FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Four Letter Word for Todays Game..................

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Guest Sandy Cromarty

DIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right feckin dire you lot, you all played the highest level of drivel today

Thank feck I'm not a season ticket holder.

That really was a poor performance by both teams.

Couldn't believe Dods got MotM to start with, then watched in disbelief as he made the tackle he did.  Was no need for it, the angle was tight and Brown was at the near post covering it.  I'd also like to know what was going through the minds of those who gave Dods a standing ovation as he left the field having just cost us the game - you'd have thought he had just scored the winning goal or something :017:

Unfortunately I am a season ticket holder...

Let's see, what problems were there today?  Our passing was poor, we were second to every 50-50 (and in one or two cases, pulled put of it), we couldn't hold the ball up top, we had no width, the final ball was constantly wasted, and when Charlie did change things it made zero difference.  We have no heart, no drive, no imagination.  Apart from that, we were fine...

Only Dods looked like he gave a **** about the result, and then he ruined his performance with a reckless tackle for the penalty.  People moaned about the ref, but I thought he should have shown Dods a straight red (tackle from behind and the last man) which would have earned him a longer suspension.  To cap it all, Motherwell were awful as well, and it's sickening that we lost to a side as bad as that.  

Not only that, but we were BORING.  AGAIN.  14 goals scored at Caley stadium in the league in 9 games - compared to the other teams, that makes our ground the dullest in terms of goals scored in the league.  Isn't that depressing?

To use the old cliche we were lucky to the get nil today  :008:

Spineless performance from us.

Out fought and out competed for most balls. Midfield posted missing in action. Plan A was too lump it up the park. Plan B - well there wasn't one. Dreadful dreadful passing. Wrong subs made by the manager but the players need to shoulder most of the blame

A side devoid of ideas and inspiration. Struggling to come up with 3 players I can vote for today  :007:

'****' I was thinking.

That was fecking awful. Motherwell were by far the worst team I've seen at home this season, but we were even worse.

Absolutely embarassing at times. And people complain about the crowds. If I'd taken anyone along to that today I couldn't imagine they'd ever want to come back for more.

At this rate we'll be back to the derbies next season.

And before all the optimists start......we've been pretty much gash all season, we've been lucky that a lot of other teams have been even worse. Unfortunately a lot of those teams are starting to pick up a bit.

And before all the optimists start......we've been pretty much gash all season, we've been lucky that a lot of other teams have been even worse. Unfortunately a lot of those teams are starting to pick up a bit.

I'm afraid I have to agree. The Home supporter has been treated to VERY poor displays this season, apart from the last 20 minutes against Falkirk. We aren't playing well at home and we seem if anything to be getting worse.

I had to laugh at the tannoy announcer trying to plug 1/2 season tickets at the end of the match. Who want to buy one after seeing todays game???

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

It certainly was dire, but we shouldn't over-react. Aye we're having a dip of form at the minute, but nobodies playing us off the park. All the idiots who were calling Charlie the best thing sinced sliced bread when we were playing well will probably be the first ones to call for his head now that we're playing sh"te. We're doing ok. We're not any better or worse off than we were last season.

That caviat aside, what the bejeezers was Charlie thinking today?  :006: In a game that we really ought to be looking to win, what were our TWO BEST STRIKERS DOING ON THE BENCH for the last 15 minutes? And what's the thinking behind the Bayne, Mcallister partnership? Two target men with no runner? And what's the point of playing target men if you're wingers and full backs aren't getting up to cross the ball? Why not take on Sutherland?

I'm a fan of the long ball game when it's played properly, but today it was just continuous, aimless punting into wide open spaces. What's the point? Especially when your target man (although we rarely hit the target or even AIMED for the target!) just flicks it on without even looking the whole time. At least when we had Brewster he could actually control and hold the ball, Bayne just flicks it on - 9 times out of 10 we lose possesion. No wonder Dargo looked p*ssed off when he was subbed. We should be playing to OUR BEST PLAYERS STRENGTHS, Dargo and Blackie are great footballers, not aerial brawlers.

And why do we need to resort to the long ball against Motherwell? Fair enough against Celtic, Rangers or Hearts when we feel our midfield is outmatched. But does it make sense against a team who we passed off their own park just a few weeks ago???  :024:

Anyway, we got what we deserved today. Christie can stand sipping his bottle of mineral water all day long - he doesn't seem to be watching the same game as the rest of us.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

The goal drought is all the more frustrating when we have Craig Brewster training with us and available. Give the man a chance!

Four letter word for today's game? How about garb..., rubb...., path...? Nah, they're too long. Let's just stick with DIRE!!!

