FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

In Dunc I TRUST

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Of that 10 players, only Ridgers, Mckay and Harper have escaped injury since Dunc came in. His first game at Arbroath: Lineup:  Ridgers; Carson, Ujdur, Boyes, Harper, Longstaff (Davidson 75), Gilmour, Anderson, Doran (Samuels 55), Shaw, B Mckay (Delaney 64)

Lucky to have Doran for that one as he flits in and out of injury. He also lost Carson, Ujdur, Boyes, Longstaff, Gilmour, Davidson, Samuels, Shaw. That leaves just the three.

For what it's worth, I see where IHE is coming from, but the buck stops with the off-field management team and that transmits down to Ferguson and Bollan.

Of course the buck has to be accepted by Dunc and Bollan as with any team. I really don't think that ANY other manager would have done any better. And what a load of ***** that Dunc was responsible for stalwarts leaving. If he keeps us up then it will be miracle in itself. And in regard to my "dogs of war" comment it refers to the term given to the Everton team that remarkably escaped relegation. I am simply saying that it is purely about pride, application and determination and Dunc has that in abundance. His summing ups appear more about detracting any blame from the players and trying to keep momentum and confidence going 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Of course the buck has to be accepted by Dunc and Bollan as with any team. I really don't think that ANY other manager would have done any better. And what a load of ***** that Dunc was responsible for stalwarts leaving. If he keeps us up then it will be miracle in itself. And in regard to my "dogs of war" comment it refers to the term given to the Everton team that remarkably escaped relegation. I am simply saying that it is purely about pride, application and determination and Dunc has that in abundance. His summing ups appear more about detracting any blame from the players and trying to keep momentum and confidence going 

He's definitely keeping the momentum going it's just unfortunate that our momentum is in the wrong direction.

Regardless of the reason for players leaving Ferguson is responsible for the replacements and signing predominantly defenders when our biggest issue is at the other end of the park is on him.

The only person he's trying to protect with his delusional post match comments is himself.

• Like 1

Not sure who is the bigger troll here?

Regardless, absolutely outstanding bait from both Big Dunc in his rambling nonsensical interview or the equally daft Infertile Green Brigader I tip my cap to both. 

When is the next circus due in town  two candidates to dance about the big top in the car park me thinks. 🤡 🤡 

Dougal

The more I see of him on the touchline I feel he is increasingly frustrated that as a player he could affect the outcome of games, whilst as a manager he has nothing to offer but menacingly glaring at officials.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 11:58 AM, bdu98196 said:

Are we really citing managers of teams only a few points ahead in the table with bang average results from better squads and more investment as saviours. You are being fooled by the media spin.

For the benefit of those who think options such as Davidson, Imrie or Brown would have been much better than Dunc.

Since Dunc arrived he's picked up 31 points, imrie 36 points, Ayr 32 points and QP only 27 points.

If someone has the time and wants to go look at the exact points per game of those managers - Davidson, Brown and Imrie - go ahead as I acknowledge they haven't all been in place the exact same number of games. However the clear indicators are that that are all pretty similar in terms of outcomes in this league - whether that's because you see them all as good or crap thats individual judgements but for me none exactly are standing out as options that would have brought massively different outcomes.

Also notable mentions to Dunfermline 30 points, Airdrie 33 points and Arbroath 11 points over the same timelines.

All of which makes the calls of Morton, Dunfermline and Airdrie having fantastic seasons at various stages over the season seem wild and very instantaneously focused.

Screenshot_20240403-213922_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20240403-213853_Firefox.jpg

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

For the benefit of those who think options such as Davidson, Imrie or Brown would have been much better than Dunc.

Since Dunc arrived he's picked up 31 points, imrie 36 points, Ayr 32 points and QP only 27 points.

If someone has the time and wants to go look at the exact points per game of those managers - Davidson, Brown and Imrie - go ahead as I acknowledge they haven't all been in place the exact same number of games. However the clear indicators are that that are all pretty similar in terms of outcomes in this league - whether that's because you see them all as good or crap thats individual judgements but for me none exactly are standing out as options that would have brought massively different outcomes.

Also notable mentions to Dunfermline 30 points, Airdrie 33 points and Arbroath 11 points over the same timelines.

All of which makes the calls of Morton, Dunfermline and Airdrie having fantastic seasons at various stages over the season seem wild and very instantaneously focused.

A good point, well made. We remain in 9th relegation playoff place and the others currently don’t . Even if we beat Arbroath on Saturday ( which I expect we will), we will still be 9th. 4 games left then to save the season. In Duncs we Trust?????????

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

A good point, well made. We remain in 9th relegation playoff place and the others currently don’t . Even if we beat Arbroath on Saturday ( which I expect we will), we will still be 9th. 4 games left then to save the season. In Duncs we Trust?????????

Well he’s had 20 odd games to claw back the 5 point difference and we’re now only 4 points behind. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Ferguson has been in charge for 25 league games and won 31 points. An average of 1.24 points per game (PPG).
Imrie has been with Morton all of the season, 30 games, amassing 40 points an average of 1.33 PPG.
Davidson has been in charge for 12 games, collecting 19 points from 12 games an average of 1.58 PPG.
Scott Brown has been in charge for 10 games, bagging 18 points, an average of 1.8 PPG.

So Ferguson is clearly performing the worst out of those 4 managers on a PPG basis.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

We haven't had a proper winger for the majority of the season, IMV that's basically the problem. But we do have a big strong battling CF in Samuels. Imagine him with Henderson on the wing.

Kerr as RB is defintely a step up from David Carson [and I like Carson, and its a shame he left as Right Midfield would be sorted] ...it's sods law and ironic that Welsh's replacement in Gilmour picked up a season ending injury. Fortunately Kerr has ably moved into CM and Duffy has come in and weighed in with a couple of important goals

Good to see Longstaff back, he just needs to put some decent crosses in for the next four games, only two teams have a better defensive record than us, so even a few extra goals will be the difference either avoiding the relegation play-offs or winning then.

After that who knows what happens next

As for next week, someone needs to kick Welsh just above the knee early in the game, just enough, so he spends the rest of it hobbling around.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 2