FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargo & Bayne

Stevie

Would I be right to assume that most of us want to see Wyness partner Dargo up front against Killie on Saturday.

I get the idea that most fans feel the Dargo- Bayne partnership isn't working, and with Dargo's impressive scoring record it should be Bayne that makes way.

In defence of Bayne, I would suggest that it's not the partnership that no' working it's the service department that's needing fixed. Indeed did Dargo not make this point himself last week in the press ?

Most of you may know via my posting that I'm a fan of the target-man type of centre-forward and Graham Bayne fits the bill.

So before juggling with the strikers, I think it would be fairer if Christie revamped the midfield first, more width and service from the flanks required.

I don't think I'm alone in wishing to see Hart and Sutherland given an extended run in the team.

Guest kingkojak

dargo soesnt deserve to start against killie.  he was handed a golden opportunity with the penatly on sat to prove critics wrong and justify his comments made in the press. 

instead he completely fuffed the chance and, perhaps, proved his critics right!

wyness and banye up front

IMO, Bayne is doing more to warrant his place in the team than Dargo at present so I fail to see how we can justify dropping him ahead of Dargo - if either was to be dropped.

Also, Dargo has as good as stated himself that he will only be able to score goals if he gets better service and since we don't have a setup to provide that service then I think we should put Wyness in his place to see if he can do any better alongside Bayne.

How about this as justification for dropping Bayne?

He's a useless donkey with no awareness of the game and very little skill.

He leaps for the ball and lets it hit off his 50p head.

Approximately one time in ten it will bounce near to an ICT player,

and he's given plaudits for "trying hard".

Get Denzil back in the team.

Have been saying it fer months. Bayne is not on the same thinking level as Dargo. Dargo looks so feckin frustrated at times. Bayne is a sub and a 110%er - nothing else. Brewster got the best out of Dargo as they were two players with a real football brain. If I was Dargo I would throttle Bayne.

Effort and committment is admirable but he is not an SPL thinking footballer. Wyness is - Rory will be.

I think some of us get a bit hung up on what Dargo done for us last season. Ok he scored 20 goals, a good few in partnership with Brewster. This season hes got 5 so far. In 5 seasons with Killie he only scored 22 so I wouldnt say he was a prolific goal scorer. I haven't seen much thought for a Bayne Wyness partnership. Maybe that would work better.

Guest Suspicious Mind

You cannot understate the value of Dargo to the team Alex.

It's obvious that we aren't scoring goals because Dargo isn't scoring!

To score 20 goals in the top dividion with ICT is a huge achievement and may not be repeated for a very long time.

Our system should be built round him not him trying to work round our system?

It is simple without the service no striker will score goals, you need to look a little further back in our formation, nobody is taking resposibility they just off load it.

The other point I would make is, that we might slag players off over a pint but I don't think this is the forum for unfair comments  in that individuals cannot responed to personal remarks and in some cases comments that are totally over the top.

In doing so we reduce the value of this forum.

I think some of us get a bit hung up on what Dargo done for us last season. Ok he scored 20 goals, a good few in partnership with Brewster. This season hes got 5 so far. In 5 seasons with Killie he only scored 22 so I wouldnt say he was a prolific goal scorer. I haven't seen much thought for a Bayne Wyness partnership. Maybe that would work better.

Bayne probably hasn't scored 20 goals over his entire career!!  :006:

Guest kingkojak

on this service issue.  i noticed at the yinted match that practically 95% of blacks passes where backwards!!  seems to be a lot of negativity seeeping into the side.....

'on this service issue.  i noticed at the yinted match that practically 95% of blacks passes where backwards!!  seems to be a lot of negativity seeeping into the side.....'

Its called 'scared to get beat ' syndrome'

We saw that with Dundee in our first SPL season.

'on this service issue.  i noticed at the yinted match that practically 95% of blacks passes where backwards!!  seems to be a lot of negativity seeeping into the side.....'

Think I would call it Barry "Spongebob Squarepass" Ferguson syndrome really.

Find some facts before spouting crap man. Bayne has scored 29 in his career so far. 12 of which were with ICT.

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

I used to think that Wyness and Charlie were very similar players, but Charlie doesn't seem to fancy him at all.

Bayne deserved a run in the first team following impressive displays from the bench, but he hasn't produced the goods. He's improved this season from a good first division player to a decent SPL player. But I think he's at his best coming off the bench with 15 minutes to go - a big, bustling guy charging at everything against tired defenders, he always looked dangerous in that role.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that he's a headless chicken. He makes some intelligent runs. It's with the ball at his feet that he's lacking. Everyone slagging off his knock ons should note that most of the time he only has one well marked man to aim at.

I think as long as we keep playing the long ball game Bayne should be a regular (although not every week) but if we want to play football - Wyness is a better overall footballer, and a more prolific goalscorer.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

How about this as justification for dropping Bayne?

He's a useless donkey with no awareness of the game and very little skill.

He leaps for the ball and lets it hit off his 50p head.

Approximately one time in ten it will bounce near to an ICT player,

and he's given plaudits for "trying hard".

Get Denzil back in the team.

could not have been said more eloquently. DARGO/WYNESS DEFINITELY. Infact I would have anybody upfront except Bayne.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Find some facts before spouting crap man. Bayne has scored 29 in his career so far. 12 of which were with ICT.

I was wondering if you know his goals per minutes played ratio.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

'I used to think that Wyness and Charlie were very similar players'

Not at all, two very different players, Charlie a playmaker in that he played the ball and made the moves and Dennis is very much an old fashioned poacher, not a playmaker like Charlie, in fact Dennis's game very much reflects his quiet personality.