FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

Going by this article, I wouldn't be surprised to see him knock back the Russians after what happened to Garry O'Conner. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see him offski but for him, that could be the greatest mistake he could make.

Russian football appears to be awash with money at the moment. It will be a shame if he goes. It feels like he's been with ICT for a long time and we've only really seen him come on in the past season.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

The Scotsman article seems to reflect the fact that he has very strong support from his family. Hid Dad flies over from Dublin for almost every game and he appeared to have Adam's mum in tow at Perth. I would suspect that they're more than smart enough to realise that the Russian move wouldn't be in Adam's best interest at this point in his career.

Young Boys of Berne would be an interesting move for him but I suspect a host of Championship clubs will be sniffing about this month.

I'll be sorry to see him depart but would suggest it's inevitable before much longer.

The Russian connection will just be to get the ball rolling and raise interest from other clubs down south, his agent probably organised it this way.

Sorry to see Adam leave (if he goes) but we need the dosh, and as Terry says we need to free players before we see new ones.

Cant see him going to russia, turkey or any other eastern eurpoean location. Championship maybe, also think that if Kenny Millar leaves Castle Greyskull then Rangers may come calling for Rooney or Salmon. While I'd like Adam to stay and get back on the scoring charts, perhaps we have to accept that if he still hasnt signed a contract he is wanting to see what is on offer, in which case then we have to accept a decent offer that comes in, but at ?100k I'd rather keep him and hope we get as high up the SPL as possible and maybe a decent cup run where we can recoup more than that.

• Agree 1

If it is true that his previous club get 40% of the unspectacular sums that are being talked about then there's even less point selling him. Let him sign a PCA and leave in the summer, at which point there will be far more potential replacements on the market than there are just now.

• Agree 1

Going by this article, I wouldn't be surprised to see him knock back the Russians after what happened to Garry O'Conner. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see him offski but for him, that could be the greatest mistake he could make.

What happened to Garry O'Conner apart from making a shitload of money and getting a move to the EPL despite failing to score or even run very much? If i was advising Rooney i'd be telling him to take the Russian money while he can.

What happened to Garry O'Conner apart from making a shitload of money and getting a move to the EPL despite failing to score or even run very much? If i was advising Rooney i'd be telling him to take the Russian money while he can.

If I was advising him, I'd be telling him to concentrate on his football and see what's on offer in May. Tall of pre-contracts and transfers are distracting him from his job. The money will still be there for him come the end of the season.

His family hated it so left quite quick.

I think the club should look at the bigger picture and hold on to Rooney until at least the summer. Its a bit short sighted to sell our top goalscorer when we have a realistic chance of top 6 or higher and a decent cup run. All of which would mean higher gate recipts and TV and Prize money. I will be very upset to see him go.

Really hope he stays but wouldn't be surprised if he was to leave as he has been playing so well. Can't see him going to russia though as its not worked for o'conner or mcgeady. Think he is more likely to go to a hearts/hibs/dundee utd sort of team or a team in the championship. Hope we can keep most of our players that are out of contract in the summer.

It is unrealistic for a club our size to hang on to our best players for ever. You can't blame the younger ones for wanting to move onwards and upwards. After all it is a short career and they need to maximise their earnings while they can

I have been tremendously encouraged over the years after losing 'star' players (Robson, Brown, Rankin, Black, Cowie etc) by the way we have overcome it and sometimes replaced them eventually with better players (Esson for Brown, Hayes for Cowie as examples).

I just wish our Board would be a bit more bullish in the fees they negotiate for our top players who leave. Other clubs seem to be able to command huge fees for very average players, while we seem to get relative peanuts.

So Board, show me you can do it and don't accept less than 500K for Rooney if he has to go.

• Disagree 1