Highland Football Academy

The Football Academy is in effect a partnership between ICT, RCFC and the Highland Council.

Are you referring to the Dingwall or Charleston facilities. Certainly the Charleston academy is used a significant amount by the Development team as well as others such as Clach Development sides.

Not sure how much we use the indoor facilities however these are available to ICT as much as to RC.

Indoor facilities are used by some of the development squads every week. HOWEVER, ICT certainly got the short straw wrt the Highland Football Academy: The indoor facilities are what we really need and it's crazy having to send squads on a 30 mile round trip to get access to them. Added to this, RC clearly see these facilities as "theirs" (reference MacGregor's Sportscene piece this year). Indoor facilities are desperately needed in Inverness.

• Agree 1

PS - the Charleston Astro is now outdated and can't even be used for development squad matches without an expensive SFA inspection. Millburn Academy, Milton of Leys PS and (soon) IRA are much more attractive options.

The first teams, U20's and i believe 17's have all been using the millburn astro for last season and a half, while at the charleston indoor it's mainly used for independent people i.e. school, other teams so youth and street league while also having a lot of young kids training there. The astro is used for the ICT youth to train on as well as clach use it as well sometimes. In the past U17's and below played on the grass pitches behind charleston not sure if they still do or not.

2 hours ago, PerfICT said:

Indoor facilities are used by some of the development squads every week. HOWEVER, ICT certainly got the short straw wrt the Highland Football Academy: The indoor facilities are what we really need and it's crazy having to send squads on a 30 mile round trip to get access to them. Added to this, RC clearly see these facilities as "theirs" (reference MacGregor's Sportscene piece this year). Indoor facilities are desperately needed in Inverness.

I vaguely remember Uncle Roy showing somebody round the stadium and neatly moving on to the Academy without making any attempt to correct the impression that it was all theirs. May have been Pr*ck Young but it certainly wasn't this year or even 2015 :lol:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, caleydawson said:

The first teams, U20's and i believe 17's have all been using the millburn astro for last season and a half, while at the charleston indoor it's mainly used for independent people i.e. school, other teams so youth and street league while also having a lot of young kids training there. The astro is used for the ICT youth to train on as well as clach use it as well sometimes. In the past U17's and below played on the grass pitches behind charleston not sure if they still do or not.

Yes, I think all the development squads (u11-17) play on the grass pitches at Charleston. U11s and 12s used to play their 7-a-side matches on Charleston Astro, but SFA regs have made them move to the grass pitches too. Development squads train at a mixture of Charleston Astro, Highland footie Academy (indoor), Millburn Astro, IRA (indoor) and Milton of Leys Primary School astro. Indoor facilities at this time of year are a must - multiple training cancellations due to poor weather.