FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ferguson Out

1 hour ago, Hiro said:

I'm not calling for the managers head however the longer things go on the worse we get.

If you remove the new manager bounce where we picked up 12 points from 7 matches we've then picked up just 11 points from our next 12 which is relegation form.  Since we were able to make signings on January our point per game has been decreasing, we've come out of January with a weaker squad than the one that started the month.  The board and manager need to take the blame for that.

Our last wins v Ayr and Raith also came with Carson and Welsh (Raith only) playing.  Read into that what you will.

• Like 1

It's clear the Jan remit was to reduce playing costs, where experienced and high earning players along with those not contributing were punted. Bring in youth from down south on loan from bigger clubs where we are unlikely to pay much if any towards wages.

Dunc may well be a scapegoat here and the signings may be more a case of what we can get rather than what we really needed.

Who and where are fans expecting quality and experience to come from when the club aren't able to spend the funds to match? We haven't missed out on quality players as its clear we were never approaching any.

As for playing the loan players, it would not be a shock if the deals and lack of contributing financially means parent clubs have made the call they need to play or it costs (more).

• Disagree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Thoughtful 1

The core issue is that the club has been mismanaged off field to the worrying extent that our mere existence is at risk. I suspect that Dunc was CEO showboating and always short term in nature or basically deflect the fan attention to the footballing aspect and allow the real clowns to feck things up. Feels like we are on a Traitor type game and the majority of the fan contestants have been duped and can't recognise who they are. Can you not imagine them in the turret laughing at us and planning more self-preservation plans. 🤡

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

22 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The core issue is that the club has been mismanaged off field to the worrying extent that our mere existence is at risk. I suspect that Dunc was CEO showboating and always short term in nature or basically deflect the fan attention to the footballing aspect and allow the real clowns to feck things up. Feels like we are on a Traitor type game and the majority of the fan contestants have been duped and can't recognise who they are. Can you not imagine them in the turret laughing at us and planning more self-preservation plans. 🤡

They need pushed out , One especially who has done hehaw for the club but cause financial problems and leaves a trail of destruction behind him . Board need to waken up and get rid . SG you’re not worth a minimum wage to this club . Never seen such a hated board director which in itself says it all . Majority of fans surely cannot be wrong . He’s holding on hoping the Battery project goes through and even if it did , Majority of that money will be sucked up pretty quickly lining his pockets . You won’t see him out of pocket that’s for sure . 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, caley1 said:

SG you’re not worth a minimum wage to this club . Never seen such a hated board director which in itself says it all . 

He’s not a board director. He is just an employee and is answerable to the board.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

24 minutes ago, caley1 said:

He’s holding on hoping the Battery project goes through and even if it did , Majority of that money will be sucked up pretty quickly lining his pockets . 

Can you back that up with anything?

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

He’s not a board director. He is just an employee and is answerable to the board.

and to the shareholders ... 

• Funny 1

This season is all about survival. We saw some hopeful signs in the first six games after Ferguson came in but we’ve struggled to pick up results since then.

We don’t know what remit he was given regarding the January transfer window but clearly the net impact has reduced our wage bill.

I think we’ve put too many of our younger players out on loan, as we could do with some of them now, and it would give them good experience. Ethan Cairns has been scoring for fun at Banks O’Dee and, whilst the Championship is a big step up, who’s to say he couldn’t be an impact sun for us? Similarly we were impressed by Keith Bray and Robbie Thompson earlier in the season, and both are playing for League 2 teams just now. They are options we don’t have because of their loans.

We again seem to have a disproportionate number of injuries. Some have been sheer bad luck (Samuel’s hand, for example), whereas other players seem very injury prone. Last night, Duffy, Shaw and Samuel had all been doubts, so may not have been fully fit. Shaw didn’t last the whole game and it looked like Duffy would need to come off after picking up a bad knock before half time.

At times we play well and are very competitive, but we tend to lack a cutting edge.

What I will say is that when we do score, there seems to be a good camaraderie between the players, whether signed or on loan.

