FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

Just because people are showing interest does not automatically mean the lad is for the off.

However, if he is intent on moving on, then the club need to weigh up what they might make for him now against what value he adds to the team over the remainder of the season. Unless Butcher is confident he can replace Rooney for less than what we would get from letting him go now, then I'd be looking for the club to hold on to his services until the end of the season. A deal that only puts ?50k or ?60k in our pockets could end up costing us in terms of league places if we can't replace him with someone who has a similar goal to games ratio....and even losing one league place as a result would mean it was a negative financial outcome.

Regardless of all of the above, what I do hope we can avoid is a situation where it's strung out till the end of January. Far too much of a distraction and if he was to move on, then Butcher needs more than a couple of days to find a replacement in what would be, by then, a depleted market. We either need to tell his agent that we want him till the end of the season or put a minimum price and time limit on the table for offers to take him now. Something along the lines of "If we get an offer of ?250k before 15th January then we'll talk, if not then he's here till the summer. Beyond that date and the price starts to go up"

If all the clubs who are alleged to be interested are really serious, then the ball is very much in our court. They're not going to lose out to the opposition for the sake of a couple of hundred thousand and if we're going to have a bidding war, then having a time scale will focus the minds and get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

post-3-0-13132000-1294304216_thumb.jpg

• Agree 1

Unless he's desperate to get away, (and I don't believe that is the case) he could do himself and the club a huge favour by signing the contract currently on offer.

At the end of the season the club (and Adam) could indicate that they are open to offers. Under these circumstances I would expect the club would be looking for offers well in excess of of 500k.

Unless he's desperate to get away, (and I don't believe that is the case) he could do himself and the club a huge favour by signing the contract currently on offer.

At the end of the season the club (and Adam) could indicate that they are open to offers. Under these circumstances I would expect the club would be looking for offers well in excess of of 500k.

League 1 in England's where he'll end up IMHO and probably for nearer ?50k than ?500k .

You probably are, a proven goalscorer is valuable to any club, even if Rooney's form was only good in the First Division that is still a pretty good level. Therefore ?100,000 for a striker like him would be an utter steal.

Ah, but how much of a proven goalscorer is he without Hayes and Foran around him? He's very much part of a very effective three man attack for ICT, but with a piece missing, in particular Johnny Hayes, how good is he?

Edited by Renegade

Ah, but how much of a proven goalscorer is he without Hayes and Foran around him? He's very much part of a very effective three man attack for ICT, but with a piece missing, in particular Johnny Hayes, how good is he?

He might do ok with the likes of Scott Brown, Sung Yueng or McCourt around him...

Edited by Johnboy

I'm sure he very well could do, as he's excellent inside the box, outside not so much and that's why he needs players of a certain mould, but not both the same, to compliment the aspects of his game.

I'm sure he very well could do, as he's excellent inside the box, outside not so much and that's why he needs players of a certain mould, but not both the same, to compliment the aspects of his game.

I wouldn't say he is the greatest striker outside the box but he has improved that area of his game alot. He comes deep sometimes and holds it up very well thus allowing other players to join the attack, i can recall a few times seeing him doing this which has led to a goal.

Edited by ajsict92

Rooney is a big, strong boy and can barge his way through and round players at a fast rate of knots. He is dangerous.

But his goal talley would not look quite so impressive if the penalties were taken off. Not to say that it is a sin to take penalties since he usually scores and usually with a brammer of a shot, so I suppose he should get the coal tally credit so long as he can keep putting them away.

If the Russians are offering 10K a week then that is an incredible amount of money, especially in Russia where the going can be really physicslly tough snd ..well.. jealousy amongst other players in other teams , etc, may play a part in his diminishing performance. I think Adam would ne be better to consider a good offer in England or just sign the ICT offer and spend another year in Inverness developing his skill and reputation further. :bouncyred:

Butcher said: "The boys have been calling him Oleg and comrade, he's been getting pelters." :biggrin:

"There's nothing in that and still nothing in that. That's actually created a bit of fun in the dressing room and that's all it is, a piece of nonsense as far as we're concerned."

"We have had no contact from anyone about any of my players. It's still early in the transfer window, I think the bulk of the business will be done towards the end."

Butcher on Sky

Really hope he stays but wouldn't be surprised if he was to leave as he has been playing so well. Can't see him going to russia though as its not worked for o'conner or mcgeady. Think he is more likely to go to a hearts/hibs/dundee utd sort of team or a team in the championship. Hope we can keep most of our players that are out of contract in the summer.

How's it not worked out for McGeady?

This has got to be one of the worst attempts by an agent trying to manufacture a move that I can remember . Rooney playing in the top flight in Russia :rotflmao:

Russian football has crazy amounts of money swilling about in it at the moment though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/01/02/adam-rooney-i-ll-put-family-ahead-of-agents-when-i-decide-where-my-future-lies-86908-22821776/

This came out before the St. Johnstone game, nice wee article. He says: "I certainly believe I'm going to be at Inverness until the end of the season - I don't see that changing." Sounds good.

Colchester united have been showing an interest in him, I've had an email from my friend down that way asking what he's like n is it the same one out of contract this season.

This is ridiculous. He should be commanding at least ?500k. If/when he moves on, it should be to a top end Championship team/lower end Prem team. Someone like Wigan, Blackburn or QPR would probably be willing to pay upwards of ?750k for him. Why should we accept such a paltry, insulting offer from some Russian nobodies? I'd rather let him go for nothing in the summer than accept such a pitiful amount for one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football. He'll go to Russia and be forgotten. It's bad enough these Russians even had the nerve to make an offer, let alone for such a disgracefully low sum. I was in a good mood today but I'm f***ing p***ed off now!

:swear: :swear: :swear:

• Disagree 2