Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO COVERAGE
LIVE TEXT (ONLINE)
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2019-04-13_6-53-52.png
Tweets by @ICTFC

Walsh seems to be pulling out of challenges up top and Rooney weak at the back but other than that we are doing ok. Ridgers only two saves to make. Some neat passing in midfield but no final product (yet)

Mulraney seems to be having a decent game (unfortunately) and Ikpeazu is big and strong. We seem to be bouncing off him anytime we challenge him. .... Described at half-time as a bulldozer. that seems to be about right 

Edited by Scotty

Disappointing but not surprising 2nd half so far. The difference in league positions is showing now. Unfortunately our season long inability to defend cross balls and total lack of a competent right back has been our undoing again but lets face it, who at the start of the season would have thought we would be in the Cup semi final? 

Obviously would have loved to win and have another final, but playing against better players both technically and physically was gonna be tough. Another good run and eyes to the league again for the playoffs. Good effort in the cup this year boys. Let’s try again next.

• Like 1

I have said this before - how many times have we conceded within five minutes of the restart?  I'm convinced they get Mogadon in their tea.

We had Hearts rattled for a few minutes in the second half, at 1-0, but then there was the stoppage for Walsh.  And then we conceded immediately after that restart.

37 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

A bit extra money in the coffers for nxt season I suppose eh and still play offs to look forward to

Be lucky if the money from this game keeps us going full stop.   Just back in the coach heading north and disappointed we didn't get a goal. Rooney was poor and the lack of quality up front showed.   Play off place now the big target.

In all fairness, despite the loss, it was still enjoyable, and will go down in the club's history. Back on that cold night in November at Ainslie Park, I can firmly and confidently say that not a single soul who was there, had the word "Hampden" on their minds. We far exceeded ourselves, and on the bright side, we can focus on our play off attempt, and return back to the top.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Back on that cold night in November at Ainslie Park, I can firmly and confidently say that not a single soul who was there, had the word "Hampden" on their minds.

Apart from the City fans who had a league game there shortly afterwards. ?

25 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Few of us expected to win today but what's disappointing is the performance and the number of unforced errors.

I totally expected us to win we rolled over to hearts let them bully us! Hearts are no great shakes remind me of the old Wimbledon team I'm gutted bout the loss and 2nd half performance not 2 mention the £20 on 2-1 with Doran as 1st scorer at 100-1!!!

• Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Be lucky if the money from this game keeps us going full stop.   Just back in the coach heading north and disappointed we didn't get a goal. Rooney was poor and the lack of quality up front showed.   Play off place now the big target.

Been poor up top all season tho White has improved marginally! Hopefully get promoted and a heavy loss like this hasn't dented the confidence to much!

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

I totally expected us to win we rolled over to hearts let them bully us! Hearts are no great shakes remind me of the old Wimbledon team I'm gutted bout the loss and 2nd half performance not 2 mention the £20 on 2-1 with Doran as 1st scorer at 100-1!!!

What a ridiculous post. The second half was a bit disappointing and we defended poorly but there is nothing new there.

Folk seem to be overlooking the fact that Hearts have a player budget almost six times ours.

• Agree 2

Disappointing result and sorry now I didn't make the trip - can only travel up the once so was saving it for the final as, yes, I was fairly confident we would win this one despite the massive gap between us. Still proud of their achievement in getting to the semi and the play-offs considering all the early season issues. Could still be another memorable season!

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic