Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A welcome point, and hopefully things are looking up. Next week's game is irrelevant in the scheme of things, it is Dundee on the 24th that matters.

Quite tight still in the league, and the last two games have shown that we are more than capable of getting a mid table finish.

Good to hear McKay did well and Meekings was alongside Warren still. Draper is our key man, but can anyone who was at the game advise how Tansey and Poleorth did today?

If Vigurs keeps scoring I'm all for him continuing to start!

No sign of Cole though, short of match fitness?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

**** Off! We generally have the worst fans in the Scotland! You do realise we get slated from other teams when we sit in silence? ohh! but its fine! we get praised from you boring twats for 'behaving'

The inflammatory and overzealous behaviour of the Pittodrie stewards on Saturday is something which the club should be investigating.  There was absolutely no need for the stewards to react in the way

BOOM

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

A welcome point, and hopefully things are looking up. Next week's game is irrelevant in the scheme of things, it is Dundee on the 24th that matters.

Quite tight still in the league, and the last two games have shown that we are more than capable of getting a mid table finish.

Good to hear McKay did well and Meekings was alongside Warren still. Draper is our key man, but can anyone who was at the game advise how Tansey and Poleorth did today?

If Vigurs keeps scoring I'm all for him continuing to start!

No sign of Cole though, short of match fitness?

 

 

Tansey actually showed a big improvement today, fought for the ball and played some really clever  link up play.... Polworth was pretty poor, very clumsy and slow to make decisions resulting in loss of possession far too often. His shot at goal, albeit a fluke to fall to him where it did should have been dealt with better than it was, given the time he had 

Edited by CableGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit OTT from stewards considering the crowd control issue only consisted of 20 exuberant youths immediately after

ICT equalised!  Hate to think what they need to do with 2000 Glasgow fans.

Shame for that to tarnish a good team performance, don't want to be negative towards any player, but yes Doran was a breath

of fresh air when he came on and Brad Mackay had an impressive enough debut at right back.

Aberdeen were there to be beaten today, their fans must have been disappointed.

Rooney was invisible probably thanks to Warren/Meekings

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ten4 said:

Bit OTT from stewards considering the crowd control issue only consisted of 20 exuberant youths immediately after

ICT equalised!  Hate to think what they need to do with 2000 Glasgow fans.

Shame for that to tarnish a good team performance, don't want to be negative towards any player, but yes Doran was a breath

of fresh air when he came on and Brad Mackay had an impressive enough debut at right back.

Aberdeen were there to be beaten today, their fans must have been disappointed.

Rooney was invisible probably thanks to Warren/Meekings

 

 

Don't worry, they would do absolutely nothing.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoroughly spirited performance deserving of a point. A bit unlucky with Aberdeen goal given apparent foul on Polworth in build-up. Really fabulous goal from Vigurs although the rest of his play often seemed laboured and failed to exploit gaps in Aberdeen shape. Goal celebrations dampened by completely ridiculous OTT stewarding ... what are fans meant to do in a goal celebration ... just sit back and give clap hands a few times?! McKay an excellent addition in defence and much more threatening than Raven going forward. Defence gave their all for the cause, special mention to Tremarco. Tansey much more driven and creative. Draper covered every inch. Fisher ran his heart out but would like to have seen Doumbouya on earlier ... great physical presence. Polworth possibly unfairly criticised above (yes he on occasion lost possession but often looked our most menacing runner going forward and his shot against the bar was a decent effort that came to him fairly quickly after what I thought was a little push by Hayes on Draper in the box missed by the ref). Doran showed quick feet and sharpness when he came on. Poor ref performance ... too often an Aberdeen player would lose possession and just fall over in the knowledge they'd be rewarded with a free kick. Could have  won it today in the end although very fortunate not to lose a 2nd immediately after the 1st through obvious frustration and consequent lack of concentration leading to a speedy counter-attack (definitely where Aberdeen were most dangerous today). If we continue to show that grit, we will rise up the table (after next week lol!) and this inauspicious start may discounted as a brief return to the early season form we typically showed in years gone by while coming up the leagues. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take a point at pittoddrie, but to be honest Aberdeen were there for the taking. 

Thought that Brad Mckay had a good game at right back, and overall the defence looked quite solid. We created some decent chances - Polworth hit the bar , and Draper sliced wide when all he had to do was hit the target. I didn't see how close the Draper shot at the start of the second half was - was still waiting while the tea kiosk served 1 customer an hour. The equaliser was an absolute peach though.

There was a hint of offside from Rooney at their goal, and it certainly looked like a foul in the build up.

We definitely showed some grit today, which was good to see. If we can get Doran back starting, that might give us the creative spark we are still missing. 

The ref gave them absolutely everything today - I was pleased to see Foran on having a word at half-time. The criteria for bookings seemed completely different for both teams. Given the focus on simulation, I am surprised that the media don't mention how easily and dramatically Aberdeen players go down. 

So a good point away from home, and that's us off the bottom. Onwards and upwards, but next week will be tough. 

