FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fanzine

frank_the_tank

caley thistle have never had one though there was talk of trying to start one up about 1996 i think...

personally i think it would be a good idea and there must be some bright journalistic sparks out there who could do a good job.

caledonian certainly had one which was extremely funny called LSM - not sure if thistle had one...

Jags did have one, called 'Black and Red All Over', then it changed its name to '18 hours from Rotterdam' (that's how close jags came to being in the European Cup Winners Cup Final in 1985!) It was a hoot and the caley one stole all its ideas !!!.  :024: :blah01:

Personally I think Fanzines are old hat nowadays. The websites have taken the place of Fanzines......and anyway we've got this forum to fill us with laughter !!! :tic01:

interesting to note that as far as the press association and football dataco are concerned this site is officially classed as a "fanzine" which enables us to pay a reduced rate to display our fixture list !

interesting to note that as far as the press association and football dataco are concerned this site is officially classed as a "fanzine" which enables us to pay a reduced rate to display our fixture list !

A feckin fanzine with 20 feckin moderators  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

A feckin fanzine with 20 feckin moderators  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hey you - just watch it!!! :008:

:001:

20 moderators or not, we are officially classed as a fanzine by the powers that be. It may only be semantics to allow us to display things that other unofficial sites cannot or to get a deal on the cost of displaying copyrighted material such as the fixture lists but thats how we are designated ......

IF site users here want to make the site more like a 'real' fanzine then we are certainly willing to look at that in a few different ways. We can easily create a separate fanzine subdomain (a sort of mini-site) or we can accept submissions for the main site using the submit article feature .... but it would need a few dedicated people to help run this part of it and keep it full of material. The closest ICT ever came to an online fanzine was probably Chris' site (remember the County Air spoof !!!) and we are happy to work with him or anyone else if thats what the users want .......

Oh, gawd, no....let's just continue as we are, please.... I cannot keep up with more sites, and sub-sites, and fanzines, and whatevers! 

This is enough to be going on with, for now, please!

I cannot keep up with more sites, and sub-sites, and fanzines, and whatevers!  This is enough to be going on with, for now, please!

Thank gawd we havent shown you the masterplan  :015: :015:

We dont have any sub-sites at the moment .... all we have is a "main site" where the stories and reports and other links to things like the stats and gallery go and the "forum" where everyone congregates .......

We used to have a fanzine page on teletext 535,  Emma Harding used to write a page for us, now we don't seem to have as much info on digital teletext.

Do you think it would be a good idea to start this up again,or maybe teletext could quote comments from this site.

Funny that, I was thinking of setting one up but wanted to see if there had been any previous ones and I wasn't stepping on old ground. Although not sure if there would be much interest?

Frank - If you are talking of a paper based traditional fanzine then your biggest problem could be the club itself as it can (and will) control what is allowed to be sold in and around the stadium grounds. I cant see them being any more receptive to the idea now than they were about 6 or 7 years ago when the idea was floated before. It hadnt been fully developed as an idea but it was literally quoshed before it could ever get off the ground.

If you are talking of one on some form of digital media or website then perhaps we should talk as we could definitely help to host something on a subdomain or one of our other domains but as I indicated above, we wouldnt have the time to keep it and this site updated at the same time.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

I think it would be good to have. as it would spread the views of the supporters even further rather than a proffesional report like on the matchday programmes.