Lets be realistic, we cannot afford to part with Ferguson, unless he himself wants to move on.

Whilst I’m worried about how this season will end (both on and off the park), I feel we should get behind Ferguson and the players, and do our bit to ensure we finish no worse than 8th.

It was sickening to read that some “fans” turned on Billy Mckay and his son last night. Yes he had a poor penalty saved, but he has been immense for the club over many years and does not deserve to be on the receiving end of abuse. Those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Whatever happens over the next 10 weeks or so, there is a major rebuild needed in the summer and potentially a chance for some of our promising youngsters to step up and become important players for us.

Lewis Nicolson will hopefully be fit for pre-season and ready to slot in at left back or left wing back, allowing Cammy Harper (if we still have him) to move into midfield. Bray, Cairns, Thompson, Jack Walker and others may be ready to step up. Who knows, we may even get MacGregor fit. I’m told our Under 18 squad is good so we need to develop our youngsters and hopefully get some transfer income for some in the years to come.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and to the shareholders ... 

The Board is answerable to the shareholders.

Our accounts are due tomorrow, so there should be an AGM date announced at some point in the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

It was sickening to read that some “fans” turned on Billy Mckay and his son last night. Yes he had a poor penalty saved, but he has been immense for the club over many years and does not deserve to be on the receiving end of abuse. Those involved should be ashamed of themselves.

We have form with this the last few years.

polworth was getting vicious abuse from some         “ fans” , so bad that he started back at them during the match.

vigurs got it when playing for other teams

last season I had a couple of mature “gentlemen” a few rows in front of me in the north stand giving Douglas Ross mp/ msp abuse . He was main stand linesman that day and they started on him every time he came down the line towards the corner flag shouting from the right side of north stand. Some others were having a laugh at the abuse but it wasn’t what our young fans should be hearing from guys old enough be their grandad.

I used to hear over the tannoy that anyone blah blah blah will be removed from the ground and the police may be involved.

Remind me why we have a security team at games?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

In modern day language if someone condones abuse does that make them complicit?

Considering how much the Tories have abused people in the UK I couldn't care less. 

Not even remotely in the ball park of an innocent child being harassed because his dad kicked a ball wrong. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 6

7 hours ago, Robert said:

The Board is answerable to the shareholders.

Our accounts are due tomorrow, so there should be an AGM date announced at some point in the foreseeable future. 

The last AGM was on 26th April 2023, and it was more than four months in default of the deadline stated in the company’s Articles of Association. This also means that there is no obligation to hold another one before 26th July 2024, and even that may be subject to further delay if there is another default.

• Thoughtful 1

7 hours ago, Robert said:

This season is all about survival. We saw some hopeful signs in the first six games after Ferguson came in but we’ve struggled to pick up results since then.

We don’t know what remit he was given regarding the January transfer window but clearly the net impact has reduced our wage bill.

I think we’ve put too many of our younger players out on loan, as we could do with some of them now, and it would give them good experience. Ethan Cairns has been scoring for fun at Banks O’Dee and, whilst the Championship is a big step up, who’s to say he couldn’t be an impact sun for us? Similarly we were impressed by Keith Bray and Robbie Thompson earlier in the season, and both are playing for League 2 teams just now. They are options we don’t have because of their loans.

We again seem to have a disproportionate number of injuries. Some have been sheer bad luck (Samuel’s hand, for example), whereas other players seem very injury prone. Last night, Duffy, Shaw and Samuel had all been doubts, so may not have been fully fit. Shaw didn’t last the whole game and it looked like Duffy would need to come off after picking up a bad knock before half time.

At times we play well and are very competitive, but we tend to lack a cutting edge.

What I will say is that when we do score, there seems to be a good camaraderie between the players, whether signed or on loan.

Lets be realistic, we cannot afford to part with Ferguson, unless he himself wants to move on.

Whilst I’m worried about how this season will end (both on and off the park), I feel we should get behind Ferguson and the players, and do our bit to ensure we finish no worse than 8th.

