FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A HUGE THANK YOU LIZ

izzy

I would like to say a huge Thank You to Liz for making our trips to away games very enjoyable.I was very sad to hear at weekend that she has decided to retire from her post of bus convener..Im sure I can speak for all who travel to away games in saying you you will be greatly missed Liz but you deserve to sit back and enjoy the day along with the rest of us.Enjoy your retirement and Good Luck to whoever decides to take over .Liz will be a hard act to follow......Thank you .

• Agree 8

Very many thanks for these kind words!    I will still travel on as many of the away buses as I can, but will enjoy being a customer rather than being busy most of the miles.   As long as all the passengers are well looked after, especially Shaun and Harry, then I will be happy.  

• Agree 2

I would like to echo Izzy's sentiment.  Running all the buses is a huge ask and Liz has done an amazing job over the years.  There will now be a rota of bus conveners who will ensure that the high standards set previously will be upheld.

Bus filling up nicely for Saturday, David Balfour will be looking after you this week, so just phone the usual travel club number 07951 309504 to book your seat.

Thanks again Liz and enjoy your away days without all the work and stress that goes with the job :-)

I'd just like to echo LG's thoughts on this one. Its a huge commitment to run these buses week in week out and to maintain as much enthusiasm as Liz did was remarkable. Football fans always seem to be able to step up to the mark, but as LG says, we are going to have to establish a rota system for the buses so that no one gets saddled with that kind of workload on their own, and put together a clear bus policy so that everyone can work as well as Liz did. Volunteers out there? Anyone? Seriously if you can help us out, give me a shout with a PM so that we can share the load.

In the meantime Liz, thanks a million on behalf of CJT