FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager

Scotty

Of the candidates to emerge so far, who would you go for [more names may be added and you CAN change your vote]  

516 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brewster
    • Warnock
    • Malpas
    • Robertson
    • Pressley
    • Coyle

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that not imply that appointing Brew was far from being a foregone conclusion? I think so. I've got ?20 riding on each of our matches against the Arabs this year so if Brew does get the job I hope he fires the team up to prove his mettle. :crazy07:

so if duncan shearer is his number 2, does that mean when aberdeen part with calderwood in 18 months time brew goes there and we get shearer and wilson as the new tag team?  or does shearer goto aberdeen with brew?  :024:

hmm.. its a complicated one, nobody really knows which way the sh1tes going to hit the fan next, or perhaps the sh1te will just be piling ontop of more sh1te until we finally get our heads round the fact cronyism aint working?

time will tell

• 1 month later...

If he is to be forgiven for his previous departure then results need to come and come quickly, humble pie needs to be eaten and the appearance of contrition has to be there. Anything else would be unacceptable.

Was the winner on Saturday sufficiently contrite Scotty? The photos seemed to show his knee was quite bended!

I was delighted with the goal on Saturday and have never doubted the ability of Brewster the player. I was also happy with last night's result too, and the fact that heads now seem to be up again so he is certainly going in the right direction when compared to his DUFC stint. However it is way too early to fall at his feet and declare undying adulation but if he carries on like this and succeeds in improving my club then yes, I will happily eat my own slice or two of humble pie and say I was wrong. Its no big deal, I get things wrong all the time  :004:

Humble pie means diddly...and I'll bet I make many more mistakes...but,

nobody has ever asked for your/mine/anyone's undying adulation - least of all Brewster, my one worry is he will never perform this somewhat bizarre request for an 'appearance of contrition'.

I really, truly don't understand that!

I never saw the photos of his 'contrition' and am not really sure what you are asking about. I dont need to see him down on one knee apologising to all the fans, just to acknowledge that he made a mistake in leaving first time round - which I think he did on the day he was appointed.

Like many fans, I was unhappy when he left the first time and similar to Steve Paterson what actually stuck in my craw was not the fact that either of them left for a bigger job or their 'dream job' - that is quite understandable - it was that in days/weeks before in both cases each of them made statements of loyalty to ICT and then buggered off.

That is hard to forgive and despite his comments on the day he arrived, it will take time and results for him to earn back the trust and respect he had before in exactly the same way as it took a long time before I (and many other fans) forgave SP ! Are either of them bothered ? I very much doubt it - its just my viewpoint and one I know is held by a good few others.

Interesting to read over this thread again - must have been one of this website's busiest ever periods...

I'm confident Brew will continue to develop his managerial career here and that Caley will benefit considerably from his undoubted playing AND managerial skills....

Assuming he enjoys considerable success it will be interesting to see how he responds to his next job offer...  :024:

Scotty,

One of the great differences this time around is that Brew appears to have learned a lot. At United Eddie the Eagle, probably contributed to Brew's downfall because he wanted high earners out the door. He probably wanted a few others away too. Brew did the dirty work to clear the decks and then brought in young fresher guys with something to prove. The ship that Eddie was steering had nearly sunk so Brew had to go. Levein had a job to do and after recovering has had a much improved starting line.

Brew currently is using the Shankly approach to management of making players work harder and longer and supporting them with positive encouragement. He is more guarded in the technical area and less cocky. If anything he is the humble one. Yet here is a guy at 40 who still has a lot of games and years left in him I feel. Saturday's goal was quite stunning. Brew really wanted that one.

Far from you having to eat humble pie I hope it is a case of both club and supporters moving forward again together. Both last Saturday and last night were key moments for this Club and Brew along with the whole squad appear to be working so much harder. The only negative point last night was when Barry was awarded the Champagne and Donald seemed take umbrage - in the best possible sense.

Denis is smiling and generally hanging around on the goal line so here's hoping we're getting back on track with Brew just part of the family again.

Scotty,

One of the great differences this time around is that Brew appears to have learned a lot. At United Eddie the Eagle, probably contributed to Brew's downfall because he wanted high earners out the door. He probably wanted a few others away too. Brew did the dirty work to clear the decks and then brought in young fresher guys with something to prove. The ship that Eddie was steering had nearly sunk so Brew had to go. Levein had a job to do and after recovering has had a much improved starting line.

Brew currently is using the Shankly approach to management of making players work harder and longer and supporting them with positive encouragement. He is more guarded in the technical area and less ****y. If anything he is the humble one. Yet here is a guy at 40 who still has a lot of games and years left in him I feel. Saturday's goal was quite stunning. Brew really wanted that one.

Far from you having to eat humble pie I hope it is a case of both club and supporters moving forward again together. Both last Saturday and last night were key moments for this Club and Brew along with the whole squad appear to be working so much harder. The only negative point last night was when Barry was awarded the Champagne and Donald seemed take umbrage - in the best possible sense.

Denis is smiling and generally hanging around on the goal line so here's hoping we're getting back on track with Brew just part of the family again.

good post. agree with much of what you say and the signs are indeed encouraging. I want him to succeed because if he does, then so does the club. my reservations were based on his record at DUFC and his "loyalty" comment and both of those he can make us forgive/forget with results. As for anything else .. Warnock/selection process etc, that is not down to him so we cant hold it against him or blame him......

It is somewhat ironic that in the games he has played in, even for 5 minutes, the team have performed at their best and eventually got the wins they deserve. I always said he was a better player-manger than a manager stuck on the touchline. In his short spell at DUFC he was injured most of the time and had an abysmal record.  So, long may he be able to play but in the meantime let's hope he finds a way to inspire the team to a good run of results from the sidelines when he is no longer able to play!

And looking back on this thread all that I am reminded off is ma old pal James Brown who once said to me - Wo! I feel good, I knew that I would now, I feel good, I knew that I wouldn't of,So good, so good, I got you.

And has anyone got a Romanian translation.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: