FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager

Scotty

Of the candidates to emerge so far, who would you go for [more names may be added and you CAN change your vote]  

516 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brewster
    • Warnock
    • Malpas
    • Robertson
    • Pressley
    • Coyle

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may get the squad fitter again, but it don't matter how fit you are if your not getting the motivation.  Rossco commented himself on Brewsters departure that they were not liking training under Brewster.  Not because he worked them hard, but because they weren't allowed to enjoy themselves in any way shape or form on the training ground.  You could argue that they aren't there to enjoy themselves, but how many of us get p!ssed off when we don't enjoy our work?  In short, I doubt he would be the players choice.

Firstly I think that of the current shortlist he could well be the players choice.  I know the players didn't like Malky's training methods, but whoever put the training in place certainly improved fitness levels.  The players had to attend more gym sessions under Brewster and I don't think they were very keen at the time.  I think we can all see that improved fitness is required and I believe that Brew would sort that.  I hope that if he is appointed he would work with Parkie and then I think we would see a good balance. The players do have a lot of respect for Parkie.  I think the different backgrounds of Brew and Parkie would work, not sure if that would be the plan though.

He may get the squad fitter again, but it don't matter how fit you are if your not getting the motivation.  Rossco commented himself on Brewsters departure that they were not liking training under Brewster.  Not because he worked them hard, but because they weren't allowed to enjoy themselves in any way shape or form on the training ground.  You could argue that they aren't there to enjoy themselves, but how many of us get p!ssed off when we don't enjoy our work?  In short, I doubt he would be the players choice.

Firstly I think that of the current shortlist he could well be the players choice.  I know the players didn't like Malky's training methods, but whoever put the training in place certainly improved fitness levels.  The players had to attend more gym sessions under Brewster and I don't think they were very keen at the time.  I think we can all see that improved fitness is required and I believe that Brew would sort that.  I hope that if he is appointed he would work with Parkie and then I think we would see a good balance. The players do have a lot of respect for Parkie.  I think the different backgrounds of Brew and Parkie would work, not sure if that would be the plan though.

Sounds like we need to appoint a fitness coach rather than Brewster as a manager. OK he may get the team fitter (and they should already be fit as it is, they are professional footballers!!) but does that offset his lack of tactical skills?

Not sure what to make of the article in the P&J online this morning...

LINK

ok...so playing Devil's Advocate...If he (Brewster) would be the clubs choice and likely the players favourite.  Why aren't the club asking the players and instead asking the fans?

Pass - Can't quite work that one out.

From P&J Online......

BENNETT TALKS WITH EX-MANAGERS

08:50 - 22 August 2007

Caley Thistle director of football Graeme Bennett has already made contact with former managers Craig Brewster and John Robertson but no official moves to appoint Charlie Christie's successor will be made until today.

The SPL club will formally start the search for a new manager at a board meeting this morning following chairman Alan Savage's return from a business trip in Kazakhstan last night. Bennett hopes an appointment can be made this week.

He said: "We're aware that we have to get our skates on. We haven't set a specific deadline but we'd like to have someone in place by the weekend."

Former Caley Jags managers Brewster and Robertson along with Celtic defender Steven Pressley and former Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock are all in the running to succeed Christie, who resigned on Sunday due to the pressure of the job.

Bennett said the club has yet to draw up a shortlist for the post.

He said: "Although I am friendly with Brewster and Robertson, I have only been in communication with them by text, in which they said they were sorry about Charlie's departure.

"We have not talked to anyone about the job yet, although we are not ruling anyone out. It really depends on what comes out of today's board meeting, which we plan to use as a sounding board for the directors to air their views."

Brewster stressed that he was still under contract at Aberdeen and did not want to comment on the manager's job.

Robertson met with the Derry City board of directors yesterday to discuss his future and he is thought to be keen to return to the Highlands where he has a house.

Former Blades boss Warnock has indicated he would be interested in the post, while Celtic are keen to offload former Hearts captain Pressley, who has been offered to other SPL clubs.

ok...so playing Devil's Advocate...If he (Brewster) would be the clubs choice and likely the players favourite.  Why aren't the club asking the players and instead asking the fans?

looking at the clips of Warnock on You Tube it is understandable that the players could be a wee bit apprehensive if he comes here....  :010:

They all, or nearly all know where they stand with Brewster....  :004:

If the P&J article is to be believed then...

Robertson met with the Derry City board of directors yesterday to discuss his future and he is thought to be keen to return to the Highlands where he has a house.

He's not going to be very popular with them if he's wanting out after 6 weeks  :023:

Brewster stressed that he was still under contract at Aberdeen and did not want to comment on the manager's job.

Why is it all over the BBC website that he's desperate to return??

The entire media is completely full of bull$hit on this....

According to the Scotsman this morning, Savage flew in from Kazakhstan last night, he and the club's directors held a meeting with the supporters' trust, to discuss Christie's resignation, and the names of his potential replacement....!!

If only some of these reporters took the trouble to come on to this website, and read some of the posts, especially by the likes of The Immortal Howden Ender, they could be so much better informed..... :018:

The entire media is completely full of bull$hit on this....

According to the Scotsman this morning, Savage flew in from Kazakhstan last night, he and the club's directors held a meeting with the supporters' trust, to discuss Christie's resignation, and the names of his potential replacement....!!

If only some of these reporters took the trouble to come on to this website, and read some of the posts, especially by the likes of The Immortal Howden Ender, they could be so much better informed..... :018:

Story isn't wrong, just the timing that's a bit askew.  Are you coming to the meeting tonight Johnboy?

Don't know why we're having all the faffing about - getting Warnock is surely a no-brainer!!!

If he turns it down then it has to be Pressley because of the job he can do for us on the pitch, or Coyle if we're desperate. I don't think we could ever be desperate enough to have Brew back and don't even get me started on Malpas  :crazy07:

Thanks for that L_G - I didn't notice it mentioned 7.30 on the original post.....

How many will be expected to attend..?

Will food be provided? I like my steaks done medium-rare, accompanied with a nice fruity claret..... :014:

You'll get a cup of tea and maybe a custard cream if you are lucky.  :015:

Is this the club's way of saying thank-you to the long suffering supporters, who week in week out hand over all their hard earned cash to watch football- which it has to be said - is sometimes not always of the  highest quality..... :symbol_question: :symbol_question: