FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness stadium bar may open to away fans

Caley Braveheart

For the majority of away SPL fans i think it would be a great idea to boost the bars use however Celtic fans shouldn't be allowed near the place.

3 hours drinking buckfast on a bus and then getting into a bar at the ground would be a recipe for disaster!

Edited by Libero
  • Agree 2

Agreed. Plenty of other clubs have welcomed our fans into their stadium bars.

It is stipulated that it would only be opened up to away fans for quieter games and where the police consider the risk to be low, so I don't see how they would have a problem with it in principle.

Sevconians and the 'greatest fans in the world' aside I think it would be a great idea. Usual negativity from the police, frightened of change. Fans must mix in the pubs in town after surely without anarchy breaking out.

Can't see how the police can oppose this when they are doing the same thing over he bridge!

Probably by the same mechanism as they employ to kill enjoyment of Inverness as a Saturday night entertainment centre by insisting on a midnight curfew.

Police in towns and cities across the UK seem to manage "normal" Saturday pub and club going as a matter of course. But uniquely this seems to be beyond the competence of the Inverness cops and, apart from anything else, it portrays our city to the world as some kind of Wee Free dominated 19th century backwater.

So they will possibly also therefore come to the conclusion that the management of two sets of football fans in the same pub will also be beyond the capacity of the Sneck Constabulary.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

Can't see how the police can oppose this when they are doing the same thing over he bridge!

Probably by the same mechanism as they employ to kill enjoyment of Inverness as a Saturday night entertainment centre by insisting on a midnight curfew.

Police in towns and cities across the UK seem to manage "normal" Saturday pub and club going as a matter of course. But uniquely this seems to be beyond the competence of the Inverness cops and, apart from anything else, it portrays our city to the world as some kind of Wee Free dominated 19th century backwater.

So they will possibly also therefore come to the conclusion that the management of two sets of football fans in the same pub will also be beyond the capacity of the Sneck Constabulary.

C'mon Mr B, be fair they have to have their tea breaks too remember. :lol:

It's not true what people say, Charles. We don't disagree on everything..!!!

• Agree 1

Wee free dominated backwater sounds about right to me Charles and they have been killjoys in the town/city for as long as I can remember.........and I'll wager Scarlet's generation would make similar claims.

• Agree 1

It's allowed, and works perfectly well, at other stadiums all across the country....I don't see why it should be any different at TCS.

Inverness curfew operates only in Inverness, so no guarantee it would be allowed here, police obviously have a big big say on what happens to drinking laws here, as said it operates all over the place, Pars legends bar is an obvious success.

anytime i have been in the bar it has been quite busy. add 50+ away supporters and you end up in long queues to get served.

when you eventually get a drink you will then struggle to find a space to drink it in comfort.

families use it and it is a nice enviroment to have a drink/juice before or after the game

the bar is too small to let away supporters in.

anytime i have been in the bar it has been quite busy. add 50+ away supporters and you end up in long queues to get served.

when you eventually get a drink you will then struggle to find a space to drink it in comfort.

families use it and it is a nice enviroment to have a drink/juice before or after the game

the bar is too small to let away supporters in.

Have to disagree. Yes it's fairly busy before the game but not rarely busy afterwards. I understand it would be invitation only like we sometimes do on away days. I love meeting other teams supporters and getting a bit of banter. It all adds to the match day experience. If more custom went through the bar they could maybe afford to get beer pumps in as a lot of the delay in getting served is because all the drinks have to be decanted into plastic glasses. Also lets face it any additional revenue has to be welcome to the club.

• Agree 1

You beat me to it OCG....the club want to improve the facility, but those improvements need to be justified by also increasing use/revenue. Improving the facility not only allows it to be a better place on matchdays, but it gives the club another area which could (potentially) be hired out for various things.

The main thing is that the club only wish to have the "option" of inviting away fans. If it turns out that the place is full with home fans, then they would not need to take up that option....which I'm sure everyone would be delighted with.

Never fear lads and coppers...............when the country is controlled by ONE police force we'll have equality across the land. What they need to realise is that there's no way on this earth that rowdies and drunks will get past the wifey on the door anyway.

~

Thats the second time I have been called a wifey today. Enough is enough. Your yellow card is marked. Red next time.

• Agree 1

Never fear lads and coppers...............when the country is controlled by ONE police force we'll have equality across the land. What they need to realise is that there's no way on this earth that rowdies and drunks will get past the wifey on the door anyway.

~

Thats the second time I have been called a wifey today. Enough is enough. Your yellow card is marked. Red next time.

Ach you know we all love you really Elizabeth

• Agree 1