FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

500k seems very reasonable to me...

Niculae went for the same, but had international experience. And lets be honest, he didnt have that much of an impact on our squad. Good player to watch, but surprised he went for so much.

Rooney on the other hand is yet to reach his peak, has scored in over 45% of his appearences, and would certainly be missed should he leave.

Goodwillie is est at 1.5 million - I'd have rooney over goodwillie any day of the week.

There's no doubt way more comparisons to make, but i certainly think 400-500k is the lowest we should be seeking. I would, however, prefer he stayed and outscored dennis, and beat rossco's appearences. THEN he really would be a true legend

• Disagree 2

I think we'd rather Rooney went now and get money for him than leave it until the end of the season and get nothing for him! He will be sorely missed but we just have to pick ourselfs up and get on with it and remeber all he did for the club. No player is irraplaceable!

Good Luck To Rooney And Thank You! :clapping:

Edited by MissICT

If he's going it had better be for more than peanuts minus Stokes share otherwise with the goals we'll miss out on he's as well going for nowt in the summer.

Edit. I see stv are saying three clubs have now registered interest, two foreign and one Scottish .

Get the price hiked right up please

Edited by TSTtiger
  • Disagree 1

If he leaves now we at least get money for him and i'm sure we're almost guarenteed to stay up this season even without his assistance. Job done.

Yeah but job well done would be to keep him a bit longer or

Get a decent fee , not a fraction of his actual value

It was bound too happen sooner or later, if he is away then good luck to him. He has been a fabulous player for us and will be sorely missed. Leigh Griffiths anyone?

For a player with about 5 months left on his current deal?

What would you describe as a decent fee for Rooney considering the circumstances? I think we'd do well to get ?200k for him sadly.

For a player with about 5 months left on his current deal?

What would you describe as a decent fee for Rooney

considering the circumstances? I think we'd do well to get ?200k for him sadly.

Something that will compensate enough to go some way Towards a replacement.

a couple of hundred grand minus stoke citys cut isn't really that good if he can chip in another 12 or so goals and make the difference to give us a good league finish or even a good run in the cup.

Hang on to him unless it's really worth our while.

That said it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest to see him go for the sort of money your talking.

Edited by TSTtiger

players will come and go and we just got to adapt! Dani boy and Shane upfront on sat?

If Rooney leaves we really will need to replace him with someone.

aye. I said Saturday! obviously we need a striker to replace Rooney!

players will come and go and we just got to adapt! Dani boy and Shane upfront on sat?

If Rooney leaves we really will need to replace him with someone.

aye. I said Saturday! obviously we need a striker to replace Rooney!

Barrowloads?

Suppose it depends how big his wages will be and how much the six figure fee is. I think it will be a bad move all round, bad for Caley and bad for Rooney who will be going into obscurity. He will be fogotten, but money talks and agents like to move players on so they get their cut. He would be better off, staying put for a couple of seasons, playing first team football and then maybe get a move to the English premier league.

...from that Russian team http://www.skysports...6648753,00.html

Would be surprised if he went there tbh but there are supposedly other teams sniffing about including Hibs, Reading and West Brom who I would say he is more likely to go to.

• Agree 1

This has got to be one of the worst attempts by an agent trying to manufacture a move that I can remember . Rooney playing in the top flight in Russia :rotflmao:

Not a bad attempt at all seeing as they have now made an official bid for him to play in Russia's top flight.

• Agree 2