As a season ticket holder I have watched ICT show some fairly competent defending, some good ball skills and some good passing this season. It's just that I'm totally scunnered at not seeing many goals!! I would happily trade everything else I've seen all season at home for those last 20 minutes againt Falkirk when we scored 3 goals having been 2 down. The difference there was that we had to attack and - by throwing the kitchen sink at Falkirk - we showed that we can attack when we want to.

After what I felt were two good displays against Aberdeen and Hearts I couldn't believe the utter pish that was played out today - by both teams.

Not sure why Dargo was taken off to be honest.

To make matters worse I went to the only pie shop in the ground that had no macaroni pies and got my *** spanked at pool.

All in all a rubbish day.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I don't know whether to report them to the The Office for Fair Trading for displaying shoddy wares or The Fraud Squad for attempting to impersonate professional football players today, a feckin shambles'

Joking aside, and I mean that, this is serious as it has been coming and we all know it, look here, we came into this season virtually unchanged, apart from two buys who haven't done anything yet, so we should be in better shape than we are, every player knows each others strength and weaknesses and style of play and have done for many seasons so we shouldn't look like a bunch of pussies against that sheit today, the teams around us are  begiining to gel now so we have to turn this around and soon!

And I am feckin sick to the teeth of this survival/punching above our weight/lowest paid players drivel that surrounds the team from management to fans, it's all we hear week after week, season after season these same old excuses are trotted out, ENOUGH!! why shouldn't we be positive and set our stall for the top six right from the start, the players must think that all the management want is to survive and as long as Dunfermline continue to lose then they are OK. Enough and I really mean that too.

crap!

sh1t!

grrr!

bolx!

Midfield AWOL. Too many balls punted up the park to Dargo and Bayne, that were mopped up by the 'well defence.

Agree with the posts re. a creative midfielder, see my thread on Zander.

A VERY frustrating afternoon, entertainment was non existent, where is that Barcelona-esque football you were talking about CC? If I wasn't a season ticket holder, I would be considering Christmas shopping with the wife in a fortnight rather than going to the Killie game, yes it was THAT bad!!

P.S. At least I can tell my grandchildren that I was at a match where Ian Black wasn't booked, they'll never believe me  :004:

i think in january we should try and get a player with pace and creativity but maybe we spent our budget on rankin who was expected to do this. another point i would like to make is why rory macalister is even in the squad never mind being brought on infront of wyness.

That truly was pish

Motherwell sat their defenders deep and asked for us to show what we could do and we answered with a big fat zero.  There was times when I was watching the game and I thought they had an extra player than us we were mince... in fact kencar hits the nail on the head "spineless"

Broonie

Can't complain

Tokely

Should have been sent off after his 2 footed challenge and didn't do anything to redeem himself after that... woeful

Dods

Was all right until he committed suicide, never deserved MOTM but to be fair there weren’t exactly any real candidates

Munro

Decent enough

Hastings

Caught out of position all game and gave the ball away anytime it landed it at his feet

Wilson

Looked very old today, and how he managed to miss that 1 on 1 with Meldrum??

Black

Can't fault his effort but constantly gets caught out of position... was probably one of our best today though

Duncan

Probably the reason it seemed Motherwell had an extra man, was anonymous most of the game and then every so often he would pick up possession only to pass the ball straight back to the feet of a Motherwell player.... can't see him starting next week

McBain

Considering he has not been my favourite player this season he was one of our better players today

Dargo

Didn't really get any opportunities to do anything... strange time to be substituted

Bayne

Looked like the Bayne of last season... headless chicken

Subs

Hart

Looked sharp whenever he got the ball, obviously desperate to get a start in the team and hopefully will get a chance next week

McCallister

I gave RIG some abuse for slagging Christie's choice to bring Rory into the game and hoped he would do something to prove me right but alas with him and Bayne upfront we had 2 headless chickens instead of just one

Rankin

Didn't get a chance

I actually thought Black was one of the worst on the park today, he did absolutely nothing except complain and whine at the ref, then wondered why he was being given no decisions his way.  I would have hooked him ahead of Duncan who only appeared anonymous because everyone's attention was fixed on how bad the rest of the team were.

Whichever way you call it on individual players, the fact of the matter is that they were not playing as a unit, players out of place all over the shop, balls being played to areas of the park where we should have had players - but nobody there, scrappy tackling, players scared to run at opposition defenders, players unwilling to take shots at goal until after we went one down...all in all a very poor game all round.

Who knows if CC had a decent game plan or not because whatever it was the players on the pitch (collectively) were unable to execute it - unless of course the plan was to go out and play like a bunch of amatuers.

I'm not calling for anyones head or suggesting anyone be dropped/sacked or such like, even the top teams have days where everything is a disaster.  The important thing is what the team and management learn from it and the action they take to improve things.