FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A Four Letter Word for Todays Game..................

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Just back from the boozer where the crack was the poor game today so I made my excuses and left, just like the team today.

We are crying out for a tricky wee fecker along the lines of Juanjo/Latapy and Bingham where they tie up two defenders and leave the wings open, tried and trusted moves, I thought that Black, especially after his last season would bring some skill to the party but apart fom the party hat we are still waiting for the crackers to be pulled.

Boys, we are dragging bottom and before we hit the rocks we need you guys to pull together and show us what you are made of, forget the shirt and loyalties, get back to your job as professionals and make those win bonuses yours.

We have enjoyed our win win family, lets get back to those days, look around and you will see that you are better than those around you.

I mentioned earlier in this thread about that wonderful attacking 20 minutes at the end of the Falkirk game where our team really showed what they were able to do attack-wise. On that occasion we had a front line of Wyness and Dargo with Richie Hart in midfield. I personally think all 3 of these guys have to feature at the same time if we are to have our most attacking selection. I also fancy the idea of wee Zander on the wing - he is nippy and will get behind defences.

What I saw on the park today were players who were shot-shy and when they did shoot, they were knocking down spectators in the North and South stands. Perhaps if they aimed at the keeper they would stand some chance of scoring?

I also noticed Barry getting a pain-killing spray during a break in play and can only assume that he was carrying an injury. Normally he plays a lot better than he did today. Rankin, I reckon, will come on yet as a player but we can't wait forever for him to produce the goods. He is shot-shy and (like others) will make an extra pass rather than have a dig.

We were playing a pretty mediocre Motherwell today and this - of all games - was the time to go all out in attack. In the end we were cautious - and still got beat 1-0!! I'd far rather we'd been beaten 3-2. At least we'd have seen that rarest of collectors' items at the Caledonian Stadium - GOALS!!!

In response to Harry Chibber I have to say you only got about 1/2 your comments about our team right.

Munro - "decent enough" - apart from when he tried to pass the ball more than 10 yards!!

Hastings - "Caught out of position all game and gave the ball away anytime it landed it at his feet" - apart from 1 big mistake in the 2nd half he was MOTM. It has to be a concern when your biggest attacking threat is your left back

Black "can't fault his effort but constantly gets caught out of position... was probably one of our best today though" - He was poor today and has been pretty much all season. Rankin has received dogs abuse for some of his performances but I haven't seen anything from Black to suggest he is any better

McBain "Considering he has not been my favourite player this season he was one of our better players today." He did nothing of merit today - he never does yet he is always in the team  :008:

Hart "Looked sharp whenever he got the ball, obviously desperate to get a start in the team and hopefully will get a chance next week." He touched the ball maybe 3 times and did feck all. Still he's worth a start instead of Mcbain  :008: