FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MARIUS NICULAE - WORK PERMIT REJECTED

darndarndarn

Signed, although we all knew the initial permit was going to be turned down. *fingers crossed for the appeal though*

having a quick look through the list it appears at least one person has signed it twice  :029: lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to make a BIG banner and stand in front of the Setanta cameras  :sillywave:

Thats a great idea I'm going to photoshop a photo of Marius with a Rangers top on and then put the words "Can he get a permit now?" below it.  That'll show them  :017:

Signed, although we all knew the initial permit was going to be turned down. *fingers crossed for the appeal though*

having a quick look through the list it appears at least one person has signed it twice  :029: lol

Guilty  :029:

Was having problems with my connection last night and it registered my entry twice.

I have to say that the confirmation of registration page is very unclear and may be leading to some of these double entries.

For anyone who hasn't registered their views on the petition, when it comes up with the page asking for a donation that means your signature HAS been recorded, pressing back on the browser and submitting again will cause a double entry.

I have signed it and also put a link to it on my bebo and some friends are going sign it to.

As said if it was an OF team the work permit would have been granted before the ink was even dry on his contract !!!

Calm down!

I'm sure the 75% rule is applied first and granted and rejected on that basis first. As he doesn't make that criteria, his was rejected. However, the club will now go back to prove that he is of sufficient quality to improve the squad and SPL. And lets be honest, proving that he is better than Graham Bayne won't be that hard!

An appeal will be heard, and it will be granted.

Oh, and Re: Hastings, he was already living in Inverness since he was a child and may even be a UK citizen so no work permit is required!

I've just realised that ICT signed an uncapped Richard Hastings with no problems and then resigned him with no problems so it's a disgrace what is happening to Niculae.  All I can say for now is thank goodness we managed to sign Dean McDonald.

Totally different. As far as I know, Richard was born in Canada but brought up in UK and doesnt require any permits.

Calm down!

I'm sure the 75% rule is applied first and granted and rejected on that basis first. As he doesn't make that criteria, his was rejected. However, the club will now go back to prove that he is of sufficient quality to improve the squad and SPL. And lets be honest, proving that he is better than Graham Bayne won't be that hard!

An appeal will be heard, and it will be granted.

Oh, and Re: Hastings, he was already living in Inverness since he was a child and may even be a UK citizen so no work permit is required!

Perhaps the reaction - and our hurried buttons with links to the petition - are because we are under the impression that the permit had already been rejected almost instantaneously because of the 75% rule .... not a month after we signed him !

Guest TinCanFan

I've just realised that ICT signed an uncapped Richard Hastings with no problems and then resigned him with no problems so it's a disgrace what is happening to Niculae.  All I can say for now is thank goodness we managed to sign Dean McDonald.

Totally different. As far as I know, Richard was born in Canada but brought up in UK and doesnt require any permits.

Oh well, that's alright then.  I didn't know Hastings had lived here before he played for ICT.

Maybe everyone should do something at the game tomorrow in support of Niculae.  Like a minutes silence or a constant chanting of his name for 90 minutes.  That could make people listen.

laugh.gif

Perhaps the reaction - and our hurried buttons with links to the petition - are because we are under the impression that the permit had already been rejected almost instantaneously because of the 75% rule .... not a month after we signed him !

I'm sure the Home Office have got a **** of a lot of applications to sift through, even Arsenal's application for Eduardo took weeks. It's probably more than a delay due to the high number of footballers arriving from abroad or changing clubs, as well as the usual applications from "normal" workers.

Am I not right in thinking Romania is a EU member now.  If so, why does Marius need a work permit?

Another question.......why do I have to pay ipetitions a minimum of $2 to sign the petition? 

You don't have to pay to sign the petition.  As I posted above, that screen is a bit confusing, when you get to it your signature has already been recorded and you do not need to make a donation.  iPetitions asks for donations to fund the running of the website, they are not compulsary.

Am I not right in thinking Romania is a EU member now.  If so, why does Marius need a work permit?

When Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU there were restrictions set on their movement for an initial period, think it was two years.

Like I said earlier banner(s) would seem like a good idea especially with the eyes of the world on us tomorrow. I'd make one myself if I had even the slightest artistic ability.

Best banner wins a work permit  :015:

My suggestion....

Save our Niculae

Even Sebo (insert picture of a donkey) got a permit!!

:023:

Guest caley till AYE die

every time i try to sign it it asks me to leave a donation with my credit card, as i am only 14 i dont have a credit card is there any of signing the petiton without leaving a donation?

You don't have to pay to sign the petition.  As I posted above, that screen is a bit confusing, when you get to it your signature has already been recorded and you do not need to make a donation.  iPetitions asks for donations to fund the running of the website, they are not compulsary.

Some of the posts on the petition site have to be seen to be believed  :010:

It's the whole "If it was Rangers/Celtic/Premiership team" thing that's just cringeworthy.  There also seems to be a lot of people who don't know the rules/law when it comes to all this.

Although it does appear that the petition thing is going to become the stardard ICT fans reaction to anything they don't like. (promotion/moving back to Inverness/signing section/work permits)

Mind you brightens up a Friday moning so it's not all bad.

Sorry to disagree Dave.  The home Office Regulations apply to ALL clubs and it would seem reasonable to ask the question why some larger clubs appear to have had work permits approved in circumstances similar to Marius. Now ,not that I would be one to start a conspiracy theory but.......you do wonder why things often seem less trouble free for larger names. Seems more like it is the Home Office who 'don't know the Rules/Law' when it comes to consistent application.

Not that I am mistrusting sod, but I also check my change in shops, lock my doors and ask for receipts for cash. I also believe that the Home Offices recent track record in efficiency rivals that of a chocolate teapot and it does no harm to ask questions of government departments.

:32: