FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We have a system ?

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Quote from Terry after the game last night which i have to slightly disagree with. We do have "a system" which is becoming as fluid as it is becoming consistent - but that is an away from home system. If we had a system for the TCS we would be walking this feckin league. But again this is nothing new.

I will provide you all with my advanced psychological and tactical observations and I await comment and/or constructive criticism with anticipation.

Some of our captures may well raise their games when we travel to places like Parkhead and Pittodrie. For some of them, especially the thrill deprived Englishmen it must be a dream to play at such stadia and to pit their wits against European "legends". That could only increase their adrenaline levels and lead to improved performances. in such arenas they are also in the sptlight and some will be using ICT as a stepping stone. Unless you have the real "play for the shirt" ingrained emotion then it may be considerably more difficult to raise your game at ICT - and dont give me the "they are professionals" excuse garbage.

The tepidness of the home crowd may also be a factor and some sweetie rustlers in our stands who would have Neil Lennon considering completing suicide rather than quitting. Again I will hear the "they are professionals response" but I also feel that their levels of concentration waver more at the TCS. We are definitely playing more "together" but there are lapses of individual committment.

Tactically should we utilise the away mentality - can we ? - as far as I am concerned we havent attempted it - should we ? A more dangerous game at home but shurely worth a try.

Give Raven, Warren and Meekings the directive to defend and get them to hold a line higher up the pitch. Raven and Shinnie have to be more aware to hold the line but also to "sweep". Let Warren take on the centre half role. That should also make the midfield gap easier to control. The only issue is the offside trap failing. Stick OTJ and either Foran/Draper in that middle ground and one holds and one looks to go forward. Play Doran and Roberts out wide - keep swopping them or do the homework and decide where thae opposition flaws are, and look to feed them as much as possible. Play Andy Shinnie high up in a "hole" and take away some defensive responsibility. Play McKay exactly how we have been doing away from home.

We also need to press the ball as much as possible, especially the midfield four whilst Shinnie and McKay concentrate on pressing any defenders trying to run the ball out.

Glad you have been listening to me IHE you have put it down better than i could and I applaud you.

When away,our elite supporters are encouraging the side, a complete contrast to the 'tepidness', as you so aptly put it of the home support. Encouragement is always a wind behind the back thing and I honestly believe that is what is lacking at TCS. Any times I have been lucky enough to manage to go there I have been appalled by the amount of criticism that has been shouted out by the ;home crowd if there is the slightest slip up and the comparative lacklustre clapping when things go well.

Another little point to add, with the speed of our two wide players the occassional quick long ball out to the wings from Reguero will have a devastating effect on most defences

Dont worry though Lord Terry will eventually get the home system up and  running soon.

Our team plays a blinder away from home and then they come home. No sooner has the kick-off whistle been blown when the abuse of players begins. I've sat in the main stand. I've heard it. Maybe its time the club asked the stewards to take some action. The sort of stuff that gets hurled at players from one or two of their own fans is ridiculous and has to be offputing for the players. Maybe if that was sorted out then the system would work at home as well as away.

• Agree 2