FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs v ICT Official site report

Alex MacLeod

Accurate report.We werent bad at all today played some nice stuff at times.We need a new left-back though.

hope youre taking the p1ss mate, hastings is one of our best players, he has pace and takles harder than anybody.  most under rated player by a mile, team falls apart without him, macbain cant work the left hand side of the pitch when hes not there which lets the rest of the midfield slip.  with a decent left sided midfielder (where is morgan anyway?) itd easily become or best route to goal

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Have to agree with all you say on Hastings CH, a lot of his good work does go unnoticed and unreported, he may have a face like a seaside donkey for most of the game but he always puts in a good hard working shift. I know that some of the support hasn't forgiven him for his defection over the bridge.

As a BTW is he our only full internationalist with european experience??

Hastings was poor yesterday. He gets caught out of position too often and his clearances are diabolical. 

We need to strengthen in the left-back area and i hope Charlie does that after Christmas.

Hastings can go back to Dingwall, though i don't think he'll be doubling his wages this time.

Guest eriboll

I always think Hastings is totally under rated and he definately had a good game on Saturday.

Also quite amazed Dargo stayed on the pitch as -  if you lift your hands to anyone it's a red card,

but I was proud of him.

We were every bit as good as Hibs if not better but we never took our chances.

Hibs are a good team to watch though - any chance we could sign Scott Brown in January.

Some different views on Hastings on the go, My view is that he is a fair full back, defends ok but has some very weak area's to his cv:

He cannot head a ball in a challenge with his forehead, he always turns sideways/or tries to backhead the ball.

His forward distribution/passing is poor and does not get forward enought o support Mcbain down the left

He is one paced and turns like a double decker bus.

Saying all this makes me sound negative about him, which is fairly true as i would have a back to normal Golly in there, however Golly will struggle to get back into the team.

So in order to IMPROVE the team we could do with a good left back, and a right back to challenge Rossco, as he has no one looking over his shoulder.

I thought we saw the best of Hastings when Morgan was playing in front of him on the left a couple of times last season, the two of them worked the left as well as Rossco and Wilson worked the right so it may be McBain that is the issue on that one.  Also in the match v the Dons I thought Hastings did tremendously well going forward on a couple of occasions and I would even be tempted to try him out on the left if we had a better option at left back.

I must agree with Caley D as well.  Too often against H*bs and Aberdeen Roy was posted missing on the left flank allowing Whittaker to come strolling forward and set up chances.  Hastings is left to cope with two men bearing down on him a factor that led to Hart's cross for Aberdeen's equaliser last Monday.  Morgan would provide better cover and more skill to beat a few players going forward.  However, young Zander looks as if he could be a handful for the likes of Whittaker, forcing him to stay back and defend. 

I also thought Rankin was totally lost and apart from his last ditch on his own six yard line challenge to block a shot in the first half he contributed nothing to the game.  Glad to see him hooked at last but a bit too late in the day.   

Caley D and Kencar... spot on!  I think McBain is a cracking player in the centre of the park but he isn't direct enough as a winger and doesn't have the confidence when he gets the ball in a dangerous position.  Hastings suffers because he doesn't have a decent outlet on the left side, if you look at the right side where you have Rossco and Wilson who link extremely well.  Next game see how many oppertunities arise from the left side and you will notice we need a natural outlet on the left wing and someone with pace would be nice  :003:

Some pretty fair comments there guys, maybe we could do with Barry Robson back eh?

Hastings looked at fault last night again when the wide player got a cross in very easily leading up to their first goal, he also got turned by Brown near the half way and was left for dead, Brown then hit the top of the post with a good shot.

Last nights highlights flattered Hibs. But how many time did we see Hastings running back behind Whittaker as the Hibs full-back pushed forward. I agree that Roy must shoulder some of the blame for this, but where the **** does Hastings go when he gets caught out of position because he doesn't offer anything going forward.