Don's Tactics

Harry Chibber

Fancy something different... 3-4-3

Broonie

Rossco    Dods    Munro

Wilson    Duncan    McBain    Rankin

Wyness

Dargo    Bayne

Aberdeen are on the back of some excellent results but IMO Anderson is their only good defender so if we have a go we are more than capable of getting 3 points.... if we sit back they have the likes of Severin, Nicholson, Smith, Miller & Mackie in their team to run riot

Agree with you there Harry, we cant sit back and let them come at us because they have dangerous players who can cause us problems, got to attack from the whistle. Not sure if i'd go as full out as a 3-4-3 but would maybe swap McBain for Hart to give us a slightly more attacking impetus. Need to get Rankin further forward in my opinion as thats where he's most dangerous and with Duncan in the team i think that can happen. How about:

Brown

Rossco  Dods    Munro  Hastings

Duncan

Hart                      Wilson

Rankin

Dargo      Bayne

On the back of a 7 unbeaten run, I don't see why we should change anything other than for suspensions or injuries. I'm sure CC would see it this way too.

We scraped past Dunfermline with a late minute winner, we had to come back from 2-0 down to win against Falkirk & the 2nd half "performance" against st mirren wasn't exactly flowing football.  I think Wilson & Charlie have both been quoted saying that the performance against St Mirren was not good enough and I'm sure CC would have noticed we weren't in the game against Falkirk until he made the changes.  Charlie is in an ideal situation at the moment, in that he has got us enough points away from the bottom of the table that we can actually have a go at a team for a change and even if we did lose because of him trying something different it would be forgiven by the fans because at least he is trying to bring the game to another team for a change.... I think this is the first time in a long while we are in the position where there is no real pressure and we can try and play attacking football for a change

saying all that I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-4-2 again  :016:

Why should we change what's serving us so well at the moment? We have all these posters on here praising the team (and rightly so) yet they want to try out all sorts of bizarre formations that should be kept for playing FM 2007  :015:

4 - 4 - 2 to start with - you know it makes sense. Then, if like against Falkirk we are struggling, then we can look to change  :003:

Agree with you there Harry, we cant sit back and let them come at us because they have dangerous players who can cause us problems, got to attack from the whistle. Not sure if i'd go as full out as a 3-4-3 but would maybe swap McBain for Hart to give us a slightly more attacking impetus. Need to get Rankin further forward in my opinion as thats where he's most dangerous and with Duncan in the team i think that can happen. How about:

Brown

Rossco   Dods    Munro   Hastings

Duncan

Rankin

Dargo       Bayne

this is what i play in fm06  :014: hey just sayin like :015:

4-4-2 of course but we must change the midfield which was walked over on Saturday, with Duncan dropping out for Hart and McBain moving inside:

WILSON  -  HART  -  MCBAIN  -  RANKIN

Tempting as it is to call for the return of Dennis, Bayne deserves to start once again.

saw the thread title and thought CaleyD was up to something  :015: :015:

I like Chibber's 3-4-3, very daring even if it is highly unlikely that CC will go for it !!! If he did, I would pick Hart in place of Duncan. Based on recent performances, Richie is playing better.

However, I think we will line up in a familiar fashion .....

Brown

Tokely  Dods  Munro  Hastings

Wilson  Hart  Rankin  McBain

Dargo  Bayne

I would like to see Zander get a run-out as he seems to be a very exciting player and perhaps Denzil might also get an opportunity at some stage.

I'd go:

Brown

Dods    Caff    Munro

Tokely    Wilson    Hart    Rankin    Hastings

Bayne

Dargo

Tokely and Hastings well capable of dropping back if needed but also in a position to get into the corners. Watching the game last night I thought Hibs best chances came when they used the full width of the pitch.

Well i for one would like to see us quit the 'long ball to Bayne and see what happens' stuff, after all its does not produce many goals.

The way to beat the Dons will be the passing game to the front, we should start with Denzil on, and see what that brings.

Brown

Caff Dods Munro Hastings

Wilson Hart Rankin McBain

Wyness Dargo

Drop Duncan, he was pish on Saturday. Tokely hasn't been at his best for a while, and he was awful as well on Sat.

Bayne?? He's done well, but I think with Wyness/Dargo up front we play better, more varied football.

