FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- HEARTS - Matchday Thread

Scotty

Tokely does come in for a lot of criticism regarding the subject of being out of position.  Despite his superman capabilities, he is actually only human.  This means that when he does go forward and cross the ball or pass it on, he finds it difficult to be in two places at the same time.  There should be some kind of understanding between him and say Russel Duncan who could cover when Tokely surges forward, something he did to great effect yesterday especially in the second half.  In fact I was so impressed with Rossco yesterday he will be getting my vote for MoM.  Cowie also did a power of work and deservs all the praise he is getting, and Marius was another who did his fair share of tracking back and was on the edge of our box as often as he was in the Hearts box.  Good all round display.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was walking on air last night! Wat a cracking goal and a well-deserved win. As someone else said, Roy of the Rovers stuff. Hearts had some great moves, but ultimately did very little in front of goal. The stats show that their keeper was by far the busier, tough hardly tested. Until Brew came on most of the shots were either limp or off-target. How are we gonna replace him?

He had the side well-organised, though I think we may see more changes, and even continual ones, fo the rest of the season. We at last have some depth of pool and competition for places. First time I have seen McGuire and though that he did pretty well. Munro looked out of position several times, but no disasters occurred, fortunately.

Much has been said about the Toke, I thought he was great going forward, but at a loss in defence on a few ocassions. And I dont mean running back. Black was my MOM, closely followed by Cowie, tireless worker. It would have been good to have Deano on, but his turn will come.

My only reservation, is to how hard we had to work to get this win , that level of committment is unsustainable, unless we get the Greek salads going again. Bu that is for another day. A big hurrah for Brew and the team. A win against Gretna Green will be a good barometer of how well we will do this season. Then lets get the points in.

I'll be glad when Hastings is fully fit as McBain was like a lost sheep at left back.

We have stopped losing stupid goals from the left back slot since Hastings was dropped, Roy is doing well at left back, keep dicky boy out i say.

Guest Glen Mhor

Tokely does come in for a lot of criticism regarding the subject of being out of position.  Despite his superman capabilities, he is actually only human.  This means that when he does go forward and cross the ball or pass it on, he finds it difficult to be in two places at the same time.  There should be some kind of understanding between him and say Russel Duncan who could cover when Tokely surges forward, something he did to great effect yesterday especially in the second half.  In fact I was so impressed with Rossco yesterday he will be getting my vote for MoM.  Cowie also did a power of work and deservs all the praise he is getting, and Marius was another who did his fair share of tracking back and was on the edge of our box as often as he was in the Hearts box.  Good all round display.

Wasn't Rossco voted the BBC Radio Scotland MoM after yesterday's match ?

:024:

Tokely getting skinned in the first half wasn't entirely his fault. On several occasions Cowie was wandering into the centre of the pitch leaving his right back exposed to two players.

One of the reasons why, while I've been very impressed with Cowie, I don't think he is meant to be played wide right.

Good point RiG. Cowie like Rankin preferred position is central midfield but as seems to happen a lot at ICT he is being played out of position. Luckily (for us) he had the whole of last season to get used to playing wide right as bizarrely thats where Leitch played him for County  :024: