FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: ICT v Hearts

CaleyD

Next game: Tokely to RB, Golly at LB. Ross is finding himself out of position, whilst Proctor's just not got it at RB (good midfielder or sweeper though).

I'd far prefer to see Tokely at right back too, but to be fair to Proctor, I think any of our full backs would have struggled against Templeton today. If the injury to Innes is bad, though, then I guess Tokely will be back in the centre against Celtic.

Defeat against Hearts isn't the end of the world, and 3-1 did flatter them, but the performance of the defence is going to give St Mirren confidence for next week and although there were some nice moves going forward, it was all a bit erratic - we never really looked like controlling things. Maybe Foran returning will help us keep up a bit of momentum going forward, but I hope Gillet isn't going to be out for too long because any quick direct player is going to trouble the full backs that started for us today.

I'm a bit surprised we lost that one 3-1 to be honest, We didn't play badly but lost a couple of soft goals on the break, we did however have a few of chances to score. The only bad point i would say was the defence, Tokely at left back wasn't working and Proctor wasn't too good at right back either.

Hayes had a good game and had their left back in his pocket all day. Rooney done well also and created a few chances with a great first touch but was unlucky with the finish.

Pass marks for Duff and Ross too today who i thought offered a few nice balls through to Rooney.

there wasn't 2 goals in it, but they took their chances and got through our full-backs way too easy! not good. we looked okay in possession and our goal came from some good work from ross and duff. eric did take two squaffs to get it in but it got there :)

however the defence just wasn't at the races, proctor got done by templeton most times. rosco the same by suso (wasn't a penalty but close!) when kyle came on the centrebacks then had problems and couldn't cover the wings if needed. rosco ain't a left back. mcbain or golly please terry.

reckoned ross,odi and hayes had good games although better final balls would be nice for rooney. ross was as good as i've seen him today, couple nice runs and a couple good inside balls.

nice to see foran back although there was nothing he could do in the time remaining (one nice reverse path if i recall correctly).

summary being we could have got something from that game but didn't and that was probably a defensive problem. with innes going off aswell this could be worrying!