FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Hamilton

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I would go with same again for Hamilton, as the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :wink:.

So that would be (going by ALBA anyway)

Esson

McCann, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie

Hayes, Morrison, Duff, Foran

Ross

Rooney

Bench: Tuffey (GK), Golabek, McBain, Cox, Odhiambo,Sutherland and Sanchez.

Also, what is the best way for me to get programmes from the away matches, just phone the clubs and ask for a programme from that said game? I am asking this because i am wanting to start getting some away match programmes as well as some home game ones as well :thumbup:

Edited by Mahonio

You genuinely believe that there's nothing wrong with the team as it was tonight?

Having seen the game on Hurdy Gurdy TV now, I thought we were **** poor and in no way deserved to win.

I think our Irish trio are mis-firing up front and we look extremely suspect at the back when questions are asked of it from reasonably pacey attacks. We aren't even that good in the midfield, we have no one that can dictate the pace or direction of a game!

Before anyone attacks what I'm saying, have a think about how we've got to where we are in the league. We've had massive amounts of luck! Luck like we've had doesn't carry on forever and when it runs out, if we've not sorted our act out, we will sink back down to the bottom six and potentially get heavily involved in a relegation battle toward the business end of the season.

Any way, here's how I'd line up against one of my most hated teams in Scotland on account of how many scum-bags they have in their squad:

Esson

McAnn Innes Munro Shinnie (Gillet if fit)

Duff Morrison (Duncan if fit)

Hayes Odhiambo Ross

Sutherland

Here's my thinking:

CB - I'd drop Tokely because against a pacey attack, he is a total liability.

LB - Shinnie has had a torrid time now in his last two games, especially the Motherwell game where Humphrey tore him a new hole on several occasions. The sooner we get a fully fit Gillet back in the team, the better.

CDM - Although Morrison looked like he did an OK job against Aberdeen, he didn't boss the game like a defensive midfielder should. Though it genuinely pains me to say this, I think we miss Duncan in there.

LM - Drop Foran and move Ross out to this position allowing Odhiambo back into the team. Foran may well have created Granty's goal tonight but he is far from his best and something needs done about that.

CF - Drop Rooney, he's not been at the races for the last few games and he made some appalling decisions in tonights game. Sutherland, I feel will be more suited to taking on long balls that are aimed at him from our defence and bring the supporting cast attacking from midfield into the play more.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 5

I agree with you to some extent J. I thought we did ride our luck at times. I wouldn't drop Rooney though - he took that penalty superbly. Foran looked like he's carrying injuries - I'd leave him out of the starting line up for Saturday but have him on the bench. Hopefully Gillet will be fit enough - hasselbaink is a quick strong wee so and so - I'm concerned about Shinnie going up against him.

I think our injury situation is still dictating to a huge extent our line ups. By recent media reports, Gillet and Innes are still not suitably recovered to make the team therefore i think our defence pretty much picks itself.

The one area where we have the personnel to swap things about is in the midfield and wide areas however the only change i see happening is which player starts out of Morrison, Odhiambo, Sanchez, Cox or Duncan.

I cant see Butcher Dropping Foran, Hayes or Rooney unless any one of them are injured.

While it would be great to alter our team to try to nullify Hamiltons pacey/strong attack or even freshen things up i dont think Butcher has much choice than to stick with something similar to last nights line-up. I think Morrison is still learning at this level and hopefully Cox will be back as i feel Cox and Duff could provide a sound defensive midfield partnership which would allow Ross and Foran to play further up the park.

Really cant stand Hamilton and especially Reid. He has his players trying every trick in the book trying to influence the ref and have never seen such an anti-football playing team as they do. Their timewasting, diving and bending of every rule in the book infuriates me so much

Really hope we get stuck right in and give them a doing

Mahonio,

if you contact Bryan Munro the programme editor, he sets up a system where you let him know what games you need programmes for (home or away) and then he posts them to you once you have paid for them. i mainly use him for the home programmes and the odd away game that i miss

You genuinely believe that there's nothing wrong with the team as it was tonight?

Having seen the game on Hurdy Gurdy TV now, I thought we were **** poor and in no way deserved to win.

I think our Irish trio are mis-firing up front and we look extremely suspect at the back when questions are asked of it from reasonably pacey attacks. We aren't even that good in the midfield, we have no one that can dictate the pace or direction of a game!

Before anyone attacks what I'm saying, have a think about how we've got to where we are in the league. We've had massive amounts of luck! Luck like we've had doesn't carry on forever and when it runs out, if we've not sorted our act out, we will sink back down to the bottom six and potentially get heavily involved in a relegation battle toward the business end of the season.

Any way, here's how I'd line up against one of my most hated teams in Scotland on account of how many scum-bags they have in their squad:

Esson

McAnn Innes Munro Shinnie (Gillet if fit)

Duff Morrison (Duncan if fit)

Hayes Odhiambo Ross

Sutherland

Here's my thinking:

CB - I'd drop Tokely because against a pacey attack, he is a total liability.

LB - Shinnie has had a torrid time now in his last two games, especially the Motherwell game where Humphrey tore him a new hole on several occasions. The sooner we get a fully fit Gillet back in the team, the better.

CDM - Although Morrison looked like he did an OK job against Aberdeen, he didn't boss the game like a defensive midfielder should. Though it genuinely pains me to say this, I think we miss Duncan in there.

LM - Drop Foran and move Ross out to this position allowing Odhiambo back into the team. Foran may well have created Granty's goal tonight but he is far from his best and something needs done about that.

CF - Drop Rooney, he's not been at the races for the last few games and he made some appalling decisions in tonights game. Sutherland, I feel will be more suited to taking on long balls that are aimed at him from our defence and bring the supporting cast attacking from midfield into the play more.

I agree with some of what you're saying, but there's some truth in the cliche that teams make their own luck. Rooney did make a few bad decisions last night, but he also worked his backside off again, and his ability to hold the ball up helps us to defend from the front. It would be worth TB having a word with him to make sure he isn't too selfish when he has better options available, but I wouldn't drop him. Same applies to Foran: he might not be at his best just now, but his experience and intelligence on the park are important parts of the team's success just now, imo, and he adds the option of us being able to play high balls to the back post at set pieces for him to knock down for the strikers. Like you, I'd have Duncan and Gillet in my first-choice line-up, despite Shinnie having done pretty well since he's come in, but I'm not sure either will be fit for Saturday

• Agree 1

esson

mccann rosco munro shinnie

cox duff

hayes foran ross

rooney

subs- tuffey sanchez mcbain odi cox morrison shane

dont think duncan will be fit but the bench id very strong now with morrison getting 90 minutes yesterday and shane looking good on saturday the attacking options are brilliant defensive options from the bench arnt so good but our centre backs are made from steel so it doesnt matter

I'd keep Foran in for his experience, even though he is not at his best right now. At least he worked hard for our winning goal on Tuesday.

The sooner Duncun and Gilet are back the better. For me we always seem to play better as a team when Duncan is in.

And Shinnie I fear is not really ready at left back. I thought he was out of position far too much on Tuesday giving the Dons winger far too much room.

The rest more or less picks itself.

esson

duff tokely munro shinnie

cox ross

hayes odi foran

rooney

subs: tuffey, mccann, morrison, mcbain, golly, sanchez, sutherland

think duff is a better right back than mccann at the moment so i'd have him back there. and get foran back to where he played so well last year. and he can maybe help shinnie out a little with hasselbank. thought ross played really well in the middle so get him in there with cox for a bit of muscle. maybe even morrison in the middle instead of cox.

does anyone know where ross and morrison played in the youth team? how does it correspond to now?