FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thinking the unthinkable

TopSix

If the wee team across the bridge do manage to win promotion, what impact would it have on ICTFC? Obviously we'd have the derby back which would be great. Would we ground share? Could ICTFC rent the stadium to them as Aberdeen did to us? Lots of questions and I'm interested to hear views on this - let's work on the assumption that both clubs will be in the SPL next season.

(Please don't twist this thread to a doom and gloom scenario of them being up and us being in the 1st next season.)

Working on the assumption that both teams will be in the SPL next season i think would be excellent. I really miss the derbies and an SPL derby against County could net some serious coinage for both sides with Sky Sports and ESPN sniffing about. Would hope we dont groundshare, couldnt be a**ed about the toll it would take on the pitch with Motherwell being a prime example.

The idea of us replacing them in the 1st division...now that is truely unthinkable.

Would be great IMO with the derby and all. Perhaps we'd lose a little in sponsorship/advertising? Overall tho it would be positive for footie in the Highlands, but most of all it would wind up the central belters who would have to travel up and that's a gift that just keeps giving.

I think financially it would be a good thing. Yes ICT may lose a bit of advertising, but 2 games with 6000+ crowds would more than make up for that. If Dunfermline go down, the 3000 crowd from their games will be doubled, gaining around ?60000 for each game v County. As well as saving the costs involved with travelling to Central belt twice a season.

It'd be great. Financially, who knows? You just got to do your best with the hand your given. Football-wise, it's fantastic. Although Celtic fans would love to see Rangers demoted, I'm sure really, they love playing them and would actually prefer them to be in the same division. Same with Ross County.

Working on the assumption that both teams will be in the SPL next season i think would be excellent. I really miss the derbies and an SPL derby against County could net some serious coinage for both sides with Sky Sports and ESPN sniffing about. Would hope we dont groundshare, couldnt be a**ed about the toll it would take on the pitch with Motherwell being a prime example.

The idea of us replacing them in the 1st division...now that is truely unthinkable.

Makes no difference being on tv. The payments from the tv deal are set, makes no difference how many times you are on tv over the season. It is only the cups, namely the Scottish Cup on Sky where you can get extra money from being on tv.