FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Email to St.Mirren

KingBeastie

I have been meaning to do this all week but have been so busy, just got round to it now.

I have sent the email below to St.Mirren FC to let them know how good their stewards were and how much it helped create a great match day experience. Maybe, just maybe, some other SPL clubs may take note. :ponder:

Either way St.Mirren deserve the praise.

Hi,

Not sure if this message will reach the appropriate folk but hopefully you can ensure that it does for me.

I am an Inverness CT supporter and was at the match at your stadium on Saturday. I just wanted to express my thanks to your stewards and match day folk for helping to create such a marvelous atmosphere at the game. Too many stadiums in the Scotland treat the smaller away supports very poorly.

I won't name names but there are certain SPL grounds that I try to avoid going to as the match day experience is severely hampered by over-zealous and often mis-guided stewards, our own club is no exception here. The common-sense, practical and helpful stewarding shown on Saturday was marvelous and helped make for a great away day.

I will be telling my friends, both ICT and supporters of other teams of how much I enjoyed my visit to your stadium and look forward to returning (win, lose or draw!).

I'd really love to see other stadiums in Scotland treat away fans so well, as I really believe it would help attendances greatly, the fact that I purposely avoid certain grounds due to this speaks for itself and I know I am not alone.

Again, many thanks and I look forward to visiting St.Mirren Park again.

Steve

P.S. Danny Lennon is still a butler though!!

:bouncyred::bouncyblue::ictscarf: :ictscarf: :bouncyred::bouncyblue::rotflmao:

• Agree 4

I wasn't at St.Mirren but quite suprised to read this!

It is normally one of the worst grounds in the SPL in regards to stewards, although saying that Hibs used to be one of the best!! Hibs used to let the fans sing, stand and have a good time and as long as there wasn't a problem they would just leave us to it. I can remember St.Mirren though being different and every game there was this same steward there, about 5 ft tall and carrying a clipboard. He would stand down the bottom staring at the crowd, waiting for someone to stand up, even for a second and as soon as they did he would start pointing and soon enough it was the same as the Hibs stewards, up hassling people straight away and young boys being thrown out!

Really pleased to hear that this has maybe stopped! It was one reason that would have made me think twice about going to Paisley.

Been at Love Street many times and the new place twice, but can't recall any bother at all. Mind you we've often had a small support there as it's a bit of a hassle to get to, especially if Rangers are at home. So a few times we only had a few chants and not much else.

Mind you the time we knocked them out the cup was something else :laugh:

Still happy to see them go down- I'd rather go to Falkirk or EEP or Firhill any day.

I also sent an email to St Mirren after the game on Saturday.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yaaaaas, 2-1 you weegie overspill manky junkie tink! Going down, going down, going down - you butler managed ****.

Kind Regards

Chris

I'll let you know when I get my reply.

Edited by ictchris
  • Agree 5

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yaaaaas, 2-1 you weegie overspill manky junkie tink! Going down, going down, going down - you butler managed ****.

Kind Regards

Chris

It's probably more polite and coherent than any correspondence they are getting from their own fans.

Oh, and if St Mirren fans can be described as disgruntled, does that mean we are gruntled?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind Regards

Chris

:clapping:

I'll let you know when I get my reply.

Edited by 12th Man