A word from an ex Com Man

ExComMan

As an ex employee of ICTFC, I still remember the day Terry & Mo arrived at the club. In my opinion ,they both breathed a new lease of life to Caley Thistle and I can't help but feel sad to hear about their imminent departure. Any time I needed either of their help for the Commercial side of the club they never refused and made my job that bit easier as they both understood why the football and non football club needed to be a line of one. They were fantastic for CaleyThistle, I think as an ex employee, a fan and someone who loves in this town who ever comes in has a hard act to follow. Whatever you think of them both they were great and supportive to me and I wish them both the very best.

• Agree 1

I have no inside knowledge and just going with the chit chat but you don't need to be a genius to read between the lines. Let's see what happens but I guess according to the BBC, an announcement is less than 48 hours away. 

In all seriousness TB was charismatic and a real personality. I am going to look at this in two time zones. Prior to Monday 4th November 2013 TB, warts and all, brought good times and success to ICT - to which I wholeheartedly applaud him, as I am sure many, many others will also do. This week has been calamitous and his narcissistic traits appear to have imploded. Unfortunately I fear that he is only going to make things ten times worse as he will definitely project the blame anywhere else other than himself. His behaviour at Easter Road today was so lacking in simple emotional awareness it was actually pitiful.

I reckon I know who the OP is and its not a player. Anyway, I agree with what he says regarding the changes that came about behind the scenes and I would hope that what he leaves behind remains in being.

Reading all I've read over the last few days it is my belief that TB will go to Hibs but only if a compensation deal, that is agreeable to ICT, is in place. I believe he has ICT at heart and will not go if Petrie can't come up with a fair offer. It makes sense not to commit to one club or the other till that part is sorted out. From a fans point of view its all very frustrating, moreso in light of the BBC's jumping the gun, but at the end of the day it's all about what we can get out of it.

To the future we have a squad of good players who will endeavour to keep us challenging at the top and any manager coming in will have an easy run to the end of the season.

As an ex employee of ICTFC, I still remember the day Terry & Mo arrived at the club. In my opinion ,they both breathed a new lease of life to Caley Thistle and I can't help but feel sad to hear about their imminent departure. Any time I needed either of their help for the Commercial side of the club they never refused and made my job that bit easier as they both understood why the football and non football club needed to be a line of one. They were fantastic for CaleyThistle, I think as an ex employee, a fan and someone who loves in this town who ever comes in has a hard act to follow. Whatever you think of them both they were great and supportive to me and I wish them both the very best.

^^^^^ Terry Butcher IMO

Spot on Alex. Terry isn't thinking about himself and he is holding Hibs to ransom for the good of ICT and the fans. He will still be welcomed back with open arms and if he is now forced to go to Hibs as a sacrificial lamb I am certain that he will have the decency not to make any bids fer ICT players in the Xmas window. You just can't help but love, worship, cherish and idolise this man of the Inverness people.

Butcher has said on numerous occasions in the past that he doesn't really like transfer fees as there is plentiful good value in the free transfer/bosman market, mainly as anything over 50k essentially constitutes a years salary as an ICT player, ie better to get 2 frees on budget of 100k than 1 50k transfer and wage, so I can't see any bids coming from Hibs in January for our players. In saying that, who is out of contract at the end of the season? I reckon he'd fancy getting Gary Warren in there to add some steal to the soft lethargic lumps in Hibs defence.

If he has the good of ICT at heart, we'll soon find out in the next transfer window, when I expect he will be doing some fishing in the Highlands.

Fishing for what? Our players are under contract and Hibs have no cash to spend. they blew that on Duffer Collins

And at the end of this season ?

Butcher has said on numerous occasions in the past that he doesn't really like transfer fees as there is plentiful good value in the free transfer/bosman market, mainly as anything over 50k essentially constitutes a years salary as an ICT player, ie better to get 2 frees on budget of 100k than 1 50k transfer and wage, so I can't see any bids coming from Hibs in January for our players. In saying that, who is out of contract at the end of the season? I reckon he'd fancy getting Gary Warren in there to add some steal to the soft lethargic lumps in Hibs defence.

Signed up till the end of season 2015-16:

• Aaron Doran

Signed up till the end of next season:

• Josh Meekings

• Nick Ross 

• Gary Warren

• Graeme Shinnie

• Billy McKay

• Daniel Devine

• David Raven

• Liam Polworth

• Ryan Christie

Signed up till the end of this season:

• Ross Draper

• Ryan Esson

• Richie Foran

• Conor Pepper

• Matthew Cooper

• Jay Cheyne

• Calum Ferguson

• Ben Greenhalgh

• Danny Williams

• Adam Evans

• James Vincent

• Marley Watkins

• Curtis Allen

• Joe Gorman

• Nick Draper

• Calum Howarth

• Cameron Mackay

• Jason Brown

• Alasdair Sutherland

• Carl Tremarco

(Terry Butcher, Maurice Malpas and Steve Marsella are also in this category)

Signed Until January 2014

• Torbjørn Agdestein

On loan until January 2014

• Dean Brill

• Agree 1

Yes I do. Hibs want him for what he was able to do at Motherwell without money and what he's been able to do for us without money. In last two years Hibs debt has increased to £6.5 million. Petrie is desperate to get that down to manageable levels quickly so I dont believe Terry will be afforded much cash to spend in transfer markets.

No I don't believe it was, that was down to marshmallow, trouble is, it is the Butcher name that is the big attraction up here (or was) for those from the other side of the border............That is what The Fibs want him for his name his past and the recent glory his Staff have brought him.

At least it looks like we are going to have the option of keeping his staff, for the interim period at least, certainly Saturdays performance warrant their continuance but can Mo and Co keep the continuity going ? it is a hard ask, my gut feeling is  yes providing there are not too many set backs over the next few games.

They, the Team, need to up their second half performances,  that lets not lose, fall back and keep em out now attitude is a Butcher thing. If Mo and Co can turn that into attack is the best form of defence attitude in the second half then we will top the league again before the Seasons end.