FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Post-match thoughts

Dmacca

Haven't had much time to digest yet bout today but we all get involved on here for our team, October was great, November not so good points wise, theres lots to be debated and the rest...Hearts next what if we lose that....***** November?

But we still got our team lets be positive for next weekend....The highs & lows of footy!

I am a wee bit concerned that Black never got a start today, we are not getting goals since he's been away, 2 in the last 4 games, which has left us back in the bottom 6.

Dargs needs Wyness, they clicked last season dont see why it cant happen again, hope CC comes to his senses, Its the first time we havent scored against the tims for 5 games i think.

I believe the last time we failed to score against Celtic was at Parkhead in our first season, when we were beaten 3-0, and Barry Wilson missed a penalty.

Robbo had just left, and Charlie and The Doc were in charge...

Defo the best 40 mins I have seen all season , ball knocked about ,but we really have to take our chances. The second half never in it at all ,and was glad when final whistle went ,was fearing a bit of a tanking in the end.

Praise to Michael Fraser who had a right good game ,but as stated on another thread maybe time to ring the changes

My immediate post match thoughts were where can I get out of the feckin rain and guzzle a double voddie and coke.  :004:

However I thought that we played really well yesterday and 3-0 was not a true reflection of the game. McBain should have scored in the second minute and I cannot understand how Bayne did not get his head to the ball later on. I remarked to the PB's at how high a line our defence were keeping in the first half. They were practically 5-10 yards inside their own half and that gave the midfield more opportunities. It was the worst time possible to lose a goal and the heads did go down a bit after the second.

Fraser was a stand out and I am no longer fretting if Brown misses out. Tokely and Hastings stood firm. Dods had a real handful in Van Hesselink of Castlemilk whilst Munro showed that he does not have the play the ball skill factor as he regulary had time at the back and wasted it. Bazza was strangely subdued, Duncan was solid, Rankin is not an SPL matchmaker and McBain was ineffective. Once again Bayne worked like a Trojan and yet again frustrated Dargo with his lack of awareness.

At the moment we simply are not taking our chances. We had far more of the game, and chances, yesterday than we had at Castle Greyskull.

First back to back Away defeats in two years - is that correct?

Ah well, at least that wee *&^$£ Lennon didn't score!

First half we really held our own, gutting to lose a goal 2 mins before half time.

Fraser played well - final score was not a true reflection of his performance.

Well done lad!  Hellva game to be brought into the team for!

Guest PaulieBee

I thought we played some of our best football this season before Celtic scored their first. We played a high line moved the ball well and they certainly had to give us some respect.

The second half unfortunately, we never got going.

Credit to the lad Fraser, he did well.

We have played a lot worse and won games this season.

If we can just find our shooting boots then someone might just be on the receiving end of a very positive result.  Lets hope it comes on Saturday.