FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gary Mackay-Steven

kencar

I see he's signed for Airdrie

Will be interesting to see how he gets on

So we weren't a good enough club for him yet Airdrie were. Oh well, see how he does at part time level. He may work his way up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the most talented footballers I've seen. Great left foot.

A real shame we didn't get the chance to see him here.

It can only be injuries, that have held him back. Am I right in saying his trial game with us saw him pick up an injury early on ?

• Agree 1

I think so. I remember him playing in the game against Clachnacuddin in the first half and he really was excellent. Looked a real cut above the rest. IIRC he was also due to play for ICT against Forres but got injured in the pre-match warm up. A shame really as he could of been a top class player if he wasn't always injured.

• 3 months later...

I think when we did reject the opportunity to sign him he was in need of 1st team football at a lower level to get back in the flow of things after having been in reserves and having so many little niggles etc. He was not ready for the SPL at that point.

However having proven himself and his fitness, his quality was bound to attract interest and thus an opportunity was missed.

Good luck to the lad!

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dundee Utd finished the game with 10 men as they had used all their subs and Mackay-Steven got injured and had to go off. Injuries seem to be story of his career - poor lad.