FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team and Roll call for Hibs

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I am going to this game with 2 others :bouncyred::bouncyred:.

My team on the basis that no new signings are made before Sat:

Esson

Piermayr, Aldred, Tokely, Gillet

Tansey, Ross

Doran, Tade, Hayes

Foran

Bench: Tuffey, Proctor, G.Shinnie, Morrison, A.Shinnie, Sutherland and McKay .

Esson

Piermayr - Aldred - Tokely - Gillet

Proctor

Hayes - Tansey - Ross

Foran

Tade

Subs: Tuffey, G.Shinnie, Morrison, A.Shinnie, Sutherland, Doran, McKay

We desperately need a defensive mid, so Proctor's going in there to hold the fort. Tansey slightly further forward, spraying the passes around, Hayes getting forward as much as he can. Foran playing behind Tade, whose job will be to score goals with his pace and bulk. Nothing else.

Well I will be up in Sneck fer the weekend and be able to look at home and way perofrmances fer the first time in a long time.

As fer the team this is how I would play it but I doubt whether Terry and Mo will because if they are going to stick with the principles and the system - which I fear that they have to - then the only "potential" change from the team yesterday would be at right back:

ESSON

PIERMYR - THOMAS THE TANK - ROSSCOE - GILLET

DORAN - TANSEY - ROSS - FORAN - HAYES

TADE

Esson

Piermayr Tokely Aldred Gillet

Ross A.Shinnie Tansey

Tade Foran Hayes

Subs - Tuffey, Proctor, Morrison, Doran, G.Shinnie, Sutherland, Greig

An attacking 4-3-3 for me. Desperately need in a strong Duncan-esque defensive midfielder though.

Esson

Piermayr, Tokely, Aldred, Gillet

Tansey, A. Shinnie

Hayes, Ross, Doran

Foran

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, G. Shinnie, Morrison, Greig, Tade, Sutherland

Well I will be up in Sneck fer the weekend and be able to look at home and way perofrmances fer the first time in a long time.

As fer the team this is how I would play it but I doubt whether Terry and Mo will because if they are going to stick with the principles and the system - which I fear that they have to - then the only "potential" change from the team yesterday would be at right back:

ESSON

PIERMYR - THOMAS THE TANK - ROSSCOE - GILLET

DORAN - TANSEY - ROSS - FORAN - HAYES

TADE

like the formation and players, think they seneaked past us a few times on the wing with the 4-2-3-1 against hibs before. but swap the wingers.

Ill be there, I heard about 5000 of us are coming.

esson

piermayr-tank-tokely-gillet

hayes-tansey-cox-doran

foran

tade

foran and tade need to strike a partnership too many time yesterday they both went to flick on and there was no one in behind

a.shinnie definatly has potential but isnt a right mid and nick ross will have to make way for cox if he is fit to add that extra steel in the midfeild

A defence first, counter-attacking 4-3-3:

Esson

Ross Tansey Morrison

Hayes Foran Doran

Nicky, Tansey and Morrison (until Cox is back) would have to stay narrow and disciplined to protect the back 4. The front 3 would also have defensive duties, especially Foran who would come deep whenever we lose possession. More of a stop gap until we sign a striker and a defence.

Edited by Caley Stan

Think I'll go for....

- Esson -

- Piermayr - Tokely - Aldred - Gillet -

- Proctor -

- Tansey - Ross -

- Hayes - - - Doran -

- Foran -

Subs: Tuffey; A. Shinnie. G. Shinnie, Tade, McKay, Morrison, Greig(or other best available youngster)

I think we need someone to protect the back four, in particular Tokely and Aldred, until they can develop into a good game partnership. Tansey and Ross can go about general midfield duties creating and so forth and we can rely on Doran (if fit) and Hayes getting the service to Foran. Should Doran no yet be available then play either Foran there or Greame Shinnie (for a little more defensive protection and the license to suppy the striker) Should Foran play wide left the start Tade up front on his todd but allow Foran to get in the box to support as well as either Tansey or Ross.

We do need another out and out striker, preferablly with a physical presence as to play up alone with supporting play from others.

I'll be over for this one - I see according to stats via Celtic Hibs were:

shots on target 0

shots off target 0

corners 0

Even with their poor record up north I suspect they may think that will have a better chance against our new defensive line-up whatever that turns out to be on Saturday. You do though suspect that Piermayr will have to be in there if he looks ok after being put through his paces in training this week.

My Team:

Esson

Ross Tansey

Hayes/Doran Foran Doran/Hayes

Tade

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, A.Shinnie, G.Shinnie, Sutherland, Morrison

I'll be there +1

Edited by WYNESS101

Esson

Piermayr Tokely Aldred G.Shinnie

morrison ross

hayes tansey doran

tade

subs: Tuffey, Foran, A.Shinnie, Gillet, Sutherland, Polworth, McKay

There are reasons in this one:

- piermayr has the hopes of the caley nation on his shoulders. as long as he can run and doesn't hoof everything into the air he is better than proc was last week

- ross looked lost on the right last week and when he was infield looked more comfortable. he can pick balls through to the forwards, a job i reckon he does much better than a.shinnie, and i reckon he made more tackles than some others last week.

- i don't actually know if morrison is a holding mid but its an option. if not proc.

- foran and tade were always doing the same thing, tade is more mobile so stays in. neither of them looked like they could finish last week tho.

- Tansey looks to be a good passer and has a great shot (from freekicks anyways) so get him further forward to make the telling balls or get in the box for the crosses from doran an hayes.

- doran and hayes are wingers, they know their job going forward. and come back and help out when needed. last weeks diamond didn't know that.

- no real reason for g.shinnie over gillet, both as good as each other i just chose shinnie today.

------------------Tuffey

Piermayr Tokely Aldred G.Shinnie

-------------A.Shinnie Ross

Hayes---------------------------Doran

------------Tade------Foran.

Tuffey because we didn't see that much of Esson pre season and I feel the competition for the keepers spot would heat up, they are both fantastic keepers we are blessed. Everyone else is in my opinion, oh n I'll be there.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Esson will start and quite rightly, Gillet will start as well, he has more experience and a far better ball player than shinnie.

I dont think starting with two wingers is very smart especially as our midfield is so lightweight at the moment, we need a bit more steel in the middle, Morrison might be the answer ( for the time being) with either Hayes or Doran wide but we could see Proc in the middle.

The squad is pretty thin in some area's and the team seem to be quite fragile at the moment, the key will be for us to be very tight at the back because Hibs will start the game on attack for sure.