, mon ami, I would say it is you who have dodged it.

Surely logic dictates that you have the easy job- proving a positive is far simpler than proving a negative. Just show how he has, quote, "won games for us and scored important goals for us". If you cannot produce such a list, then indeed his contribution to this mighty club has been negligible.

Never mind consulting sources, you could do it from memory with other (non-negligible) ICT players such as Denzil or Bobby Mann, so why not with Imrie?

Apart from his excellent free kick at Tynecastle, (a game we lost anyway) I cannot think of one thing about Imrie that I will remember in 10 years time, when we're still talking about people like 10cc, Barry Robson, Barry Wilson, Jim Calder, Broonie, etc, etc, etc. Even Alan Hercher gives me more memories of his 2 years or so at this club than Imrie does.

Apart from his pace and a strong left foot shot, he is a limited footballer. He runs into blind alleys, has little vision, very little skill and cannot make a pass. I mean when he tries to pass, as opposed to when he's just being greedy.

However you seem to think I dislike him personally - not so. I admire how far he has come in the game with so little talent.

p.s. I bet you weren't even at the Arbroath game :nanananana:

Normally i wouldn't disagree with Mantis but i think Dougie was a great player for us...his work rate put others to shame during his season and a half in the SPL - we paid good money for him and got good money back!!!

We were lucky because Hayes came in and ran with his chance last season but i would love a few more 'Dougies' in my team to wind up the opposition players/fans....He won't be a Caley legend like the Denzils & Roscoes of this world but IMO he gave everything he had every match when playing for us!!!

• Agree 1

and Imrie will probably laugh if he hears he is a mate! :lol::lol:

..... and you know this how?

because I know Guy Kerr.

Maybe the correct answer though would be "because I know Dougie' :tongue:

I also know Guy reasonably well and if he was wanting to impress me, I don't think he would have namedropped Imrie- I'm sure he could have said he met Lionel Messi for a pint instead :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. I gave you the correct answer. I don't know Doug Imrie

If you know Kerr reasonably well you will know he is a chancer - NOT to be believed

Edited by caleyboy