FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

Suppose it depends how big his wages will be and how much the six figure fee is. I think it will be a bad move all round, bad for Caley and bad for Rooney who will be going into obscurity. He will be fogotten, but money talks and agents like to move players on so they get their cut. He would be better off, staying put for a couple of seasons, playing first team football and then maybe get a move to the English premier league.

100k according to the P&J

Totally agree that this is very likely to be a bad move all round - He'd be much better advised to stay put for at least one more season, then have another look at his options.

This has got to be one of the worst attempts by an agent trying to manufacture a move that I can remember . Rooney playing in the top flight in Russia :rotflmao:

Not a bad attempt at all seeing as they have now made an official bid for him to play in Russia's top flight.

I've yet to see an official statement from ICT or the Russians regarding this . The only quote I've read has been from Terry Butcher rubbishing the claims .

Lot of dreamers expecting 500k lol, Rangers look to be lucky to get near that for Kenny Miller and he's got International experienece (not saying that makes him good btw)

My personal view is that if we are getting 50-100k for him, minus the Stoke 40%, then its not worth letting him go. He may want to leave now, but has a legal contract so will have to stay to the summer, I'd keep him in the hope he scores a few goals and gets us a cup run and as high in the SPL and thus prize money as possible. Possibly between the 2 competitions we could get the 30-60k in prize money to cover what we would loose out on by not selling - plus it gives us til the summer to start scouting replacements. Wouldnt want to sell for a pittence, then struggle for goals over the next few months and drop away in the competitions. Doesnt matter if its Russia, Turkey, Englandshire or SPL we dont have to let him leave right now, he can sign his pre-contract and get on with playing.

• Agree 3

If we are only getting ?100,000 for him then we should keep him till the summer, if Stoke are taking a percentage of that then it is not worth it. We may as well keep Rooney and his goals can get us top 6 or higher and a decent cup run where we will make more off gate recipts, TV rights and prize money. I beg the club to see the bigger picture.

• Agree 2

If this is the same Krasnodar I regularly visited when working in Southern Russia then AR should think very long and very hard about it. It's a wasteland populated with alcoholics and local mafia thugs. The football is brutal, AR would be knocked about like a rag doll and spend more time on the treatment table when he wasn't trying to fend off the approaches of local 'businessmen'. I hope he has an ambition to live a complete hermit's life for the duration of his contract because he'll find there is nothing remotely entertaining or distracting save the discoteks that make Elgin nightspots circa 1971 (cite. IHE match preview) seem like the millionaire's club at the Copacabana.

Adam, I wish you well in whatever move you make. But think about it hard my lad.

• Agree 1

I can't get the link to the P&J story I pasted at the top of this page to work now....

For what it's worth, this was the story :

Quote :

Russians in ?100,000 bid for Rooney

INVERNESS ATTACKER IS A WANTED MAN

Published: 11/01/2011

RUSSIAN club Kuban Krasnodar have made a ?100,000 offer for Caley Thistle attacker Adam Rooney.

The Press and Journal reported last week the Russians had made their approach for the free-scoring 22-year-old, a claim manager Terry Butcher swiftly rebuffed.

Butcher labelled it as nonsense but a bid has now been lodged with the Scottish Premier League side. Caley Thistle are now pondering the six- figure sum for their leading scorer, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Rooney is believed to be interested in a Russian switch to follow in the footsteps of Aiden McGeady and Garry O?Connor by playing in the country.

The former Ireland under-21 international, who has scored 14 times this season, is out of contract in the summer and free to talk to interested clubs. Newly-promoted Kuban Krasnodar ? managed by former Chelsea player Dan Petrescu ? want Rooney to lead their attack when their campaign begins in March.

Rooney is on the radar of several clubs in Scotland and England, including League 1 club Huddersfield, while Swiss side Young Boys of Berne are also interested.

The former Stoke City trainee has scored 11 times in the league and twice in the League Cup, having netted 26 times to help propel Caley Jags to the First Division title last season.

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2084623#ixzz1AjYTLHTW

Seems to be more mystery around this move than Kenny Millers.

Well teh biggest mystery with that one is the fact anyone thinks he's good enough for Serie A - we can all understand Birmingham, afterall they are chasing Charlie Adam too - Big Eck is going for some sort of Castle Greyskull reunion

I think Adam will be the next Wyness. This club has been good for him but we had to put a lot of time into developing him to get some rewards.

Obviously I wish him well but I fear he'll be back to square one when he leaves. On top of that, although there's a lot to his game, I don't think he's a natural finisher.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I hope that whatever he decides, he decides it based on good advice .....

As fans of ICT we are biased and would love him to stay at ICT for his whole career (if he can keep banging the goals in) and then as he is getting a bit long in the tooth we would be saying its time to get rid .....

Others - agents, other clubs perhaps, will be saying to him the grass is greener and he has to move when he is young, maximise his potential and earnings and as a by-product earn them a bit of money.

Here's hoping he has some sensible folk around him, family members, trusted friends etc who will tell him to decide what is best for him, when it is best for him.

Personally, I would like to see him sign on at ICT for another 1-2 years, continue developing under TB and alongside the likes of Foran and Hayes and then, with his reputation enhanced opt for a decent money move to a side in England.

Whatever he does, I will wish him well, he was a big part of our bouncebackability campaign and gets two thumbs up for that alone !