FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Calderwood Sacked

BA

I recollect reading an article a few weeks back that said that Central Coast Mariners boss Graham Arnold (who was also in the running for the St Johnstone job) had been lined up to replace Calderwood whenever he went. This was when the whole "will he go to Forest" saga was on-going. That would be an interesting choice.

Edited by Renegade

not un surprising

think they could do a lot worse than tango man....dont know if it will mean there may be any players up for grabs come jan though...hoping the new manager wants to build his own team and we can pick up a decent player at a bargin

Last interview I saw with him, he had no intention of ever returning full-time to Britain. Jimmy would be a good shout. Worked wonders with Aberdeen and Dunfermline. I'd be surprised if Billy Davies would consider it. I think his stock is higher than that.

Talking about Michael O'Niel from Shamrock Rovers, but considering the state of Scottish football financially I wouldnt be surprise if Hibs opt for someone who wont involve compensation so roll up the unemployed managers. Tango man seems a pretty good bet I think.

Yup. Was manager of New England Revs for quite a few years but got sacked at end of MLS season. Always thought he was a good manager.

I agree, he had a decent squad at one point with the revolution. Twellman, Dempsey, noonan, ralston, Joseph and dorman in midfield to attack was quite a team. Always fancied those players for ict.

Yup. Was manager of New England Revs for quite a few years but got sacked at end of MLS season. Always thought he was a good manager.
I agree, he had a decent squad at one point with the revolution. Twellman, Dempsey, noonan, ralston, Joseph and dorman in midfield to attack was quite a team. Always fancied those players for ict.

When TFC sacked the management team of Mo Johnston and Preki last year, many TFC fans were hoping that TFC's owners would look at Nicol for the top job. Instead they got Jurgen Klinsmann in as a consultant and eventually, his recommendation was to appoint Aron Winter as manager. I guess they didnt want to appoint another Scottish ginger :lol: They did however manage to pry Paul Mariner away from New England to act as one of Winter's assistants, and to advise him and Bob De Klerk on the inner workings of MLS - Salary Cap, Roster limitations, the various drafts etc.

Mariner was Nicol's right hand man and between them they built a solid team that competed for quite a number of years in MLS .... If you can handle all the player, salary and other (spending) rules that MLS throws at you, then you would easily be able to handle an SPL team with limited finances ! I would have like to see Nicol at TFC, but if someone in Scotland were preapred to give him a chance (and he were prepared to take it) then I think he would do pretty well.