Whatever happens over the next 10 weeks or so, there is a major rebuild needed in the summer and potentially a chance for some of our promising youngsters to step up and become important players for us.

Lewis Nicolson will hopefully be fit for pre-season and ready to slot in at left back or left wing back, allowing Cammy Harper (if we still have him) to move into midfield. Bray, Cairns, Thompson, Jack Walker and others may be ready to step up. Who knows, we may even get MacGregor fit. I’m told our Under 18 squad is good so we need to develop our youngsters and hopefully get some transfer income for some in the years to come.

Well if our under 18s are good then that's a positive to take into next season no matter what league we're in :). It would maybe make the rebuild job a wee bit easier than it would if they have not been performing and showing the manager that their worthy of getting signed up, in fact I would imagine most of who you name checked will be in the first team next season with a select few from the first team retained but I really can't name check who these would be, I'd imagine Ridgers and Harper would be 2 and perhaps McKay if he's contracted until then (I will have to check the squad update thread to see who we have signed beyond June this year).

I also understand that regarding Duncan Ferguson and I was aware of that when I posted last night, I was just stating my opinion on how things have gone since his appointment, I also don't think it would be fair on him if we did sack him so early into his reign, I always moan when I see managers get punted so early into their reigns, the last one being Michael Beale because what was he supposed to do in the timeframe he was at Sunderland for, they'd have been as well giving him the rest of the season and make a decision then so that's what I would assume our board would do and tbh I don't think Duncan would resign as he seems to like the area, I know most of our managers have said that and either left for other jobs or got sacked.

I really hope we get a good performance on Saturday and win too at least give us a chance!

10 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

The last AGM was on 26th April 2023, and it was more than four months in default of the deadline stated in the company’s Articles of Association. This also means that there is no obligation to hold another one before 26th July 2024, and even that may be subject to further delay if there is another default.

If they always leave a gap of 15 months between AGMs, they cease to be AGMs.  It would be 4 AGMs in 5 years.  My understanding is that the requirement in the Articles of Association to have an AGM means that there should be an AGM held in each financial year, i.e, between  1st June and 31st May.  The 15 month rule would therefore only come into play if the previous AGM had been held before the end of February last year - which it wasn't.  I think it needs to be held by the end of May in order to comply with the Articles of Association.

53 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I may get into a lot of trouble but I attach a correspondence sent by the CEO to Board members with instructions as to how to communicate with fans and where to keep them.

PXL_20240229_111319409.jpg

Ender you could also argue that you have unearthed an X-ray photo between Bannerman’s two ears 👂 👂 

Dougal

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

If they always leave a gap of 15 months between AGMs, they cease to be AGMs.  It would be 4 AGMs in 5 years.  My understanding is that the requirement in the Articles of Association to have an AGM means that there should be an AGM held in each financial year, i.e, between  1st June and 31st May.  The 15 month rule would therefore only come into play if the previous AGM had been held before the end of February last year - which it wasn't.  I think it needs to be held by the end of May in order to comply with the Articles of Association.

As I recollect, the Articles of Association say that there must be an AGM in each calendar year and that there must never be more than 15 months between them. The last one was 19 months after its predecessor and there was no AGM at all in 2022.

6 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

1 hour ago, Charles Bannerman said:

As I recollect, the Articles of Association say that there must be an AGM in each calendar year and that there must never be more than 15 months between them. The last one was 19 months after its predecessor and there was no AGM at all in 2022.

It comes across as if those in control don't know what they're doing.

But, of course, we know that cannot possibly be the case!

:sarcastic:

• Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...

Our last home win was November 11th  last year, against Ayr Utd.  That is a terrible statistic. Are we a team…… or bunch of individuals? A recent post on this site stated we only have 7 or 8 players under contract for next season. Will Ferguson get this bunch of predominantly loanees to scrape survival in the Championship???? Will he stay if we drop to L1 ?????

• Like 1
  • Agree 1