FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roll call for Motherwell & Team

WYNESS101

2 points out of 15, losing at home to the worst team in the league. Definitely time to freshen thinks up. If the fringe boys are progressing and working as hard as the gaffer says they are, then give them a chance. Raven shores up the back 4 and offers us another dimension in attack. He will also bring out the best on Doran, who should return to his best position on the right wing.

1 goal in 3 matches against County, St Mirren and Partick Thistle (3 of the poorest defences in the league) is a dire return. Polworth was excellent against County and provided composure and intelligent penetrating passes, one of which lead to our goal. Christie and Greenhalgh have both done the business when they've been on the park, both can beat a man and create something out of nothing.  

Brill

Raven   Devine    Meekins   Tremarco

Polworth    Shinnie

Doran            Greenhalgh           Christie

MacKay

I might as well have a punt, assuming Watkins, Warren, Draper and Foran all out for various reasons (and Vincent of course)

Brill

Raven  Meekings  Devine   Doran

Polworth   Tremarco  Shinnie   Williams

McKay   Christie

Leaves Ross, Greenhalgh, Pepper on the bench, with not much else frankly

Obviously way too many changes for a manager to take on, but Shinnie and Tremarco block the middle, and Shinnie has a shot on him, obviously Christie has barely played but played alongside Mckay might add some energy to the front line. Devine is fairly secure next to Meekings, I don't really rate Doran to do much going forward but has enough in him to secure the left hand side of defence to free up some 'meat' in the midfield. Ross on the bench gives us some experience to come on.

When you look at the five that are missing, that is quite a miss...we need a couple of loans in quickly  I reckon

warren only has 5 yellows so he is able to play 

He got one in the abandoned game v County which counts so he has six. As mentioned above this suspension kicks in two weeks after the 6th yellow card so he misses the Aberdeen (A) match.

warren only has 5 yellows so he is able to play

He got one in the abandoned game v County which counts so he has six. As mentioned above this suspension kicks in two weeks after the 6th yellow card so he misses the Aberdeen (A) match.

Do cup yellow cards count?

Better closely mark  Ainsworth!!  Some scintillating player that yin.

And Vigurs who seems to have calmed down in the physical department and can thread a lovely pass through a packed defense.

Boy, can that Motherwell team shift! They look fast and furious. Deadly even.

Is it my imagination, but our team are talented and can play nice tippy-tappy-football but are they as frenetic and sharp as the likes of Motherwell.

Maybe there has been a little bit of a loss of confidence since the changeover and also do I detect a little bit of sitting back and thinking that they don't quite have to work as hard as possible and just not quite displa9ing that sense of urgency that BOTH Hearts and Hibs showed in their  highlights. Their match was a fantastic exhibition of speed, skill and endeavour and had everything.

Comparing this and some of the other matches over the last few days I don't think that there are many matches  in England that can compare.There is nothing like a pulsating Scottish match.

Hibernian are now fighting like crazy and are playing some fast and also furious football. Butcher is instilling some belief  in themselves it seems.