Here we go again - Tuffey or Esson

tm4tj

Ryan or Jonny  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who should play in goals for the Celtic Cup tie

We have done this before, but this is an important one, who is in the sticks for this game, Celtic.

And why.

For me it's Esson, sorry Jonny, but he is our number one.

The only reason I can see that Jonny would play is that they possibly have an agreement with the manager for cup games to keep him sweet.

Glad I'm not the one having to make the call for this. Every "fair play" bone in my body says Tuffey should be allowed to continue his cup success, but it's hard to see beyond the fact that Esson has been performing week in week out and would be the safer/sensible option.

Agree with Caley D head says Esson fair play gene says Tuffey. I suspect it may be JT as I think it may have been agreed that he would get the cup games. Well we will find out soon - interesting one.

Edited by old caley girl

Agree with whats already been said. My head says Esson but i suspect TB will go with Tuffey. Whoever it is, we are very lucky to have two excellent keepers at the club and i wouldn't hesitate or worry about either of them playing tonight. I think the defence will be Duff - Tokely - Hogg - Munro.

Esson.

I thought JT actually did well in the previous cup game against the green mob this season but Esson it is for me.

I hope that's sarcasm. 6 goals without reply?

Did you expect Tuffey to score?! :lol:

No, I thought Tuffey did do well in that game. Were you there PMF? Even if Esson had been playing we would have lost heavily. I do recall Tuffey pulling off some great saves in that game hence my statement above. I'd pick Esson over Tuffey for tonight as I think he commands the defence more vocally than Tuffey. The defence will need to be sharp tonight.

Got to be Esson. Tuffey is capable of pulling off some great saves, he did against Scotland but he still let in 3.

Esson is more consistent and we may be faced with plenty of shots on goal so need to be able to deal with them all.

Tuffey's defo one for the future.

ESSON v ceptic.

Too bad for Tuffey, he knew the rules when he joined us.

He would have made no difference to the result, Ryan did well again with one save in particular out of the top drawer.

Too bad for Tuffey, he knew the rules when he joined us.

He would have made no difference to the result, Ryan did well again with one save in particular out of the top drawer.

What are the rules ? I thought there was an agreement that Tuffey got cup games .