FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

CTO Mobile Web

Joonya

Loving the look and layout of the CTO site from my Blackberry.

Before it would be very tempremental as it tried to load the whole main site.

Has anyone else noticed a change to it?

Layout has not change on my phone (Nokia) but it is a lot faster since the last software update was done.

We did have a couple of small issues with the site template when that was done which have just been fixed, so that could be a reason for any improvement.

got a tweet about this on the weekend from one of the site users .... problem before was that we set the site to load the news page rather than the forums so you probably saw the next/last block first and everything else further down page? The mobile site doesnt cope very well with the news pages or custom HTML !!

When I updated the software last week, i left the default page as forums so you now get a slicker page on forum loading and as most pageviews are in the forums, I figured it was easier for you lot.

There will be specific new apps coming out from the forum creators (IPB) for both iPhone and Android, not sure about Blackberry .... and this should enhance it further. no date for those yet though

Yeah I had the news page thing but now it goes straight to the forum list which is a bonus. However once I go into a forum and click on a thread it just gives me a black page that I can strangely still scroll up and down in. If I scroll to the top the thread loads up and I can see it normally! Weird. Also if I refresh the page from the blank screen more often than not the thread then loads up. But never the 1st time I click it from the list of threads on the forum page. I've recently updated my Android version from 3. something (gingerbread) to 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) so I don't know it this has caused the issue or if it's the site (or a combination) I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2. Should prob have put this in the Support forum!

I've never had any bother ;-/ bottom left main site for voting then it has a link to ho back to mobile site, HTC Sensation XL and One X.....

• 2 weeks later...

For those using iPhone or iPad, the makers of the forum software released a new mobile app for the forums yesterday. You can use it to connect to any IPB forums that have upgraded to either of the last two versions which is 3.3.1 or 3.3.2.

This site is using 3.3.1 but I am going to be applying the 3.3.2 upgrade files soon as they may fix some of the issues recently reported ... Not sure what version P&B use, but they too use the same software so if they have kept up to date on versions then it can also be used there.

Its not a free app but only costs about $1.99 from Canadian iTunes store so probably less in the UK one. Search for IPS or IPS Communities. An Android version will also follow in due course.

It does not solve the poll problem, but I will post that on the customer forums as something raised by our users.