FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing of McAllister

Guest TinCanFan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the boo boys,I mean children, should only slag off the goalie for 45 mins and if you don't know which is the home or away goalie just ask someone next to you.

Any player who plays well in the reserves deserves to be involved in the first team.Why not watch a reserves game and practice cheering.

Theres no need to be patronising 12thMan, the boo boys are followers of ICT just as you are (dont give me any nonsense about them not being true 'supporters' please, I do get it).  Without wanting to sound too dramatic I'm surprised that so many on here are condemning freedom of speech, as much as booing Rory after being out for so long in a bloody warm up leaves a bad taste in my mouth, the posts making reference to what it says on the back of the match ticket, with the hint that some would try to get the stewards involved if it happens again, leaves an equally sour taste.

I think the boo boys should leave it next time,  theyve had their say and so have Rorys supporters, next time a decision is being made by Brewster that fans disagree with then the booing should be aimed at him or those above him.  We wouldnt be the first group of fans to call for a manager or chairmans head.

As it happens I think the booing of Mcallister was more of a reaction to EVERYTHING that appears to be going wrong at ICT rather than at the lad himself, giving him pelters for for somebody elses decision making just isnt fair.

If there is booing then I suggest those who disagree with it make their feelings known by cheering him through the abuse, rather than getting the baton swingers involved.  Going to the stewards sets a dangerous precedent  and gives them a license to 'clamp down' on anything thats pissing the ICT establishment off.

As it happens I think the booing of Mcallister was more of a reaction to EVERYTHING that appears to be going wrong at ICT rather than at the lad himself

You really think so? OK, next time they've run out of macaroni pies I'm going to give Wyness pelters. Just you watch me!

Jeez! :029:

I think Clacher has a point there, and it's one that's been raised by a few people.

The treatment of Rory may not have been a direct result of what's happening elsewhere, but a definite undercurrent of dissatisfaction and frustration exists among many of the fans and the results seems to be that people are going that bit further in all reactions to things they don't like or disagree with.

It's all about "the mood" - and it's a fact that people who are already in a bad mood about things will snap at others, even when they may have done little to warrant such treatment.

I don't think people's thoughts on Rory have changed any of late (for the better or worse), so it's the only thing I can think of to explain the treatment he received last week.

Well I?m sorry I think anybody even thinking of making excuses for such disgraceful behaviour is more liberal than Jeremy Thorpe!

I think such abuse has got more to do with lazy complacency from a hard of thinking minority that don?t realise how lucky we are to be consolidated in the SPL.

We follow a poorly supported club, Partick Thistle and Morton get more, and cannot expect to be silver spooned with a conveyor belt of finished product players.

Booing a young player because you have made up your mind that he will never make it, goes a long way to ensuring your embittered prophecy is well and truly self fulfilled.

It also will eventually deliver what the malcontents ultimately deserve.

If you don?t want to embarrass yourself, don?t dish out infantile abuse!

Oh and watch out for the power crazy stewards.

Give them a uniform?

:-)

Nope, I just dont get it - read through all the posts on this thread and still can't see the justification for boo-ing any of our players.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  So you don't like some player or other for some shallow reason, and you think it's OK to do the guy down, in public, in front of fans and players from both sides - but you know what? It's not OK, if you don't like them, get over it, let them get one with their job and shut the **** up.