Sign in to follow this  
Inverwegian

2019/2020 kits

Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard anything about either the kits for next season or the special 25th anniversary one that was mentioned ages ago?

I could be wrong (and frequently am) but I’m sure they’d been released this time last year.

I’m assuming we’re still trying to find a sponsor since it was mentioned that McEwan Fraser would not be renewing their sponsorship. 

Anyone got any info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fitting 25th anniversary shirt would ignore Thistle colours completely and be sponsored by Macrae & Dick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah. As per, their media team have been all quiet on their front, and don't release any info to the fans until last minute. But I'm sensing the kits will be released mid/late June, just ahead of our Pre-season.

However, I'm hoping they pull off a one off kit of both Caledonian's and Thistle's final home kits, with the same sponsors as those kits. Maybe throwing a special limited edition 3rd kit exclusively for season ticket holders with the names of ticket holders of past to last season, kinda like what Hearts did after their saving from Liquidation. Would see it being pretty boring as a plain blue one reading "ICT 25" as the home kit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

A fitting 25th anniversary shirt would ignore Thistle colours completely and be sponsored by Macrae & Dick. 

I looked into this just out of curiosity thinking it would be really smart for a Caledonian style Home shirt sponsored by Parks (Im sure they bought over Macrae and Dick?) And a black and red away shirt sponsored by Tomatin. 

Home shirt similar to the 2016-17 season.

Away top black and red like the 2013-2014 top (modelled by the hero that is Richie Foran! 😉

If Caley do it that way I'll be making the drive up to get one on the day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BallisticSheriff said:

I looked into this just out of curiosity thinking it would be really smart for a Caledonian style Home shirt sponsored by Parks (Im sure they bought over Macrae and Dick?) And a black and red away shirt sponsored by Tomatin. 

Home shirt similar to the 2016-17 season.

Away top black and red like the 2013-2014 top (modelled by the hero that is Richie Foran! 😉

If Caley do it that way I'll be making the drive up to get one on the day!

Might reverse the home and away kits ! Other than that, a great idea.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Did we not have names on our black top a few seasons ago?

Yeah fans paid for the privilege. But here’s another idea for the anniversary- incorporate into the material the names of all the players to have appeared in the last 25 years. A variation on Where’s Wally!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Yeah fans paid for the privilege. But here’s another idea for the anniversary- incorporate into the material the names of all the players to have appeared in the last 25 years. A variation on Where’s Wally!

That's no way to speak about Marco de Barros!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take the red and black stripes from The Jaggies for the new top and the white shorts of caley for the new shorts, that sounds just perfect.

  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Might reverse the home and away kits ! Other than that, a great idea.

Cheers Kingsmills, Just out of interest can Alcohol companies still sponsor football teams? If not, then how about Citylink since the sponsored the team on their first season in 94? Of course it will be the company that makes the best offer to the club but it doesn't hurt for the club to put feelers out and see if a deal can be reached. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BallisticSheriff said:

Cheers Kingsmills, Just out of interest can Alcohol companies still sponsor football teams? If not, then how about Citylink since the sponsored the team on their first season in 94? Of course it will be the company that makes the best offer to the club but it doesn't hurt for the club to put feelers out and see if a deal can be reached. 

Pretty sure people were complaining about it when Carling and Tennants sponsored the Old Firm a couple years back saying it's an influence on children and whatnot, but I don't recall any ban going out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Children's strips were made without a sponsor when it was alcohol companies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.