FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee Utd -V- ICT

Scotty

i dont want to be ostrosized but the league is tight and i hope we continue this and end up with a great season but it is to early to sayeurope with the league so close if it was more stretched then fine but i dont want to get to excited because i remember us 2 seasons ago lying in 4th some good 8 or 9pts ahead of 7th and we slumped to finish outside top 6 but this team is better and i do believe something will happen but what that will be we have to wait and see game by game people and it will become clearer

• Agree 1

What an absolutely incredible day!

At 2-0 down, there was nothing but shock at the woeful defending. There can't be that much argument for the third. It was a well worked and well executed goal.

However, credit to my fellow chanters in the Lower Tier (particularly BigMac and Govan Jaggie), who at 3-0 down started chanting 'We're gonna win 4-3' and '4-3 to the Caley Jags'...
There were a few little looks from the bench as if to say 'are they crazy', but once Billy got his first, I think belief eventually set in.

The second goal came whilst Yompa was tucking into his corned beef piece, to which a chant was heard briefly aimed at the magical powers of said sandwich (and Capital Caley's? Cup of tea).

4-3 up was absolutely unbelievable and even at the time of the penalty I thought the ref blew for a foul on Foran. It was only seeing the players surround him that I knew he'd given a penalty. (Having watched it back on slow-mo and on BBC Alba, NEVER was it a penatly. Blatant push by Daly on Foran).

Overall, I can't complain at getting a point. I'd said before the game that it would be a 'must not lose' and that I would settle for a draw. With us being up against the bottom three in the league for our next three fixtures we could see ourselves still up there come new year. But the lads can't be complacent and think these games will be a given, particularly as we play our Shadows at their place.

• Agree 2

What an absolutely incredible day!

At 2-0 down, there was nothing but shock at the woeful defending. There can't be that much argument for the third. It was a well worked and well executed goal.

However, credit to my fellow chanters in the Lower Tier (particularly BigMac and Govan Jaggie), who at 3-0 down started chanting 'We're gonna win 4-3' and '4-3 to the Caley Jags'...

There were a few little looks from the bench as if to say 'are they crazy', but once Billy got his first, I think belief eventually set in.

The second goal came whilst Yompa was tucking into his corned beef piece, to which a chant was heard briefly aimed at the magical powers of said sandwich (and Capital Caley's? Cup of tea).

4-3 up was absolutely unbelievable and even at the time of the penalty I thought the ref blew for a foul on Foran. It was only seeing the players surround him that I knew he'd given a penalty. (Having watched it back on slow-mo and on BBC Alba, NEVER was it a penatly. Blatant push by Daly on Foran).

Overall, I can't complain at getting a point. I'd said before the game that it would be a 'must not lose' and that I would settle for a draw. With us being up against the bottom three in the league for our next three fixtures we could see ourselves still up there come new year. But the lads can't be complacent and think these games will be a given, particularly as we play our Shadows at their place.

Yompas corned beef sarnies and my tea helped secure the point for sure. ;) Edited by CapitalCaley

Said there that the pen was for a handball and Foran booked for dissent. Where did the five mins of added time come from?

You are sounding like Derek Adams!

A great comeback well done to get a point from United :clapping:

Who is sounding like Derek Adams? I am in another country with no access to any comentary or video or such like so I asked a question on here. I'll rephrase it so you may understand better. Why was there five minutes added on? Did someone get injured or what?

I do not believe that our team knows how to be complacent. They all want to win and to make certain of a win! Barring  woefull decisions and accidents they will win.

Hope we have enough in the coffers to keep these lads together, not just 'till the Summer but next season too.

TogetherNess with a highland Capital as somebody else spelled it is the operative word. Board, Management, Staff and supporters ....TogetherNess.  :ictscarf:

:cheer01:  :clapping:  :clapoverhead:

• Agree 2

Said there that the pen was for a handball and Foran booked for dissent. Where did the five mins of added time come from?

You are sounding like Derek Adams!

A great comeback well done to get a point from United :clapping:

Who is sounding like Derek Adams? I am in another country with no access to any comentary or video or such like so I asked a question on here. I'll rephrase it so you may understand better. Why was there five minutes added on? Did someone get injured or what?

Sorry Alex it was not a serious comment :tongueincheek: should have put this in.