FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Would you want County relegated this season?

RossP

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Ross County relegated?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care...

No....

Although I understand the economic argument that neutral fans have a choice, but success, profile, good football and clever promotions can help, plus Inverness as a destination is superior. You can't beat having a local derby and bragging rights...plus as someone else said Rangers will be back in a season and a bit which will hep financially...Also with two Highland clubs plus Aberdeen in the SPL doing well it might shake the Scottish football hierachy from their Glasgow/Edinburgh centred focus (a bit)

I'd rather they stay up, for the sake of having a local rival. When I say rival I mean whipping boy obviously

But we do tend to get a better gate receipt with them about.

Perhaps the teams should work together for sponsorship. Sponsor the derby perhaps? Be an interesting concept.

But if they truly must go down, then let it be next season so we can offset gate receipts with the possible return or Rangers, and even Hearts who also have a decent away support.

I want County in the Premier League and furthermore would love to see Elgin and Peterhead join us.

The way things are going we will have Brora along side us too..................Football focus coming to the Highlands soon   :wink:

They hardly took that many fans to the last derby.  Get them relegated, it'd be funny.

New Year just before ko

attachicon.gifIMG_0182.JPG

This is an excellent point: the away support was really poor at New Year. There is talk of County fans effectively boycotting matches at TCS because they don't want to "give us a penny". If true, this is an incredible stance that can only end in ruin for both clubs...shabby behaviour!

Its always nice to know you are doing better than your rivals so being in a higher league is always a nice feeling. However, apart from celtic, the county matches are our next biggest crowd puller (sometimes more than the celtic games) and the revenue is vital for a club like ICT. Plus, its great to gubb them!

I would like to see them stay up, but only just

I voted Yes because well one and only reason - It would be funny. 

In all seriousness though there is many pros and cons of having Ross County in the Premiership. 

Pros: The friendly banter that is had on Twitter is something that I find really good about the Highland Derby and it's never taken to the extremes 

Less Travel involved in the away days and certainly makes a Friday night away day enjoyable with less travel (Unless they get stubborn and turn the lights off!) 

The cash gate is something that has been positive for both clubs and helps one another out especially with Rangers not in the Premiership

It's really really fun making Derek Adam seethe to boiling point.

Despite being Ross County, I really want to see both clubs promoting Highland Football at it's highest level

Their pies are quite good.  

Cons: The way that they acted with tickets for the rescheduled Highland derby last week was ridiculous.

Last season our crowds took a bit of a hit with them being in the premiership but the bubble's starting to burst which is good

Edited by ICTRoughi

Ok away supports do look like they have dropped but that's possibly because some fans are probably choosing County over us due to our stadium location and poorer match day experience

I agree due to cost trips up north are getting more expensive so some will have to make a choice

Dougal

Ok away supports do look like they have dropped but that's possibly because some fans are probably choosing County over us due to our stadium location and poorer match day experience

I agree due to cost trips up north are getting more expensive so some will have to make a choice

Dougal

And you're one of those fans that chose Ross County over us.

I'd rather have Ross County in the top league than Rangers.

• Agree 1

Happily see them relegated through the play off position, this is highly unlikely due to it being very weighted in favour of the premiership side however which I'm sure we'll be relieved about next season when we are rooted in it.

• Agree 2

Dougal

Dougal, Ross County play in bloody Dingwall. How is this possibly a better stadium location, than well, ANYWHERE?

• Agree 2