FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness stadium bar may open to away fans

Caley Braveheart

Look forward to risk assessing jambos on saturday....."good guy, w*nk, good guy, w*nk, w*nk, good guy" Something along these lines.

Another post which has made me laugh out loud! Many thanks, Davie.

Oh well, that's been a double victory today for common sense and the creation of a realistically sociable atmosphere in Inverness, and both thanks to the Licensing Board - the lifting of the dreaded city centre midnight curfew and allowing away fans, albeit with restrictions, into the Caledonian Stadium bar.

So another step also towards being regarded as a normal community.

I often think "thank God for the breath of normality which is Caley Thistle" in this respect since the other things Inverness is best known for are a non existent water creature and the most misunderstood battle in British history. Inverness really needs dragged into the 20th century since the next stop could then become the 21st.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

The 32 Inverness Pub Watch members were split on the issue and some club owners have threatened to continue imposing their own entry curfew regardless of Tuesday’s vote.

In Inverness, venues under the curfew include Johnny Foxes, The Den, Hootananny, Play, Hush, Miami and the Ironworks when it hosts specific events.

Why is it in Inverness it always seems one step forward, two steps back

Dont think the lifting of the curfew will be as straight forward as the Council lifting their rules. I would guess that any pub owner setting their own curfew would do so with a high risk that their customers would not be best impressed. Best way to change the minds of those owners who choose to use their own curfew is to vote with your feet. If a pub/club owner is imposing his/her own curfew then i'm sure there will be plenty pubs and clubs that wont that would be happy of the custom