TV Sit-coms....

Johnboy

I mentioned Blackadder goes Forth on another thread which was probably one of my all time favourite TV sit-coms..  :003:

Another favourite would have been Fawlty Towers....

Anyone remember Basil groping for a lightswitch in the company of a shapely Australian girl?  :001:

What was your favourite show and/or favourite moment from it...?  :lol09:

All the blackadders were pure class and unbeatable for sarcasm,. I think the Third series was the best. I actually have a book with all the scripts for all four series. There was one series with 3/4 of the Young Ones cast called Filty Rich and Catflap which I loved and of course there was the Young Ones.  I loved The Office and Father Ted. The Newish IT CRowd is quite amusing. I like Steve Coogan stuff like Alan Partridge and the new series.I liked the stupid humour of Police Squad, and there was a stoopit series made called Gareth Mharenghis Dark Place which i found funny....and its a bit embarrasing, but I really like Friends.

Fawlty Towers was magic too.

Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, Young Ones, Blackadder all classics ..... Farty Towels would have to be the favourite out of those though, shame there were so few of them made - beating the car with a tree branch has me in stitches even now.

Since I moved over here, British comedy is sadly reduced in content but recent offerings that I have enjoyed on BBC Canada have been things like The Office, Little Britain, 3 Non Blondes (ok not a sitcom), and a few others I cant think of right now. Canada has produced a few decent ones too - Corner Gas, Trailer Park Boys and Little Mosque on the Prairie being the most popular

Thought of a few more .....

British: On the Buses, Allo Allo, Dads Army, Hi De Hi, Last of the Summer Wine (for Mantis), Some Mothers Do Ave Em, The Goodies, Bread, Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin, Rising Damp, It aint half hot mum, One foot in the grave, Only fools and horses

American: Sgt Bilko, Cheers, Frasier, MASH, WKRP in Cincinatti, Hogans Heroes, Taxi, Mork & Mindy, Happy Days, SOAP, Married with Children, .... The Simpsons !!!

http://www.sitcom.co.uk/list_top.shtml

Anyone remember Basil groping for a lightswitch in the company of a shapely Australian girl?   :001:

:rotflmao:

Something we agree on finally JB  :003:

I remember watching that scene as a kid in the company of my parents. Frantically trying to suppress laughter I noticed my father was in a similar state. Outstanding mammaries memories!

Anyone remember Basil groping for a lightswitch in the company of a shapely Australian girl?  :001:

:rotflmao:

Something we agree on finally JB  :003:

I remember watching that scene as a kid in the company of my parents. Frantically trying to suppress laughter I noticed my father was in a similar state. Outstanding mammaries memories!

[img width=500 height=377] basilgrope.jpg

although this is my favourite ......

fawltytowers_3.jpg