FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: ICT -V- Aberdeen

Scotty

I'm with Dalneigh Caley. There is absolutely no contact between Tokelys boot and the ball before he goes through Megginson. The touch on the ball is clearly with the outside of Megginson right boot as he pushes it away.

Opinion seems very divided on this. All I will say is that had it been Zander Diamond making the tackle and young Nick Ross having the brittleness of his legs tested, I don't think there would be the same divergence of opinion.

Spot on.

Opinion seems very divided on this. All I will say is that had it been Zander Diamond making the tackle and young Nick Ross having the brittleness of his legs tested, I don't think there would be the same divergence of opinion.

All part of the fun of following football and one of the main reasons why technology/video replays for refs etc should be kept well away from the sport.

Tokely should have been sent off for that, The Aberdeen player touches the ball away and Tokely comes in with a dangerous tackle and takes the guy out, simple. I also don't think the Aberdeen guy should have been sent off for the alledged stamping on Hayes. Even on the slow mo i still can't really make that out.

Even though it can still be hard to make a decision watching a replay it would still help cut out all those mistakes refs actually do make during the game. Its just old fashioned to think we shouldn't have new technologies coming into the game that willl benefit us all. The sooner we stop getting offside goals, balls that cross the line that aren't given and wrong penalty decisions the better.

• Agree 2

No stamp but I still think there's a kick in the stomach.

Interesting to see that McGregor has been punished for his wee kick out at MacGuire in the Aberdeen v Rangers game despite the referee taking no action at the time and Aberdeen not complaining about the incident either.

That is a p1sh decision. There was totally a stamp on Hayes, as anyone watching from the main stand will be able to confirm (although, perhaps unsurprisingly, the sightlines from the Aberdeen dug-out didn't give so clear a view!).

The TV replays weren't clear enough to confirm it because there wasn't a camera with a good angle - in each case Hayes' body masked the view of the stamping boot which was clearly more than just an attempt to disentagle himself.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1