FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager

Scotty

Of the candidates to emerge so far, who would you go for [more names may be added and you CAN change your vote]  

516 members have voted

1. 1.

• Brewster
    • Warnock
    • Malpas
    • Robertson
    • Pressley
    • Coyle

My mate texted me saying he had heard on interview on 5 live or somewhere with warnock and he was seemingly distancing himself from the job. I myself didnt hear it so cant reall make a judgement. BAD NEWS if true

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate texted me saying he had heard on interview on 5 live or somewhere with warnock and he was seemingly distancing himself from the job. I myself didnt hear it so cant reall make a judgement. BAD NEWS if true

Looks to be a non-starter now, Smee....  Whoever gets the job -  it is going to seem like a real let down... :020:

id be happy enuff to give anyone decent a go on the previso its not an ex manager of ours nor maurice malPISS. would prefer an experienced manager this time tho. EVERY manager we hav had has been a gamble with no real experience to call upon at professional level

I've been thinking about this, and if Brewster were to come back, I would find it very hard to go to another ICT game.  I lost all respect I had for him after he ****** us about.

I've been thinking about this, and if Brewster were to come back, I would find it very hard to go to another ICT game.  I lost all respect I had for him after he ****ed us about.

I can forgive him for that but I tend to agree with all the other posters who've said ICT were pretty boring to watch under his tutelage.....

I've tried to resist the urge to out and out berate any of the "candidates" because I'd like to think that whoever is appointed as manager that we'd all have our say, then get behind the man 100% when the next match comes around.

I'll admit that I would find that harder with some of the current candidates, but at the end of the day I am an ICT fan and until such time as any appointment proves unworthy of it, they would get my support.

I still want Warnock to get the job though  :001:

For those berating Brewster for the way he left us - how do you feel about Hastings being in the team?

Additionally, Brewster got us closer to the top 6 than any other ICT manager. Our style of football has not been significantly better under CC than it was under CB. At the end of the day would you rather go down with tippy tappy football are be pushing for this top 6 spot with football that isn't all that great to watch?

Your right RiG, our style of football isn't that much different under CC than it was under Brew, that's why I'd prefer a manager with enough experience to know that playing the same game plan 38+ times in a season is eventually going to get you found out....which is exactly what is happening to us now.

Additionally, Brewster got us closer to the top 6 than any other ICT manager.

When did he do this?

I remember he joined in November (?) 2004 and left in January 2006. So he never actually managed us for a full season. Points from 2004/2005 would have been contributed by Robertson as well as the caretakers managers just as points from 2005/2006 were!

CC is the only manager thus far to have been in charge for a full season

I wouldn't like to see Brewster back.  Not after the screw-up he made at Dundee United.

I wouldn't hold that against him, he was working under difficult circumstances at Utd.  I think he will be appointed and if he is we have to get right behind him and hope that he has learnt some lessons and gained some more experience from his time away.  At the end of the day it's the results that matter and if he turns things around we'll all forget about the past and be delighted to see ICT climbing the table again.  It would be poetic justice to have him back for Saturday.  :001:

Guest TinCanFan

As I said before I wouldn't have him back at all and why do ICT keep going after managers they've had in the past?  They've had their chance and it would be better to try something new.  It has to be Wornock for me.

There's a Supporters Trust Meeting tonight.  Maybe that's when the new manager will be properly announced. :024:

I don't expect that to be the case.  If you read the other threads you will see that we seem to have a short list emerged from today's lengthy board meeting.  I know that they are keen to make an appointment but it won't be that quickly.