FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Celtic

Scotty

Not sure about the pitch it looked perfect for good football wind may have had an a affect, the main spoiler on the day was the ref, normally one of the better ones.

The boys done well!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope Brill recovers ok always feel secure when he is in goal.

Aside from the footy, there was a complete lack of traffic management at the roundabout yesterday.  Coming from OTB I set off early and just before noon hit standing traffic just North of the North Kessock slip road.  10 minutes later we had moved to just South of the slip road and still a mile and a half from the roundabout.  Fortunately my wife was driving as she had things to do in town, so I decided to get out of the car and leg it.  I got into  the ground 5 minutes before kick off whilst my wife finally reached the roundabout 5 minutes later.  There must be quite a few who missed the early excitement because of that.

Aside from the footy, there was a complete lack of traffic management at the roundabout yesterday. Coming from OTB I set off early and just before noon hit standing traffic just North of the North Kessock slip road. 10 minutes later we had moved to just South of the slip road and still a mile and a half from the roundabout. Fortunately my wife was driving as she had things to do in town, so I decided to get out of the car and leg it. I got into the ground 5 minutes before kick off whilst my wife finally reached the roundabout 5 minutes later. There must be quite a few who missed the early excitement because of that.

Obviously traffic management isn't the clubs responsibility but I can't for the life of me understand why the police don't switch off the lights and direct traffic as the traffic flow vastly different than normal. That's what they do in other places at major junctions when there's a large event on. I totally avoid the roundabout when I drive to the games.

Seen a good number of Celtic fans complaining on FB they missed the kick off due to traffic partly but also due to excessive queues at the ground.

• Agree 1

The police were directing traffic yesterday. For about an hour before kick off. I gave up trying to get a lift to the ground and walked it. The whole area heading to the roundabout was gridlocked.

Celtic fans are frequently late into the ground and suspect it is as much to do with an extra pint in the Phoenix as it is with traffic management although I agree the latter is not good

One complaint I've seen said that supporters turned up at 12:30 and they were raging because they couldn't get in before kick-off at 12:45...!!!

They then compound the issue by spending ages arguing with the turnstile operator about it instead of just getting in the ground...thus holding up everyone behind them.

Deano's injury overshadowed an excellent result. He looked in some pain. Perhaps a bit harsh but I thought the paramedics were a bit slow getting to him, plodding onto the pitch like they were having a Sunday stroll. A dislocated knee usually puts a player on the shelf for 6 months, so the big man's season is over. In consolation, Esson came on and kept a clean sheet. Hope he goes on and takes up the mantle with both hands (no pun intended).

The performance was a mixed bag. Defensively the whole back 4 (and Esson) were excellent. Draper broke up play well. Our midfield and front 2 also pressed well and did a lot of defensive covering. Going forward we didn't put too many good moves together. Shinnie looked our biggest threat with his surging runs. Ofere had a very impressive first hour, he harried and pressed, held the ball up brilliantly and picked out a good pass most of the time. He was also a threat in the air, even against Celtics mammoth centre halves. After that he started to fade. He surely must start next week.

As the second half went on, we started sitting deeper and deeper, giving Celtic space and time to build moves, and had to resort to hoofball. Real backs to the wall stuff. Sometimes you have to play ugly to get a result. I know I wasn't alone in the stands feeling relieved when the ball was played long, rather than a short hospital pass along the back.

Thought the referee had a poor game today. Some of the yellow cards he dished out were absolutely bonkers. It's a minor miracle that both teams finished the game with 11 men.

Very harsh on the paramedics. He clearly did not have a head injury, he wasn't having a heart attack, there was no need to sprint towards him. When they treated him they clearly gave him professional and competent treatment.

Harsh on the Paramedics ?? I think not, it was blatantly obvious that Brill was in a great deal of distress.

I wonder how you would have responded  if it had been you lying there? 

No need to sprint !   they looked as if they were going out for an afternoon stroll that is what riled myself and those around me, they would have moved quicker on a pub crawl.

• Agree 1

Harsh on the Paramedics ?? I think not, it was blatantly obvious that Brill was in a great deal of distress.

No need to sprint !   they looked as if they were going out for an afternoon stroll that is what riled myself and those around me, they would have moved quicker on a pub crawl.

Just to clarify they are Red Cross not paramedics

• Agree 1

I noted that the team physio ran down the line and waited for the referee to allow him onto the pitch despite Brill's urgent call for help.  Surely when a player is clearly badly hurt the physio's and medical teams must have the right to attend straight away as they do in rugby.  I can't help but think that this apparent need to wait for the referee's call is a consequence of all the feigned injuries from the all too many cheats in the game.

• Agree 3

Then, as people who volunteer their time for no reward, the criticism is all the more harsh and unreasonable...

• Agree 1

Is the process not that the player gets injured, then the ref stops play and allows on the physio/doctor then its for them to call on the stretcher? So in effect they dont respond until summoned - if not would they not just be running on every time a player goes down 'just in case'?