Still don't get the Aberdeen love in though. They aren't really that good, although, to be fair that lad they got on loan from Norwich looks a good player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Sad to see the antics of the younger fans or 'singing section' today, abuse shouted about Shinnie and cheering his injury, arguing with stewards then on leaving the stadium throwing metal secuirty barriers and signs about, then shouting abuse at Aberdeen fans (including those with children) on the walk back into town. When I approached one of them regarding throwing barriers around suggesting its not a good image for our club I was told 'we dont care'. Well I do, this club has worked hard and I believe have a good relationship with all rival fans therefore dont want this to start being affected by the minority or having fans put off attending away games. While some may say its only barriers and signs or just fun, I see it as a lack of respect of others property and surroundings, so after issues with behaviour at the St J game and now this, its maybe time to reign the behaviour back in as its not welcome.

i dont know what happened to instigate the issues with the stewards after the equaliser, BUT i suspect if they were left to get on with it, then the following nonsense wouldn't have happened, or at least not to the same degree.

just be thankful they didnt act the same as The Rangers fans, who clearly take a defeat well...

Image result for rangers fans destroy celtic park

Image result for rangers fans destroy celtic park

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

The criteria for bookings seemed completely different for both teams. Given the focus on simulation, I am surprised that the media don't mention how easily and dramatically Aberdeen players go down. 

shhh....don't talk about diving, someone might highlight Drapes clear 9.0! 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Overall a good performance, I thought Aberdeen created a bit more in the final third and had a few really good chances but our defence held strong and are starting to look a lot more composed unit, MacKay at RB is an improvement on Horner and the faltering Raven, he could make that his permanent position going forwards. Another great Draper performance today and a fantastic finish from Vigurs, although I do still feel he is slow at build up play and often stops the game too dead and brings pace out of our attacks at times. Good to see Doran come on and he certainly showed some good touches. Definately signs of improvement although Celtic may be a much stronger test that the Dons, where the strength and ariel ability of Doumbaye may edge it over Fisher but today both played well.

Sad to see the antics of the younger fans or 'singing section' today, abuse shouted about Shinnie and cheering his injury, arguing with stewards then on leaving the stadium throwing metal secuirty barriers and signs about, then shouting abuse at Aberdeen fans (including those with children) on the walk back into town. When I approached one of them regarding throwing barriers around suggesting its not a good image for our club I was told 'we dont care'. Well I do, this club has worked hard and I believe have a good relationship with all rival fans therefore dont want this to start being affected by the minority or having fans put off attending away games. While some may say its only barriers and signs or just fun, I see it as a lack of respect of others property and surroundings, so after issues with behaviour at the St J game and now this, its maybe time to reign the behaviour back in as its not welcome.

Fair report, I think. Mckay had a good debut - I hadn't realised he could play RB as well as CH, sensible signing from Foran - and Tremarco also played well. Agree about Vigurs too - before he pinged in that fantastic shot, I was screaming for Foran to hook him after his umpteenth misplaced forward pass; sometimes it looked like he wasn't even looking up before passing. He does have that ability pull a goal out of nowhere though, and in a team that still looks like it's going to struggle to create and score many chances, that is a valuable asset. The most encouraging thing for me was the way we competed throughout and never let Aberdeen get control of the game: having been at the Partick, County, Alloa and Hearts games, but not the St Johnstone one, I was worried by how uncharacteristically meek and off the pace we looked, but yesterday we were pretty commanding in the centre of the park and closed down well.

Although I would never boo him myself, I don't think the Shinnie booing was terribly serious, and the 'You're just a **** Carl Tremarco' made me laugh. The other stuff you mention is poor though: the stewards were ridiculously OTT after the equaliser, which just succeeded in winding up the supporters, but that doesn't justify it, and it's not something I've seen before; hopefully it doesn't start creeping in, as I do like the fact that we can, at almost every away game, go into the same pubs and mingle with opposing supporters without any bother.       

  • Agree 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ictsince94 - we know rangers fans are scum, new club same knuckle dragging support but let's not say any unsavoury behaviour from our fans is ok cos it's not as bad as others. Irrespective of any issues in the ground with stewards they need to get over it and not instigate petty actions of retribution. Not denying as we are a small band of away support it makes it easy for stewards at any ground to single out and seem they take more action than against much larger groups of visiting fans but we are all there to pay and enjoy the game for 90 mins so just accept their instructions and get on with it, not worth getting anyone ejected because they disagree with the authorities in place or creating a scene which affects our reputation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the full Alba highlights on catch up.   Not a bad performance at all.  Yes, Aberdeen had most of the possession, and there were a few worrying moments towards the end, but generally our defence coped well.  We looked dangerous on occasions going forward, more direct than Aberdeen, and the equaliser was a thing of beauty, and well deserved. Draper immense again.

Roll on the first of the ugly sisters next week.  I think its time we gave them another spanking.