Brown

Rossco  Dods    Munro  Hastings

Duncan

Rankin

Dargo      Bayne

this is what i play in fm06  :014: hey just sayin like :015:

Ha ha, despite the look of that formation i posted i did actually mean us playing a 4-4-2 but i merely put Duncan further back and Rankin further forward to emphasize their defensive and attacking roles respectively. So the 4-1-2-1-2 formation was not intended to be that way.  :015:

No matter what happens i'd like to see Richie back in the team and possibly Wyness to freshen things up a bit.

Dont know if this was directed at me but:

Why should we change what's serving us so well at the moment? We have all these posters on here praising the team (and rightly so) yet they want to try out all sorts of bizarre formations that should be kept for playing FM 2007  :015:

4 - 4 - 2 to start with - you know it makes sense. Then, if like against Falkirk we are struggling, then we can look to change  :003:

See above with regards to my proposed formation. I praise the team when its deserved and it has been deserved recently but theres always room for improvement and theres no harm in striving to improve now is there?

I could quote you on 3 or 4 different threads saying how the team aren't playing well but are picking up points.  It's only a matter of time before we are found out, especially at home when we have come up against Dunfermline & Falkirk who are 2 of the poorer sides in the divsion and have only scraped past them.  The team has obviously done well to get where we are at the moment but it's time for us to have a go at a team for once and properly break this home form curse.  That's why!!

I could quote you on 3 or 4 different threads saying how the team aren't playing well but are picking up points.

Exactly - so why change it? Likewise, you along with others have been very positive towards the teams eprformances and rightly so but the formation has to be changed? Doubt it.

It's only a matter of time before we are found out, especially at home when we have come up against Dunfermline & Falkirk who are 2 of the poorer sides in the divsion and have only scraped past them.

Is this a hint of boo boo coming out here Gary?  :016:

The team has obviously done well to get where we are at the moment but it's time for us to have a go at a team for once and properly break this home form curse.  That's why!!

And I totally agree but you know the best way to do it? Pass the **** ball and get rid of this long ball stuff. Mind times when we came up against Hibs - the best passing team in Scotland™ - and we have destroyed them? By out passing them and we did this with 4 - 4 - 2. That's what we do best when we play to our strengths. So lets do that!  :001:

I could quote you on 3 or 4 different threads saying how the team aren't playing well but are picking up points.

Exactly - so why change it? Likewise, you along with others have been very positive towards the teams eprformances and rightly so but the formation has to be changed? Doubt it.

It's only a matter of time before we are found out, especially at home when we have come up against Dunfermline & Falkirk who are 2 of the poorer sides in the divsion and have only scraped past them.

Is this a hint of boo boo coming out here Gary?  :016:

The team has obviously done well to get where we are at the moment but it's time for us to have a go at a team for once and properly break this home form curse.  That's why!!

And I totally agree but you know the best way to do it? Pass the **** ball and get rid of this long ball stuff. Mind times when we came up against Hibs - the best passing team in Scotland™ - and we have destroyed them? By out passing them and we did this with 4 - 4 - 2. That's what we do best when we play to our strengths. So lets do that!  :001:

I'm no boo boy nor happy clapper just say what I see and try to support the team when they need it!!

I can see what you are saying about the "don't broke don't fix" 4-4-2 but my point is I think it is broke and has been for a long while at home.  We have done well over the last few games but our away form has always been good but since Brewster was at the club 4-4-2 has not worked for us at home(especially against Aberdeen).  I can understand us trying to keep the game tight when we are struggling at the bottom of the league but when we are doing well why not have a real go????

The biggest problem we appear to have at Home is trying to play counter attack while at home - long balls and sitting in. Doesn't work when the opposition are doing the same thing most of the time - see Dunfermline, Falkirk and St. Mirren for examples.

That's what we need to change. Not the formation. Lets pass it, keep the ball and try and draw them out like what St. Mirren did to us on Saturday and we all saw how much they destroyed us in the 2nd half and were at times unlucky not to get a 2nd goal.

I am reliably informed that we are really going on the offensive fer this one:

BROWN

TOKELY DODS MUNRO HASTINGS

WILSON MCBAIN HART

RANKIN

WYNESS DARGO

I'd quite like to see that line up. With maybe Duncan on instead of McBain, and Bayne on instead of Wyness.

Brown

Rossco   Dods    Munro   Hastings

Duncan

Rankin

Dargo       Bayne

After much thought this is the line-up I'd like to see. Apologies to McBain but I think Richie

can give us something extra. With the absence of Blackie, I think Duncan must play in order

to give the midfield a bit of bite.