I was a Red Cross volunteer and find the slagging a bit harsh too, and the above comment sums it up. We have been on the park with a couple of guys down only to find one tying a bootlace. You have to wait until you are called on,normally by team physio. The handling Dean got was correct,he was not moved until his leg was immobilised and he was given entonox for pain relief,not just oxygen as some people reported. So give the Red Cross guys a break, its not just football matches they attend,probably at a frozen motocross meet the following day. So it is not done for monetary reward either. Would the ones pointing fingers do any better.

• Agree 6

Having had a very serious emergency a couple of years ago, at Aberdeen, when similar Red Cross volunteers were required to attend to my nephew, and found wanting, because their "mobiles had not been charged" and thus they could not call on the Doctor required, if it was not for Naelifts my nephew could have died or been seriously brain damaged.    Since then I have had no faith in volunteers and had had full training in emergency first aid and would be able to help my nephew, or any other fan, in any future situation.    My eternal thanks to Naelifts, if it wasn't for him that day, Aberdeen FC would have been in very serious trouble.  I believe, since then, all mobiles for first aiders etc at football stadiums have to be checked and I do hope this continues for the future.   However, I do think those on Saturday were a bit slow to attend to Dean, who was obviously in severe pain.  

Only the club, SFA or Dean himself have the right to criticise the speed and behaviour of the medical cover - not the fans as in no way is anyone on here part of the contingency plans put in place or involved in developing the protocol across football (or other sporting events).

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 2

Only the club, SFA or Dean himself have the right to criticise the speed and behaviour of the medical cover - not the fans as in no way is anyone on here part of the contingency plans put in place or involved in developing the protocol across football (or other sporting events).

I think in the case of Lizis post above fans do have the right to comment. As she says the response of the first aiders that day at Aberdeen was woeful. Everyone in our crowd was screaming at them to hurry up and they continued to saunter up the stand steps slowly. I'm sorry the response that day was undefendable imho.

I'm surprised that clubs don't have to employ qualified paramedics on matchdays tbh. There was an emergency ambulance at the North stand as on all big match days but guess that's for spectators?

• Agree 1

Fans have an absolute right to comment.  I absolutely understand the natural tendency to defend volunteer first aiders, but I would have to agree with those who thought the response slow. There was a reason for it - four of the responders who  were in attendance were clearly far too overweight and overburdened by their needless heavy waterproofs to get there any quicker to what I can assure you is an exquisitely painful injury that requires rapid intervention. That might sound harsh but there's no judgement attached to it, just an objective observation.

In a wider context, DD probably has this one right there should be a mechanism to get help on quickly when warranted and to be fair no one would complain if it was done now. Limiting it to "head injuries and heart attacks" is however (and I quote) a bit "harsh and unreasonable" though.

• Agree 2

Pity that I wasn't there. I would have vaulted over and calmed him with my compassionate, soothing counselling style.

Ask him how it felt in an unconditional positive regard kinda way? :tongueincheek: Mind you, I would have paid to see you vault the wall!

Fans have an absolute right to comment.  I absolutely understand the natural tendency to defend volunteer first aiders, but I would have to agree with those who thought the response slow. There was a reason for it - four of the responders who  were in attendance were clearly far too overweight and overburdened by their needless heavy waterproofs to get there any quicker to what I can assure you is an exquisitely painful injury that requires rapid intervention. That might sound harsh but there's no judgement attached to it, just an objective observation.

In a wider context, DD probably has this one right there should be a mechanism to get help on quickly when warranted and to be fair no one would complain if it was done now. Limiting it to "head injuries and heart attacks" is however (and I quote) a bit "harsh and unreasonable" though.

I have to say that being critical of the first aiders on the basis of their weight is bordering on being offensive. The Red Cross clearly thought they were fit enough and competent enough to be there.

• Agree 1

I don't think many of us on here (me included) would give up a Saturday afternoon to volunteer as a First Aider at any level of football.

Professional help is one thing, paying for it with crowds of 3500 another.

Thankfully these incidents are few and far between at football games, but I expect volunteer numbers and response time will get better as the 'can do betters' go out and show how it should be done.

• Agree 1

Fans have an absolute right to comment. I absolutely understand the natural tendency to defend volunteer first aiders, but I would have to agree with those who thought the response slow. There was a reason for it - four of the responders who were in attendance were clearly far too overweight and overburdened by their needless heavy waterproofs to get there any quicker to what I can assure you is an exquisitely painful injury that requires rapid intervention. That might sound harsh but there's no judgement attached to it, just an objective observation.

I have to say that being critical of the first aiders on the basis of their weight is bordering on being offensive. The Red Cross clearly thought they were fit enough and competent enough to be there.

Don't know about the first aiders and I'm certainly not the slimmest guy but there are some stewards at the North Stand who are grossly obese and I've no idea how they could respond quickly in an emergency.