Onwards and upwards

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the Alba highlights and agree that Aberdeen were beatable yesterday, don't think we merited all the yellow cards and the Aberdeen players going down at every tackle was shameful. Vigurs goal was a cracker though, and shut up the 3 sheepies sitting next to me in our mess room. A draw is bragging rights for me and keeps the unbeaten run against the sheep going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Fair report, I think. Mckay had a good debut - I hadn't realised he could play RB as well as CH, sensible signing from Foran - and Tremarco also played well. Agree about Vigurs too - before he pinged in that fantastic shot, I was screaming for Foran to hook him after his umpteenth misplaced forward pass; sometimes it looked like he wasn't even looking up before passing. He does have that ability pull a goal out of nowhere though, and in a team that still looks like it's going to struggle to create and score many chances, that is a valuable asset. The most encouraging thing for me was the way we competed throughout and never let Aberdeen get control of the game: having been at the Partick, County, Alloa and Hearts games, but not the St Johnstone one, I was worried by how uncharacteristically meek and off the pace we looked, but yesterday we were pretty commanding in the centre of the park and closed down well.

Although I would never boo him myself, I don't think the Shinnie booing was terribly serious, and the 'You're just a **** Carl Tremarco' made me laugh. The other stuff you mention is poor though: the stewards were ridiculously OTT after the equaliser, which just succeeded in winding up the supporters, but that doesn't justify it, and it's not something I've seen before; hopefully it doesn't start creeping in, as I do like the fact that we can, at almost every away game, go into the same pubs and mingle with opposing supporters without any bother.       

Aye remember the sad wee bluenose slinking out The Bobbin at full time yesterday :laugh:

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Ictsince94 - we know rangers fans are scum, new club same knuckle dragging support but let's not say any unsavoury behaviour from our fans is ok cos it's not as bad as others. Irrespective of any issues in the ground with stewards they need to get over it and not instigate petty actions of retribution. Not denying as we are a small band of away support it makes it easy for stewards at any ground to single out and seem they take more action than against much larger groups of visiting fans but we are all there to pay and enjoy the game for 90 mins so just accept their instructions and get on with it, not worth getting anyone ejected because they disagree with the authorities in place or creating a scene which affects our reputation. 

Slightly off topic on yesterdays game but after the Ross County game, there were a group of 12 to 15 young fans (between 14 and 16 years old perhaps), trying to goad their fans into a fight. When I told them to grow up and behave, they started challenging me to a fight despite the fact I was clearly dressed in ICT colours. Basically told them to come back when they were old enough but they continued with abuse as I walked away. I sam the same "gang" after the St Johnstone game trying to do the same.

Worrying if these idiots drag our good name down and wonder if they were the same "idiots" as yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Slightly off topic on yesterdays game but after the Ross County game, there were a group of 12 to 15 young fans (between 14 and 16 years old perhaps), trying to goad their fans into a fight. When I told them to grow up and behave, they started challenging me to a fight despite the fact I was clearly dressed in ICT colours. Basically told them to come back when they were old enough but they continued with abuse as I walked away. I sam the same "gang" after the St Johnstone game trying to do the same.

Worrying if these idiots drag our good name down and wonder if they were the same "idiots" as yesterday.

For a minute I thought you were at yesterdays Ross County game in your ICT strip:crazy:

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Slightly off topic on yesterdays game but after the Ross County game, there were a group of 12 to 15 young fans (between 14 and 16 years old perhaps), trying to goad their fans into a fight. When I told them to grow up and behave, they started challenging me to a fight despite the fact I was clearly dressed in ICT colours. Basically told them to come back when they were old enough but they continued with abuse as I walked away. I sam the same "gang" after the St Johnstone game trying to do the same.

Worrying if these idiots drag our good name down and wonder if they were the same "idiots" as yesterday.

Funny isn't it how some fans get so into their football team so much that they think that goading opposing fans makes them more of a supporter. 

If you want to be a 'bigger fan' get in touch with the club and see if they could do with a hand with anything.

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Funny isn't it how some fans get so into their football team so much that they think that goading opposing fans makes them more of a supporter. 

If you want to be a 'bigger fan' get in touch with the club and see if they could do with a hand with anything.

These "boys" and they were boys, were absolutely steaming. Whatever it was they got hauled out for initially they were standing beside me trying to argue their case to the stewards but barely able to slur 2 words together. Obviously that can of shandy on train across,  played havoc with their cerebral capacity and ability to act like a civilised sensible ICT supporter.  One of them on the way out was very fortunate not to get a sore face from me for throwing a barrier very close to where my 7 year old was walking 

Edited by CableGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to watching the Alba highlights and good to put another point in the table piggy bank.

Absolutely no pressure at all on the team going into the Celtic match.

However it's been a little over 4 years since Celtic have beaten us following an away European tie. Would be good to keep the run going a little longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

However it's been a little over 4 years since Celtic have beaten us following an away European tie. Would be good to keep the run going a little longer.

Good point 12th Man, we can always hope for something next week although I think we will be very lucky to even get a point!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IBM said:

Good point 12th Man, we can always hope for something next week although I think we will be very lucky to even get a point!

We've got a better defence than The Rangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Scotty locked this topic
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy