FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will he stay? Will he go

Alex MacLeod

Will he stay? Will he go?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adam Rooney stay?

He has an almost guaranteed place with ICT and i believe his families opinion weighs more than his agents

hes enjoying his game, he loves the club and the area. Its a matter of money really so hopefully Butcher can offer him an increased contract.. He wont pull a "Marius" so pay him what he's worth!

• Agree 1

I think he will give us one more season as loyalty to Terry and the club that gave him a platform to be seen. Also to be a key player in the new look younger team for new season.

C,mon Adam you know it makes sense!.

I said yes, i hope yes.

He has maybe not been attracting the same sort of interest in the second half of this season as he was by January.

Another season with us to let him grow as a player and prove that he is top quality then he will get the move he really wants and hopefully the club will receive a nice sum for him if he's tied down for a couple of seasons though i doubt he'll sign for more than a year.

You know it makes sense.

I say yes.

He needs to prove his quality for a second season in top flight. I think he will sign for next season and maybe leave next January.

I think no unfortunately as we just can't compete with the wages that are offered down south, but you can never know i hope he will stay for another season as i think it will be very difficult to find a striker anywhere near his quality on our budget.

I think no unfortunately as we just can't compete with the wages that are offered down south, but you can never know i hope he will stay for another season as i think it will be very difficult to find a striker anywhere near his quality on our budget.

Getting picked up by a bigger team at better money wouldn't practically guarantee him a regular game as it does here. As there is no fence-sitter option on the poll, I haven't voted.......but I'm of the opinion that another year of pretty well guaranteed appearances if he is fit, at his age, can only improve his game....and help him make a real impact on a bigger stage when he moves on.

(Never really understood the obsession youngsters have to get into the big money when that very often means not getting a regular game..and often not even bench-warming. Hope too many of our U-19s don't feel like that.)

I can really see him ending up at Hearts. They have no regular goalscorer these days, so he'd fit the bill just nicely. Hope he doesn't but I think, despite what's been said about family, he'd have signed, or heavily indicated, by now. This way, he still has the fans on his side.

I honetsly believe if he was going to stay he would have signed by now - in every walk of life in the current economic time everyone wants to know what work they have a like to plan ahead and get security, by the fact he is out of contract and has had offers from us which would have extended his stay and given that security which havent been signed indicates he has other plans or options elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong but sadly I think Sat will be the last we see of AR in an ICT shirt :(

From the impression i've being given he certainly won't be moving on for the money but it would be to enhance his career.

My gut feeling is we'll see one more season of him in an ICT shirt

My understanding is that Adam Rooney is waiting to speak with his family

In this modern age of telecommunications etc, that shouldn't take long, should it?

With some players, that explanation would simply be a stalling tactic and a euphamism for "I can't give you an answer yet because my agent is frantically trying to get other offers onto the table for me". Not that I would blame him for doing that if that was the case.

He seems a pretty straight guy whose top priority might be football rather than money so I haven't given up hope that he stays. In fact, perhaps the situation is that he has got better offers financially, and has one of those heart v head dilemmas.

I thought we were fortunate to keep hold of him last summer, and again in January, so anything else is a real bonus.

hes enjoying his game, he loves the club and the area.

That is true! I think he MaY be one of the rare players that appreciates theres more to life than money alone. Its not likely tht he is gonna be snapped up by a team thats going to be competing for honours next season, so i HOPE he realises that the way of life up here is worth more than a few extra quid in his pocket.

I certainly hope he'll stay. Yes, the grass isn't always greener as young Mr Rankin has perhaps found out.

Rankin was forced out...

just heard today that letters have been sent to all remaining players that they will be on less money next season than at present.

he is definately on his way.

also tuffey has been told by northern ireland if he is to be included in any future squads he needs to be playing first team football.

think he will be hitching a ride with adam

just heard today that letters have been sent to all remaining players that they will be on less money next season than at present.

he is definately on his way.

also tuffey has been told by northern ireland if he is to be included in any future squads he needs to be playing first team football.

think he will be hitching a ride with adam

source???

• Agree 1

Adam will have been,or very shortly will be, offered a contract and a wage that he will be unable to turn down.

The duration of the contract will not be for more than a year or two years but accepting it and leaving ICT will strengthen his financial position greatly.

Wish him well. He deserves it.

My fear is...... where will ICT get a player of his developing calibre to quickly replace him. No doubt terry and Mo have something up their sleeve.

Time will .......TEL. :smile:

He certainly has found a club with a style of play that compliments his technical ability, I can also see an even better service of ball coming from our players next season with plenty of goals coming from all over the park so no pressure on him to win games.I think he would have another happy season with us and the way he is playing, I can predict us Caley fans supporting an extra country for Euro 2012 as Rooney bangs them in. I cant see that happening if hes sitting on a bench or is lured to an underperforming club with the hope that he can win games on his own.

I think 1 more season for us will do his confidence and self belief the world of good and make him a stronger and better player when he moves on to a higher level, where the competition for excellence is a lot more fierce

Out of all of our players who have left for bigger clubs (excluding Marius as he was a high earner already) only Don Cowie and Barry Robson have maintained their level, If Adam moves on then I wish him all the best, none of us know what the future will bring so I hope he makes the wisest choices that will bring him the most success over his whole career and not just one season.

Sportscene last night reporting Derby and Reading interested in Adam. Derby probably more realistic, especially as Reading have the likes of Shane Long and Noel hunt leading the line. Premiership football is also a possibility for them, so Derby would probably be where to go for first team football.

But... PLEASE STAY ADAM!